The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

Been a great day. Went with my boyfriend up to my parents house. My uncle comes along and my brother cooks for us which is brilliant as he works as a chef, so dinner is always first class.

We are all older so don’t need much. We tend to buy events as gifts, so my family clubbed together and got my partner and I a trip to Krakow at the end of Jan. We got my parents tickets to the horse-racing at Musselburgh on New Tears Day etc. It’s good because they are things you remember.

Now back home eating choccie liquers and watching a especially violent programme about a Honey badger called Grit. He’s a right nasty b*****d.

Hope everyone in P & B land has had an acceptable day. Merry Christmas folks.

1 hour ago, Sugar_Army said:

We arrived at half four yesterday and meal was at 5 so all the cooking prep had been done.  Some of the younger family members are veggie (as is she) so they have never done that as long as I have been going out with her but it is weird walking into a supermarket or along the street and seeing these big plastic tubs with live carp in them.

Roll on New Year where midnight sees what must be akin to the opening salvo of a first world war barrage with the amount of fireworks people buy.

One year we were up on a beach on the Baltic coast at midnight (we were staying in a flat on an old Soviet airforce base).  I had bought a helmet from a local army surplus store and felt like an extra from Saving Private Ryan.  The Poles love things that go whiz, flash, bang!.

Not in 1939 they didn't...

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Dave, if the cheeses are lovely & there is any chance you’ll be getting stuck into them later, get them out the fridge immediately for the full effect! I only discovered this about 3 years ago & the taste difference is amazing, my board has been our the fridge since 1pm & probably won’t touch it for an hour or more! Thank me later.

Image result for kenneth williams

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The real thing just turned up here, with her shitey excuses of women in labour.

She missed the 3 year old grand daughter telling her 6 year old sister to "fūck up" and her rendition of a song from the new Grinch film "Bad fucking banana".

Making memories for years to come...

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not in 1939 they didn't...

Lol. 

Last year her sister and brother in law came over with their kids for Christmas.  Played Cards Against Humanity.  My first two answers were Auschwitz and Polish People.

Apparently her mother has just announced to the family "Remind me to get the breasts out of Aleksik tomorrow" (their nickname for me).

Her mother is a pretty fit looking bird for her age but I am really hoping she was referring to the chicken I am supposed to be having for dinner tomorrow!

38 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Been a great day. Went with my boyfriend up to my parents house. My uncle comes along and my brother cooks for us which is brilliant as he works as a chef, so dinner is always first class.

We are all older so don’t need much. We tend to buy events as gifts, so my family clubbed together and got my partner and I a trip to Krakow at the end of Jan. We got my parents tickets to the horse-racing at Musselburgh on New Tears Day etc. It’s good because they are things you remember.

Now back home eating choccie liquers and watching a especially violent programme about a Honey badger called Grit. He’s a right nasty b*****d.

Hope everyone in P & B land has had an acceptable day. Merry Christmas folks.

No winners then?

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I didn't get the vitamin T hoody that I was after its sold out😭😭😭.

Decent enough day kids got spoiled meal was decent took back custody of my rovers cup final shirt that was whipped off me as soon as it arrived.  

Did you drop the turkey on the floor?

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Someone gave me this as a present (3 discs)

Been playing it on a loop most of today.

"Hot Meat Pies, Saveloys & Trotters" is my favourite track

20191225_130248.jpg

What platinum single by an American rapper did they play on?

I've been bed-ridden with nasty diarrhoea so could only manage a slither each of turkey and gammon all day. Perked up after a nap and made myself a soup roll with some turkey, brie and Cranberry sauce but I'll be ruing this missed feast for the next 12 months.