QP v Cove

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Says everything about Hartley that his team scores a clincher and all he’s bothered about is GIRUY to Queen’s fans. I was disgusted when Darren Miller did it to Gretna fans and I’m not going to condone a scumbag (ask any Falkirk fan) doing it to us. Top marks to Quinno for defending our club and credit to Marko for walking away. Hartley scarpered up the tunnel soon enough.

I thought I saw Marko shaking his hand in the aftermath. Our fans were giving it out, so it's not as if he just turned round and gave it the big one for no reason. Obviously fuming and giving him pelters at the time and Quinno was giving him some in the heat of the moment at the final whistle as well. These things happen. 

I have absolutely no issue with the way he acted. If fans are going to give it out, they have to be prepared to take it back. All part of the fun. 

27 minutes ago, an86 said:

I thought I saw Marko shaking his hand in the aftermath. Our fans were giving it out, so it's not as if he just turned round and gave it the big one for no reason. Obviously fuming and giving him pelters at the time and Quinno was giving him some in the heat of the moment at the final whistle as well. These things happen. 

I have absolutely no issue with the way he acted. If fans are going to give it out, they have to be prepared to take it back. All part of the fun. 

I'm sorry but I think you should think again. If that had been either Lennon or Gerrard in an Old Firm or any game involving their clubs the fines and bans would have been sizeable and police would likely have been involved. No different rules should apply for Hartley. I despair that you think that was fun.

3 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I'm sorry but I think you should think again. If that had been either Lennon or Gerrard in an Old Firm or any game involving their clubs the fines and bans would have been sizeable and police would likely have been involved. No different rules should apply for Hartley. I despair that you think that was fun.

Think folk are just a bit precious on this sort of thing. If you don't think Hartley, or anyone else, is entitled to give it back, then it should automatically disqualify you from giving it out to another player or manager tbh.

It just looks like sour grapes. Our inability to put a consistent run together is far more concerning than a bit of shithousing from the opposing dugout. 

22 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Maybe football isn’t for you. Have you thought about going to watch athletics or something? 

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Football has been for me for the past 65 years. My standards of behaviour are obviously quite different to yours.

What did the big bad man do? Did he not just celebrate and gesture to your fans having received stick the whole game? Can you not see how absurd your point is. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Says everything about Hartley that his team scores a clincher and all he’s bothered about is GIRUY to Queen’s fans. I was disgusted when Darren Miller did it to Gretna fans and I’m not going to condone a scumbag (ask any Falkirk fan) doing it to us. Top marks to Quinno for defending our club and credit to Marko for walking away. Hartley scarpered up the tunnel soon enough.

The Cove chairman presented our chairman with a plaque to commemorate their visit to Hampden before the game. They’ve done it to every club in the league on their inaugural away game they proudly announced. How fucking arrogant is that? As if to record the privilege of having them as it won’t be happening next season. But by the end of the game they were showing the lack of class their blazers belied, behaving like OF scum. Easy to see why a wee shitebag like Hartley got a job and behaves like that.

I worry for our future if any of our fans think this behaviour is admirable. Not the professional input I voted for. Utter scum.

I can see where you're coming from but when City got their plaque from Cove the other week I just thought it was a nice gesture from the new boys 

Mind you we beat them so perhaps I'm feeling mellow.

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

What did the big bad man do? Did he not just celebrate and gesture to your fans having received stick the whole game? 

Wasn't for the whole game, but you are generally right. Cove should have gone down to ten, our fans were rightly unhappy and giving Hartley pelters when our guy was down being treated. He gave a bit back. They scored two minutes later. He got it up us. The end. 

