Elgin City v Brechin City

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Personally thought that Sparky was rather fortunate to stay on having gone through the player over the ball, but I'm sure the highlights will give a better idea.  Also thought the yellow for McManus was harsh considering it was a 50/50 on a keep who had decided to make himself an outfield player outside of the box.  As said already, a pretty poor refereeing performance from all the officials involved who managed to cheese off both sets of fans.

3-1 result was a bit harsh on us considering that I didn't think there was much between the two sides, just that Elgin looked that bit more dangerous when they managed to get it around the box and took one of their two decent chances from open play.  Didn't see what all the fuss was about RE our penalty as it looked like a fall onto our player that would have been a straight forward foul anywhere else on the pitch.  Third goal only really happened because we left Elgin open as we committed forward to grab a last minute equaliser, which we would have got if it wasn't for a rather decent point blank save.  

Thought it was an entertaining enough match, although the second half gradually became a scrappy game of hoof-ball as we attempted to send it route-one to McManus who is unfortunately a foot or two too short to play to that tactic with any effect.   Some decent enough play in the first half to give some confidence ahead of what'll be a big one against Albion next week. 

Thanks for that.  Strangely others not too keen to impart any info about the game from our perspective. 

20 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Thanks for that.  Strangely others not too keen to impart any info about the game from our perspective. 

A post-match Inverness night out / stay over may have something to do with that.  ;)

11 hours ago, elgin proud said:

one of the worst example of poor sportsmanship I have ever witnessed on the lead up to your consolation goal

Saw the highlights and looked as if Brechin were in possession when the game was stopped . Does that not mean they are entitled to keep possession ? 

Drop balls can no longer be contested, If play is stopped, the ball will be dropped to a player on the team that last touched the ball - and where they touched it. All other players must be 4.5 yards (4m) away.

Whether they decide to give the ball back as an act of sportsmanship is up to them. If Elgin were fighting for there lives at the bottom of the league I guess I would be perfectly happy with the goal.

3 hours ago, roberts said:

Drop balls can no longer be contested, If play is stopped, the ball will be dropped to a player on the team that last touched the ball - and where they touched it. All other players must be 4.5 yards (4m) away.

Whether they decide to give the ball back as an act of sportsmanship is up to them. If Elgin were fighting for there lives at the bottom of the league I guess I would be perfectly happy with the goal.

Give the ball back?  ..........Even if Brechin had posession ? 

Looked like the Elgin defence switched off TBH . 

15 hours ago, elgin proud said:

guess it was only a consolation so no harm done but shows how despearate brechin r

I'll give you that one , given the time of year. .................................Nah , f**k it , desperate or not I would hope any Brechin team would do the same.   ;)