Your favourite moment this decade following your club

It has been brilliant decade following Saints. Huge wins over Aberdeen (5-1), Hibs (5-1) and Rangers (4-1), two wins at Ibrox, two at Celtic Park, European trips and of course lifting the Scottish Cup. 

It's hard to argue against that as the pinnacle but as an individual moment, Stevie May's winner in the semi-final maybe edges it. 

It wasn't a case of just being glad to be there in the final but there wasn't the history of disappointment that surrounded any semi-final. Saints had lost 9 of them in 25 years and you could never go into them with much confidence. We lost an early goal that day and you were left with the familiar feeling. To score the winner so late, such euphoria and such a release. 

article-0-1D1430F200000578-28_636x382.thumb.jpg.d94a64457071e00d4db8a563a1a2cbb9.jpg

30,000 Aberdeen fans "ole"ing every pass and singing "who the f**k is Stevie May?"

1 hour later 3000 Saints fans start responding as May's just bagged a double to win us the Scottish Cup (United were our bitches that season, was always a NAP we were winning that game).

I can pinpoint an exact moment.  League cup final, I arrived maybe 10 mins before kick-off, as I walked up the stairwell I was greeted with a view of 43,000 fellow Dons and it struck me, that I'd never seen so many Dandies in one place (even though I'd been following the Dons since the mid 70's).  I also realised that I'd likely never see the likes of that again.  I remember being quite emotional! 

https://images.app.goo.gl/kiXyn5F7gsmdAonT8

Yours

aDONis

I tweeted a Top 10 a couple of weeks ago, so out of laziness I'll just screenshot that. They all mainly cluster around three things:

1. Winning the League Cup, including beating our rivals (who have still won f**k all and never will) in the semi.

2. Finishing 3rd last season.

3. Avoiding relegation against Falkirk on two separate occasions.

The only ones that doesn't fit in there are:

The win over Dundee, which was just a brilliant night of football. Fucked over by a shite penalty decision, down to 10 men and yet we came flying back to win. Was the night I realised how special that team was under Clarke.

The 2-0 win at Parkhead, which was our first there in nearly 60 years. Especially with Liam Kelly's celebration in tribute to his dad.

20191221_134543.thumb.jpeg.673f80b6164058ebbfcbacefcd176138.jpeg

Edited by craigkillie

Probably finishing 3rd last season. It was just a season filled with absolutely class memories. Made what was otherwise a pretty horrific year for me pretty special so it will always be my favourite. 

Beating Celtic to win the cup was pretty decent too.