The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

Absolutely gutted, the wee man has picked up a rotten throat infection and cough.
His big sister had it over weekend.  Hopefully he shows some bouncebackabilty when he gets up tomorrow.
Hate when the kids are Ill but even worse at Christmas.
My daughter spent her first Christmas in Yorkhill so to all parents, cherish your day with the wee ones.
I also have a rotten thirst infection but I have self prescribed copious amounts of alcohol tomorrow.
Have a good one everybody.

My wee lass has had the sore throat now she’s all snotty, sniffy, can’t breathe through her nose and worst of all.... get to sleep. At this rate I think I’m gonna be up til yon time waiting for a chance to do the Santa duties [emoji21]

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Merry Xmas to all other P&B parents who are having to not  only nibble a raw carrot round about now, but also so that it looks like a reindeer nibbled it.

The youngest Ranter is P7 next year, surely she won't believe by then....

Forgot to get one at Tescos. Have had to defrost a few baby carrots instead.  Hope Rudolph doesn't mind...

Flew to Poland today to visit her family.  As today is their gift giving and meal day she suggested I fly dressed as Santa (I own a suit as do few things for kids charities). 
TBH I was a bit unsure but as I doubt I would ever get the chance to do it again I went for it big time, suit, wellies, even my hand luggage was a santa sack.  Actually turned out to be fun.  
The faces on kids in the airport were a joy, took an age to get to the gate due to bairns, adults and staff asking for selfies.  I even had sweets to hand out (with the permission of parents before anybody comments).
Random allocated seats meant I was given row 1 while she was up in a row 16.  Boarded the plane and the captain appeared asking for a photo.  Said he was going to send it to his son and tell him he was helping Santa delivering presents.
Near the end the cabin crew asked if they could get a photo and just as we finished this absolute weapon strode up the aisle in wet-look leggings that left little to the imagination and asked for a hug and a selfie.  How could one refuse?  Well that was my excuse to her back in row 16.
As I sat back down a member of the crew thanked Santa for flying Ryanair and then some people started singing jingle bells.  Polish guy next to me said nothing all flight and just as we hit the tarmac he turned to me and said "Santa, can I get a selfie?"
Even the guy on passport control only asked for a peek at my face as did not want to burst the Santa myth to the kids in the queue.
Big family gathering all done, kids bought into their surprise guest with gifts.
Hope everybody has a day as good as mine.
IMG_20191224_115641.thumb.jpg.f73d984536dd0c3e38bf9f4aead5124e.jpg
That's fucking tremendous mate!

13 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Flew to Poland today to visit her family.  As today is their gift giving and meal day she suggested I fly dressed as Santa (I own a suit as do few things for kids charities). 

TBH I was a bit unsure but as I doubt I would ever get the chance to do it again I went for it big time, suit, wellies, even my hand luggage was a santa sack.  Actually turned out to be fun.  

The faces on kids in the airport were a joy, took an age to get to the gate due to bairns, adults and staff asking for selfies.  I even had sweets to hand out (with the permission of parents before anybody comments).

Random allocated seats meant I was given row 1 while she was up in a row 16.  Boarded the plane and the captain appeared asking for a photo.  Said he was going to send it to his son and tell him he was helping Santa delivering presents.

Near the end the cabin crew asked if they could get a photo and just as we finished this absolute weapon strode up the aisle in wet-look leggings that left little to the imagination and asked for a hug and a selfie.  How could one refuse?  Well that was my excuse to her back in row 16.

As I sat back down a member of the crew thanked Santa for flying Ryanair and then some people started singing jingle bells.  Polish guy next to me said nothing all flight and just as we hit the tarmac he turned to me and said "Santa, can I get a selfie?"

Even the guy on passport control only asked for a peek at my face as did not want to burst the Santa myth to the kids in the queue.

Big family gathering all done, kids bought into their surprise guest with gifts.

IMG_20191224_115641.jpg

Outstanding. Proper Christmas spirit and you look like the real santa, when I started reading I expected this: Screenshot_20191224-232635.thumb.jpg.8a0e5230f6ffce8d6ec07536d837f959.jpg

In all seriousness tomorrow won't be the easiest or best Christmas ever, will pop down to my ex wife's about 11.00 with presents for her and the kids... I may even get something in return, doubt I'll get anything off my daughter though who has been in a huff with me for months now but, will clearly take my presents and the money I transferred into her account the other day.

Then I'll be taking my son and my stepdaughter down to my own parents house for an hour or so, both of whom have had their own health scares of late and are a bit more frail looking every year but, still adore the kids and it makes their Christmas day seeing them, unfortunately that means I have to spend a bit of time with my brother who will also be there and is a bit of an arse truth be told but he is still my brother end of the day so presents will be exchanged between us all.

The heavy difficult part then comes when my son gets a visit to his mum's house to see her, his siblings and me, he's had a difficult time of late with some personal issues, he's been living in a supervised unit for teenagers with mental health issues,  Social Work are dragging their heels about whether he is ready to come home but he gets a two hour supervised visit to his mum's tomorrow, will be good to see him if emotional at the same time. 

Then my youngest son and my stepdaughter are coming to mine for their dinner while my daughter will no doubt stay at her mum's as I'm in the c**t book with her... awkward teenager phase 😧

Then I'll drop the two of them back off with their mum before hitting my Right Said Fred after what will be a long and emotional day without a drop of alcohol, plenty of that will be consumed on Boxing Day though as I head to St Mirren v Celtic with our CSC, immensely looking forward to it purely to unwind and release some tension at a difficult time, who would have thought someone would relish a day in Paisley so much... 😂

Hope you all have great day guys and girls 👍

Edited by Flybhoy

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Christmas can bring the best and worst out of people so hang on in there mate.

From what you wrote you are trying to do your best under very difficult circumstances and without wanting to sound patronising you should be commended for that.  Hopefully as time goes on the fact you are trying your best will be recognised and bridges can be rebuilt.

I work with some of the most disadvantaged kids and it breaks your heart when you hear how some of them are literally emotionally (and physically) abandoned by one parent or even both at this time of the year.

Hope your kid gets the mental health support they deserve, unfortunately sometimes you need to make a bit of noise and not take no for an answer for that to happen so do not be scared to do it.

👍

43 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Edited by Sugar_Army

Started night shifts on Saturday there and don’t finish until Saturday morning (28th). It’s just me and the wife this year as the kids are at there mums though I do have them on Boxing Day from 2pm onwards. Il finish in a few hours and go home to a bacon roll before exchanging gifts. Should be in bed by 9. The wife is nipping to her mothers for a few hours before returning home to make our Xmas meal of steak pie. Il get up around 2 and probably eat around 4.

It’s going to be shite without the kids but Boxing Day will be our Xmas day I suppose.

Merry Christmas to you all, hope it’s a good one

8 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Absolutely gutted, the wee man has picked up a rotten throat infection and cough.

His big sister had it over weekend.  Hopefully he shows some bouncebackability when he gets up tomorrow.

Hate when the kids are Ill but even worse at Christmas.

My daughter spent her first Christmas in Yorkhill so to all parents, cherish your day with the wee ones.

I also have a rotten throat infection but I have self prescribed copious amounts of alcohol tomorrow.

Have a good one everybody.

That's a good prescription even if you haven't a throat infection...

8 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

IMG_20191224_115641.jpg

That was a lovely read! Thank you.