Your favourite moment this decade following your club

Easter Road has aleready been mentioned so I'll throw this into the mix. Beating Celtic 1-0 at their own midden to go top of the league, no games in hand or anything involved, and being able to sing "we're top of the league and you're no" to them was a good day [emoji16]  

1412518203203_wps_36_05_10_14_SCOTTISH_PREMIER.jpg.e3fced7face87675ae2c55c72f47878b.jpg

As well as the game itself I was heading to Chapelhall after it so I was literally the only Accies fan on the platform at Bellgrove to catch the train to Airdrie once the game was over. 

Hard to hide my smile & colours but felt needs must as I was surrounded by hordes of Celtic fans raging we'd beat them at Parkhead [emoji23]

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Totally agree. Better than the League cup win, simply because it was real supporters there, rather than the kiddy on ones that turn up at cup finals, it was tense and there was a lot at stake, and we got to invade the pitch at the end. Also very cathartic for Vaclav given the difficult time he had personally at the end of last season. 

Got to be trouncing the **** 6-1 in the play -offs . Saving ourselves from relegation  while consigning them to another year in the lower leagues was glorious.  It was like all the planets aligned to f**k them over big time.  Highlights of this included the three one win at Ibrox with Ainsworth  crossing himself after scoring the third sending them into a rabid frenzy.The twist and shout singalong by the Well fans after being kept behind.  Refusing to give them a full away ticket allocation after they fucked us over at the last minute for ours and the subsequent heads gone from ra peepul. That Cammy Bell punch. Sitting behind two Rangurs fans in our end as we pumped them three nil at Fir Park which ended wae the wummin *** bursting into tears  . Leaving the game to witness the utter seethe of the reduced away support as we pointed and laughed.  Oh the memories!!

58 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

As well as the game itself I was heading to Chapelhall after it so I was literally the only Accies fan on the platform at Bellgrove to catch the train to Airdrie once the game was over. 

Hard to hide my smile & colours but felt needs must as I was surrounded by hordes of Celtic fans raging we'd beat them at Parkhead emoji23.png

We got some pelters walking through Bridgeton afterwards so we pocketed our scarves and stopped in at West for a few well earned celebration pints 😎

In fairness I do remember one old Celtic fan congratulating us outside the stadium so it wasn't all sour grapes

22 hours ago, Lofarl said:

I just love the look of that bitter old p***k to the left of David Gray.  I want to distill his emotion.  I was a few rows down and to the left when he lifted the cup.  Strange thing is I was in a different stand at the start of the game.

bitter old ### ####

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Funny how Cammy Bell features in one of our best moments and one of our worst moments of the decade.  Also good to see Steve Davis playing so well on this clip but has matured to play his best football of his life with us this season:

The first team in Scotland to enjoy an eight-year decade.

59 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Kincardine biting like the thick, alcoholic, raging *** we all know he is. 

24 minutes ago, DurrantsKneeIsJelly said:

Or the kiddy on one side that turn up to play off finals either. Or is New love Street rammed like that for every game?

You have to hand it to Magee for keeping both of his (current) aliases in synch.

I have a few but for me it's a toss-up between the 2012 League Cup win and May 2019 beating the orcs to finish third. I'll probably go for the cup win on the basis that it was our 6th time lucky in the final of the competition and it was a culmination of beating our local rivals in the semi on the way to the final and truly earning the cup by beating the best team in the country. In a cup you need luck in every game and as well as having luck in the final we also matched and ultimately bettered them. Genuinely one of the most entertaining games I've been to, and the night out afterwards might never be topped. Going to uni early the next morning is an experience I try to forget though... Absolutely worth it, a day I'll never forget as long as I'm alive. 

4218254862.jpg

Good decade/bad decade 
Good
St Johnstone - Obviously
Celtic - Three treble trebles and won every title since 2011. Good for these c***s.
Hibs - A lot of absolute dross, but 2016 obviously means it’s been a good decade for them
Hearts - see Hibs, replace with 2012
Kilmarnock - Started poorly, but won a trophy, and had some resurgence towards the end. 
St Mirren - been generally brutal, but won a trophy. Probably scrape good. 

Livingston - Flying high, doing better than they could have realistically expected at the start of the decade. Got to be good on the whole. 

Aberdeen - a lot of frustration here that they never fully capitalised on a good period and only have one trophy to show for it, and a diddy one at that, but got to be overall pleased. 

Motherwell - cup final losses have to hurt, and no trophy, but a second place finish and plenty of European trips. Overall positive I’d say.
Ross County - won a trophy, got to a Scottish cup final, bought St Johnstone a bus. Cracking decade here.
Hamilton - still trophy virgins, but spent the majority of the decade at the top table, while annoying plenty of ‘big’ clubs along the way. Mugged Jason Cummings right off. Solid if unspectacular. Good decade. 

Bad decade 
Rangers* - Died. Got battered all over Hampden by the Hibs. Please see the banter years thread for further details. 

Any arguments? 
I'd say StMirren's decade has been better than scraping good.

Spent most of it in the top flight.

Won a cup, beating Aberdeen away, Celtic & Hearts at Hampden.

Produced some excellent young players that have went on to play for Scotland.

Breaking our highest transfer fee recieved record.

Fucking the Old Firm.

Compare that to clubs similar size/stature to us like Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick, they'd all pump their own maws for a decade like ours (particularly the Dundee fans).

True, scrape the wrong word, and obviously compared to dross like Falkirk and Dundee you’ve had a cracking decade.

Probably should have said that the cup win has made it a good decade, without that a highest place of 8th and having been flirting with relegation to the seaside leagues it’d probably go down as a bad one.

A cup win obviously makes that all irrelevant though. 
A cup win makes any decade special ha. Who knows we might never see our teams do it again.

Ironically the relegation threatened season turned into one of our all time favourite seasons, what a rollercoaster that was and to go on to smash the league the season after was spectacular.

We haven't really done much in the top flight since the 80's, so just being in it is good enough for me, many would disagree though. We should be challenging to get into the top 6 but I don't like how that is seen as some sort of achievement nowadays. It didn't do Thistle any good but I'd love to see us become stabilised like Killie or Motherwell, even yourselves and not have to worry about relegation every season. Every club is only 1 bad transfer window away from a cluster f**k of trouble, really fine margins at this level.