Hamilton v Heart of Midlothian

That Hearts are shite and Daniel Stendel is not the messiah... he’s a very naughty boy?

Are Hearts in serious bother?
Give Stendel the winter break and the chance to make a few signings. They looked really poor in that second half once Naismith went off and certainly look like relegation candidates, but their WAR CHEST should steer them clear.

On the 2nd half performance today - yes.
Think they scored from their 2nd effort on target in game in 83rd min and the first was an average free kick from Whelan.

As said above when Naismith went off Hearts were very poor.

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Last team to be bottom on Christmas Day and survive was Hibernian, and even then they were tied on points with 11th placed Dunfermline who ended up relegated. Back in 12/13.

Its never been done since the play offs came in.

16 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Touché.

I'd been waiting for a suitable occasion to use my Sturgeon gif generator script since a week last Friday so I'm inclined to fire it up at the flimsiest of excuses

So, on that basis, here's an updated version:

SturgeonHearts2.gif.37c9a90a735368612bf26cfe1a48650d.gif

Same here mate.. I off loaded it on some yam taking the piss after last nights result on our match thread....

St Mirren are orders of magnitude better than Hearts just now. The scale of the rebuild required is gigantic.

Hearts papped us 5-2 at Tynecastle last month.

With a budget like theirs I’m sure they will be absolutely fine.

2 hours ago, Menzel said:

That move for the opening goal is lovely, and a good finish, but that Hearts defence looks terrible. A new backline needed, or are other parts of the squad more important for the rebuild?

We constantly leak avoidable goals and can't score. Today was our first away goal since the Derby in September.  It's quite the combination.

Hearts papped us 5-2 at Tynecastle last month.

With a budget like theirs I’m sure they will be absolutely fine.

Having watched both teams in the last week it’s unclear to me how that’s possible!

I’m quite sure Hearts will sign a raft of new players next months but they’ve got a long way to go to get out of this mess, particularly if they manage to lose their next two games.