Your favourite moment this decade following your club

Solely going by the title of this thread, there is no competition for me in the favourite moment of the decade. The second that I realised that Adam Rooney’s penalty had hit the back of the net to win the League Cup. I was with my two sons, and I had put them through some utter torture in the previous fifteen years, so that moment of delirium with them was so special.

On 30/12/2019 at 23:51, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Arguably the 2012 final was the best day and certainly the greatest cup final of the decade
but in terms of actual “moments” it’s hard to look past Craig Beattie’s semifinal penalty.

honourable mentions go to

Hearing the CVA had finally gone through and knowing we had basically saved the club

Alim Ozturk at Easter Road

Seeing the steel cross beam for the new stand in place above the old stand for the first time

Ryan Edwards, a former Partick Thistle player who’d struggled to get into a shit Hearts side, somehow giving us a ridiculously improbable lead in a cup final against Celtic with Willie Collum as ref. It wasn’t a great day but it was a great moment

Templeton at Anfield too. Carnage and for a minute we dared to dream.

Generally always look for European adventures, and again we’ve had a few this decade including memorable evenings in places as far removed as San Sebastián, Almaty, Rijeka and Burnley.

The one that had a bit of everything though in terms of atmosphere, intensity and needle on and off the park was our 2-1 win in Groningen in 2014 to put us through, so I’ll go for that.

There's been a few!

1) Beating Ayr at Hampden to get to the League Cup Final

2) Beating Celtic in the Final.

3) Beating Rangers at Ibrox on Admin Saturday

4) Beating Rangers last day of the season to get into Europe

5) Beating Celtic at RP, drawing at Parkhead and beating Rangers home and away in the same season.

6) Jones scoring the winner vs Rangers after signing for them.

On 31/12/2019 at 21:44, Silvio said:

Hard to quibble with winning a major trophy as the highlight of the decade, it wins hands down. 

However, the feeling when Loy scored in this game and then the final whistle was just amazing. 

Yeah. When you consider that we weren't just a bit adrift earlier that season, we were fully fucking dead and buried, then that goal, and staying up on goal difference, and the utter magnificence of the Relegation Express thread in the Champ forum that season... just incredible all round.

On 31/12/2019 at 21:44, Silvio said:

Hard to quibble with winning a major trophy as the highlight of the decade, it wins hands down. 

However, the feeling when Loy scored in this game and then the final whistle was just amazing. 

Excellent scenes from the Saints fans on that day. 

On 02/01/2020 at 15:25, Squirrelhumper said:

There's been a few!

5) Beating Celtic at RP, drawing at Parkhead and beating Rangers home and away in the same season.

If you swapped 1 and 2 I would agree, although losing the semi would nearly be as bad as the CQN game. Worth mentioning that for the most relief I’d add in the last day victory against Falkirk. I felt we were down beforehand so was relieved as well as enjoying it at the end.

On 02/01/2020 at 15:25, Squirrelhumper said:

There's been a few!

Another great night was the one we beat Aberdeen 2 - 1 to give us a chance of staying in the top league.