Your favourite moment this decade following your club

A cup win makes any decade special ha. Who knows we might never see our teams do it again.

Ironically the relegation threatened season turned into one of our all time favourite seasons, what a rollercoaster that was and to go on to smash the league the season after was spectacular.

We haven't really done much in the top flight since the 80's, so just being in it is good enough for me, many would disagree though. We should be challenging to get into the top 6 but I don't like how that is seen as some sort of achievement nowadays. It didn't do Thistle any good but I'd love to see us become stabilised like Killie or Motherwell, even yourselves and not have to worry about relegation every season. Every club is only 1 bad transfer window away from a cluster f**k of trouble, really fine margins at this level.

That last sentence!

1. League cup win v Hearts

2. Bitchslappin Celtic 4 nil

3.Semi win v Celtic on the way to winning the league cup.

4.Winning last seasons play off final v Dundee Utd

5. 2-1 win v Rangers on Xmas eve. 

6. Billy Mehmets winner v Hearts in 2010 league cup semi.

7.  Championship win and beating Morton on trophy day.

8.  Rory Loy’s equaliser v Hibs to avoid the play offs into league one.

9. Beating Morton 4-1 at Cappielow on the night they thought they were going to relegate us. 

10. 4-1 v Dundee Utd on Boxing Day (Goodie smashed Armstrong) 

Being with 43000 Dandies at the League Cup final was special realising there probably has never been as many at one game before and we would unlikely see as many at a match again.
However I preferred the semi final against the Saints for the actual match and atmosphere.
I lived just under a mile from Tynecastle and that day was the noisiest I ever heard it.

I was in the ground quite early that day and the wall of noise when the Aberdeen players came out to warm up was incredible. I knew at that point we were beaten. When their end was filled up and in full voice as the teams came out, it was like nothing else I've heard in a ground. 

That atmosphere at the three semi-finals I've been to at Tynecastle was the sort of thing that draws you in to football in the first place but it's worked against Saints every time. Of course, the alternative would be folk ratting round Hampden...

I was in the ground quite early that day and the wall of noise when the Aberdeen players came out to warm up was incredible. I knew at that point we were beaten. When their end was filled up and in full voice as the teams came out, it was like nothing else I've heard in a ground. 
That atmosphere at the three semi-finals I've been to at Tynecastle was the sort of thing that draws you in to football in the first place but it's worked against Saints every time. Of course, the alternative would be folk ratting round Hampden...

I hadn’t been to see the Dons much for a few years prior to the Tynecastle game. My boys had chosen the Pars to follow so I end up at East End Park more often than not nowadays.
But the atmosphere at that game was probably better than any game I had been to during the ‘glory years’ when I followed the Dandies in my youth.
I agree that the atmosphere of a full Tynecastle knocks spots off the same crowd in Hampden. EG Vs Morton a few years later.

Saints actually played pretty decent until about 3-0, Aberdeen just scored every time they went up the park. Think I left at 3, not that sure, probably erased it from my memory. 

I wasn’t confident till we were 4 up.
I actually thought that Aberdeen played better in the Scottish Cup semi later in the season but we all know how that finished. [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

On 22/12/2019 at 23:18, Andy_K_97 said:

I have a few but for me it's a toss-up between the 2012 League Cup win and May 2019 beating the orcs to finish third. I'll probably go for the cup win on the basis that it was our 6th time lucky in the final of the competition and it was a culmination of beating our local rivals in the semi on the way to the final and truly earning the cup by beating the best team in the country. In a cup you need luck in every game and as well as having luck in the final we also matched and ultimately bettered them. Genuinely one of the most entertaining games I've been to, and the night out afterwards might never be topped. Going to uni early the next morning is an experience I try to forget though... Absolutely worth it, a day I'll never forget as long as I'm alive. 

4218254862.jpg

Just a shame about the tragedy that happened right after full time 😞

12 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

However I preferred the semi final against the Saints for the actual match and atmosphere.

At 4-0 I should have probably left long before– but I stayed to the end because of that atmosphere. It's what football is about, win our lose.

10 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I wasn’t confident till we were 4 up.
I actually thought that Aberdeen played better in the Scottish Cup semi later in the season but we all know how that finished. emoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.png

I'm sure you missed a counter attack chance in the SC Semi that was almost identical to one that was scored in the LC Semi, one of those sliding door moments as it wouldve made it 2-0 and we wouldnt have come back from that IMO.

Also, heres the only table that matters. A glorious decade.

EMkIyKgW4AA5fjj.jpeg.c4cf95d26b2503c7d3039f5b8e86e801.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

At 4-0 I should have probably left long before– but I stayed to the end because of that atmosphere. It's what football is about, win our lose.

f**k that. I left after the 4th, was in the front rows and absolutely soaking. Zero chance I'm hanging around to listen to opposition fans ripping the pish out Stevie May/St Johnstone for half an hour.