The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

21 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

i love xmas..from about the 15th Dec right through to the day itself....

but does anyone else have the thing when the clock ticks over from xmas day to boxing day then thats it..enough. 

I dont go as far as some as my neighbours who although they put their tree up mid November, all the decorations come down Boxing Day.  But from Boxing Day onwards I cant watch any xmas films, or dont want to listen to the xmas tunes that 24 hours before I was singing along to.  Strange behaviour from me admitedly.  I think it stems from childhood trauma when i got taken to a Pantomime in January. Just didnt seem right...

This 100%. If it was up to me the tree and everything would be down on 27th.

It's the only time of the year I feel sorry for pampered footballers.

There you are running around in the pishing rain with 3 games in a week, unable to drink and eat excessively.

There I am pished and afraid to move incase I'm sick shouting at my Tele for you to move your lazy arse.

Magic.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone got anything clever or fancy lined up for christmas dinner?

I asked my 4 year old if she knew what a starter was... Explained it to her and she said she wants chicken soup. Tinned chicken soup.

Last year I made about 100 profiteroles, taking it easy this year and doing a tiramisu. Other than that doing the traditional turkey dinner. 

Are you going to be serving soup as your starter?

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Going to spend it coughing my lungs up and blasting my sinuses out my forehead at this rate. Having a kid is just a way to spread fuckin ebola to you via nursery.

I started working in one at the end of September, I’m on my second cold and I’ve had a dose of the shits!! 

44 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Last year I made about 100 profiteroles, taking it easy this year and doing a tiramisu. Other than that doing the traditional turkey dinner. 

Are you going to be serving soup as your starter?

Well for at least 1 aye 😂

Everyone else will be having prawns, smoked salmon or black pudding bon bons

Anybody else get mad flashback/daydreams like the monk from mean machine when doing the christmas food run or is that just me?

I honestly feel i could butcher half the c***s in asda doing food shopping with no remorse whatsoever at this time of year, human beings are complete inconsiderate arseholes

Food & drink shopping done. Thanks f**k for that.

I went to the big Asda at the jewel at 9 o clock and it was as full as I have ever seen it, was stressful as f**k! You always forget about all the running about you have to do, not to mention the expense of it all.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone got anything clever or fancy lined up for christmas dinner?

I asked my 4 year old if she knew what a starter was... Explained it to her and she said she wants chicken soup. Tinned chicken soup.

We are having the usual but for pudding this year my usual cake maker was doing extra large millionaire shortbread. It looks fucking amazing 😍

20191223_105326.jpg

Went round to Tesco earlier thinking, aye Monday, folk should be at their work. Forgot to factor in the dottled pishy pensioner factor.

That and the fact that Tesco wheeled out all their stock cages into the middle of the aisles to fill the shelves. 

Seething.

On 20/12/2019 at 18:55, Chicken Wing said:

Working nightshift. Woo-fucking-hoo!

I once got offered a job 20 secs into the interview. 

Manager:  "I'm going to ask you if you're able to work Xmas night and you're going to say yes.  Can you work Xmas night?"

Me: "Yes"

Manager: "Welcome on board.  Training night starts at [insert time and day].  See you then".

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Went round to Tesco earlier thinking, aye Monday, folk should be at their work. Forgot to factor in the dottled pishy pensioner factor.

That and the fact that Tesco wheeled out all their stock cages into the middle of the aisles to fill the shelves. 

Seething.

@G_Man1985