The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

Christmas is crap cannae wait til it’s finished blah blah blah

Christmas is absolutely superb, if you want it to be.  Time with the kids, no work, great food, recharging the batteries, early beers, late night cheeseboard, long lies, short naps, watching movies, guid presents, doing stuff you’ve never done or choosing to do nothing. Choose Christmas. 

Going to mass in the morning (mainly for the Christmas carols and belting out Adeste Fidelis and Hark The Herald as the absolute bangers that they are) before returning to eat a big breakfast with the housemates and their weans (aged 1 and 3, so they're a hoot). 

Cooking and eating the turkey my pal and I killed a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to cooking, tbh, and not being with my own family for a change. 

I fuckin love christmas.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This year I will be enjoying avoiding the extended family for the first time ever.

Expect to enjoy two weeks of peace and quiet. Nothing special for the 25th. Pie and beans for dinner. Endless tea and cake. Probably won't be drinking anything alcoholic. I seem to have grown out of that.

Family disowned you at last then?

Past couple years, haven't been too arsed about it, however this year really looking forward to it. 

Christmas morning at home with the Mrs, where we will do presents. Then off to her parents who will be cooking. Got myself a couple of cracking cigars (which evaded any custom charge), so will sit outside with a nice glass of something and have one of those. 

Boxing day will be spent watching numerous games of football, and then on the 27th we are down to my Nan's where my folks are having Christmas to do it all again. 

We're off to the US for 2 weeks over the hols. Christmas day will be spent at Kennedy Space Centre of all places. 10 days driving about in Florida absorbing some warmth before stopping in at my sister's in NYC for a few days on the way home. Anything over minus 17 degrees there would be an improvement on our last visit.

I'll miss the traditional Christmas dinner at my mum's, but not so much the fear of being called into a work emergency that may threaten any plans I have for morning drinking.

I will be enjoying not being rushed off my feet,the joys of working for UPS at this time of year.

We have our busiest two weeks this week and next with double milk orders and every door being delivered too on Sunday Monday both weeks. Only plus side is I have a week off after the second week, down side is I’m back at uni so no rest for the wicked.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

We have our busiest two weeks this week and next with double milk orders and every door being delivered too on Sunday Monday both weeks. Only plus side is I have a week off after the second week, down side is I’m back at uni so no rest for the wicked.

We had 175 deliveries on Wednesday and that was in only 8 streets

We had 175 deliveries on Wednesday and that was in only 8 streets

Suppose your downside is having to wait on someone to answer the door that takes up most time.

We have between 250-300 a night but, it’s just a case of whip it next to the door and in to the next night. One night of mines is really spread out but my other run is like that, concentrated really close together

10 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Suppose your downside is having to wait on someone to answer the door that takes up most time.

We have between 250-300 a night but, it’s just a case of whip it next to the door and in to the next night. One night of mines is really spread out but my other run is like that, concentrated really close together

I work in the city centre so mostly businesses.

On 20/12/2019 at 17:56, Bairnardo said:

Cooking for 6, drinking.

On 20/12/2019 at 19:00, Mark Connolly said:

FTFY

On 20/12/2019 at 20:52, The DA said:

...for 6?

22 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

FTFY Drinking for 6 , cooking 

Hey @Bairnardo,

I think you will be drinking for 6 more like!