The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well for at least 1 aye 😂

Everyone else will be having prawns, smoked salmon or black pudding bon bons

Sounds good!

I make up a platter of smoked salmon on soda bread to tide folk over til the turkey is ready.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Went round to Tesco earlier thinking, aye Monday, folk should be at their work. Forgot to factor in the dottled pishy pensioner factor.

That and the fact that Tesco wheeled out all their stock cages into the middle of the aisles to fill the shelves. 

Seething.

I was pretty much the same.

Thought it might be ok since its Monday. Nope.

Took about 30mins to get out the car park as well.

WigglyAssuredCockatiel-size_restricted.g

I went into town last Thursday - Thursday ffs - and couldn't get parked in the shopping centre car park, where I can nearly rely on getting the same spot every time I visit,  so f***** off to an even smaller town, where I did manage to get parked. People go mad at this time of the year. The majority of shops reopen on the 27th, some even open on Boxing Day.

Boxing day is usually the big day for our extended family, everyone gets together to play a game of broomball (a sort of ball hockey on snow, very Canadian) and then when we get cold go in for beers, desserts and conversation etc...  Will be a bit sad this year as my cousin who I was very close with died a couple of weeks ago so will miss seeing him

15 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The woman who lives next door to where I'm working just now was murdered in her home yesterday.

Just as well as I've still not bought a turkey. 

That’s nothing, I had to go back out to buy a Swiss roll tin to make my black forest gateaux Swiss roll.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That’s nothing, I had to go back out to buy a Swiss roll tin to make my black forest gateaux Swiss roll.

I’d suggest Delia’s squidgy chocolate log (errr) instead!

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Went round to Tesco earlier thinking, aye Monday, folk should be at their work. Forgot to factor in the dottled pishy pensioner factor.

That and the fact that Tesco wheeled out all their stock cages into the middle of the aisles to fill the shelves. 

Seething.

Surprised I didn't see you, it was empty! 🤪 

My first day outside in 3 days due to my kidney infection was fucking ruined by c***s who are surprised that it's only 2 days until xmas. It's not like it's on a random fucking date every year that only gets announced the week before. Fucking dicks!

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
11 hours ago, JamieThomas said:
Third Christmas away from the friends and family. This year the wife is working Christmas day and then goes into hospital on Hogmanay for surgery to beat the insurance costs.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

So, you've got an empty, is what I'm hearing...

Will 100% be turning up to the hospital the next day absolutely stinking of Captain Morgans. 

greggy.png

Just got a Xmas card and small present from one of 'my' Scouts who is usually a grumpy little teenage madam that thinks that leaders looking for a bit of order are evil and annoying.  My faith has been restored.

However, now that she evidently knows where I live, I fully expect to be cleaning eggs off my windows come the Easter holidays. 

Christmas dinner at the wife's cousin's house for the 3rd year running.  There will be 17 in total ranging from 4 to 73. There was 18 last year but my eldest daughter is going to her future in-laws for Christmas dinner this year.

It's usually a good day out for plenty of food and drink. 2pm kick-off with champagne and nibbles

Father-in-law a stick-on for spilling a glass of red wine over something or someone - family tradition

3 minutes ago, jock_the_squak said:

Christmas dinner at the wife's cousin's house for the 3rd year running.  There will be 17 in total ranging from 4 to 73. There was 18 last year but my eldest daughter is going to her future in-laws for Christmas dinner this year.

It's usually a good day out for plenty of food and drink. 2pm kick-off with champagne and nibbles

Father-in-law a stick-on for spilling a glass of red wine over something or someone - family tradition

I have never clapped eyes on my own cousins for years, never mind hers. I will be maintaining this trend for the foreseeable.

[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention]
I’ve written a strongly worded letter of complaint to his boss, don’t worry.
Surprised I didn't see you, it was empty! [emoji2957] 
My first day outside in 3 days due to my kidney infection was fucking ruined by c***s who are surprised that it's only 2 days until xmas. It's not like it's on a random fucking date every year that only gets announced the week before. Fucking dicks!
Arseholes.

Carpark was at gridlock.
Had to close the petrol filling station for a period of time also.

Humans are c***s

Was up at the big Tesco and Antonine Centre in sunny Cumbernauld today. Was busier than normal, but no madness, no parking issues, no big queues. Busiest place was Argos in the older part of the town centre. Enjoyed a coffee in my usual Costa, no dramas there either, other than running out of my favourite toastie, so was forced into having a ham & cheese croissant instead.

Viva Cumbernauld.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Arseholes.

Carpark was at gridlock.
Had to close the petrol filling station for a period of time also.

Humans are c***s

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah I was in the petrol station, took about 20 mins just to get out of it.

I’m thinking of going round again tomorrow just to ramp up the festive seeth a few notches.