Your favourite moment this decade supporting your club

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

.dobbie-signs-680x831.jpeg

Aye, its up there!

Taking on board the literal definition of 'moment' (& I knew about Dobbie for a few hours before that photo) I would go with either Ryan McGuffie's winning penalty at Ibrox or Gavin Reilly's 94th minute offside equaliser in the same game.

Although the pedant in me feels the need to point out the decade is still 12 months from ending! 🤐

Aye, its up there!
Taking on board the literal definition of 'moment' (& I knew about Dobbie for a few hours before that photo) I would go with either Ryan McGuffie's winning penalty at Ibrox or Gavin Reilly's 94th minute offside equaliser in the same game.
Although the pedant in me feels the need to point out the decade is still 12 months from ending! [emoji850]
You! Pedantic?! Never, SD! [emoji14]

Aye for actual "Scenes!" those moments at Ibrox probably top it.

57 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye, its up there!

Although the pedant in me feels the need to point out the decade is still 12 months from ending! 🤐

Does such pedantry therefore mean that Dundee United fans who are citing their 2010 Cup win, are duly disqualified?

Of the Ibrox moments it's got to be the winning penalty.  The equaliser felt kind of weird because it was so clearly offside, even from our berth in the corner that it took a minute to register that the goal stood.

I'd go for two other Reilly moments against Rangers - the last goal in either of the 2-0 and 3-0 wins at Palmerston.  The first one was the more complete performance, the second a better result in that it followed a win at Eater Rd and put us in the driving seat for the play-offs.

48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does such pedantry therefore mean that Dundee United fans who are citing their 2010 Cup win, are duly disqualified?

Of the Ibrox moments it's got to be the winning penalty.  The equaliser felt kind of weird because it was so clearly offside, even from our berth in the corner that it took a minute to register that the goal stood.

I'd go for two other Reilly moments against Rangers - the last goal in either of the 2-0 and 3-0 wins at Palmerston.  The first one was the more complete performance, the second a better result in that it followed a win at Eater Rd and put us in the driving seat for the play-offs.

Indeed achivements in 2010 should be excluded. They are last decade. 👨‍🎓

Take the point about the Cup win at Ibrox. It probably is McGuffie's penalty. Or even Agreyiou missing the one before it, rather than the Reilly equaliser.

As for the other two Rangers wins, if it's a moment then it's the 1st goal in each from Lyle and Holt respectively. Not the ultimately meaningless final goals. Holt's free kick especially was such justice coming as it did seconds after McGregor had somehow avoided a red card for a cynical handball to prevent us bursting clear on goal.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed achivements in 2010 should be excluded. They are last decade. 👨‍🎓

Take the point about the Cup win at Ibrox. It probably is McGuffie's penalty. Or even Agreyiou missing the one before it, rather than the Reilly equaliser.

As for the other two Rangers wins, if it's a moment then it's the 1st goal in each from Lyle and Holt respectively. Not the ultimately meaningless final goals. Holt's free kick especially was such justice coming as it did seconds after McGregor had somehow avoided a red card for a cynical handball to prevent us bursting clear on goal.

Neither of Reilly's felt at all meaningless at the time.

If you felt thoroughly relaxed at 1-0 or even 2-0, then years of being a Queens fan has taught you little.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Neither of Reilly's felt at all meaningless at the time.

If you felt thoroughly relaxed at 1-0 or even 2-0, then years of being a Queens fan has taught you little.

Never the less, I fail to see how the 2nd and 3rd goals in 2-0 and 3-0 wins were bigger moments than the earlier goals that actually gave us the lead in those games. Fair enough if you thought they were though.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Actually, for a single moment, McHugh putting us 3-1 up on aggregate at Falkirk might be up there. 

Obviously, there was a punchline, but at that point we were probably closer to making the top flight than we've ever been since leaving it in the mid 60s.

That's a fair point. At 3-1 up with 45 mins to go we should have got over the line v Falkirk and would have been left with a 180 min contest with Hamilton and then the same against a fragile Hibs side. It still would have been a huge ask but it's as close as we've been since the 60's. We were at the same stage 12 months later and had Rangers rattled and clinging on at Ibrox in the closing minutes but we never actually led in that tie.

Indeed achivements in 2010 should be excluded. They are last decade. [emoji67]‍[emoji310]

Surely 2010 counts? 2010-2020 is ten years. And by Definition 2010 isn’t part of the noughties. They can’t count the whole cup run but the final surely counts?

As for us anyone not counting the rovers game in 2011 is lying.load of stuff from 2013 off-field but everything about that match is the best on-field stuff.

12th February 2011. Neil McCann scores in the 95th minute during the Deefiant season. That was pure exultation.

4th May 2014. The day after we won the league and we had the celebration in the City Square. I'll always remember the legend that was Christian Nade going absolutely mental on the balcony when it was his turn to hold the trophy!!! That was pure fun.

2nd May 2016. Doon Derby. Nuff said.That was pure perfection.

47 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Surely 2010 counts? 2010-2020 is ten years. And by Definition 2010 isn’t part of the noughties. They can’t count the whole cup run but the final surely counts?

2010 to 2020 is 11 years. Slightly different in football terms as seasons cross two years, though, so I get your point.

I’m actually not sure there’s an official way or a definition of measuring decades. Suppose in this case just doing ‘the last decade’ of 10-19 makes the most sense.