Happens at every level of football. My mate played for a decent amateur team and they had a fixture pile up, including a cup fixture that wasn't a particular priority. They scored a late winner after a bit of acrimony and the manager hared up the touchline shouting "Hahaha! We didnae even want tae win this game! That's how shite youse are!" Always been part of the game and always will be.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The Cove chairman presented our chairman with a plaque to commemorate their visit to Hampden before the game. They’ve done it to every club in the league on their inaugural away game they proudly announced. How fucking arrogant is that? As if to record the privilege of having them as it won’t be happening next season. But by the end of the game they were showing the lack of class their blazers belied, behaving like OF scum. Easy to see why a wee shitebag like Hartley got a job and behaves like that.

I worry for our future if any of our fans think this behaviour is admirable. Not the professional input I voted for. Utter scum.

Hartley has always been a scumbag 

Dundee paid out a substantial settlement to the female physio they had until Hartley drove her out.

At Falkirk, he told Lee Miller he was out the Club on Xmas Eve so the player had to go home and tell his wife and kids.

He has found his home at Cove when appointed by his father in law John Sheran who is also a grade A w****r. 

We should be all honoured that Cove deem the second division clubs worthy of a plate to adorn their boardrooms to acknowledge that the magnificent Cove once graced their stadium.

Wasn't for the whole game, but you are generally right. Cove should have gone down to ten, our fans were rightly unhappy and giving Hartley pelters when our guy was down being treated. He gave a bit back. They scored two minutes later. He got it up us. The end. 
Happens at every level of football. My mate played for a decent amateur team and they had a fixture pile up, including a cup fixture that wasn't a particular priority. They scored a late winner after a bit of acrimony and the manager hared up the touchline shouting "Hahaha! We didnae even want tae win this game! That's how shite youse are!" Always been part of the game and always will be.

What is it you see in QPFC? Would you be happy to see a QP coach behaving like that? I support QP precisely because it’s not a club like Cove or Cowden.

To paraphrase the likeable Mr Bridges; it’s like inviting new neighbours to your house party and you find the guy shitting on your back door step and his wife throwing up on your new hall carpet. And just when you think it can’t be worse, your wife finds their adolescent son - let’s call him Paul - having a w**k in her underwear drawer. Would it be fair enough because it was your choice to invite them?

Ignorant people at Cove. Top to bottom.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What is it you see in QPFC? Would you be happy to see a QP coach behaving like that? I support QP precisely because it’s not a club like Cove or Cowden.

We're the team local to where I grew up. That simple. I don't see us as being morally superior to most clubs. 

Would I like to see our coach working opposition fans into an absolute seethe? I'd probably find it amusing. Others on here tell the tale of Jamie Rodden flicking the Vs at the Clyde support after scoring a winner at Douglas Park. Not sure anyone would have been stopping the celebrations to tut. 

Every club has indulged in GIRUY stuff and every club will do so again. Every club will also be on receiving the end of it. Nobody has any moral high ground here. 

Had we scored a late equaliser, instead of them getting a third, Hartley would have been getting it absolutely tight and everyone would have been loving it. It's a total double standard. Fans think they can dish it out and then act offended when it's given back. 

What was Mark thinking going with the same team as against Stirling. We were terrible against them as well. I don't get the Cammy Clark in at the back think Gibby would be a lot better in there. Finnie looks like a good addition to a problem position for us.  Tommy was a lot better yesterday. No need for him and Luke in there.  Play Calvin or Reagan in beside Tommy.  Although Reagan seems to have been shunted from the squad lately. Joffrey and Galty are playing to far away from Sal.  Sal was winning lots of headers but pointless because no one was anywhere near him. Get the ball on the deck play it to feet that the style of players we have. Cove kept the ball on the ground. Changes needed for the Annan game now. 

Let’s all remind ourselves that Fyvie has managed to drop down the leagues in his career. He booted a young McGrory who was simply too quick for him.

Hartley is one of the most hated figures in Scottish football. His career - similar to Fyvie - has seen him tumble down leagues. Shoo-in because he’s tight with the owner. His managerial record is horrific. He won’t step foot in Falkirk because he wouldn’t leave walking.

Twin-twat deal if I ever seen one.

19 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Fyvie could be playing a lot higher. Injury is the reason he has dropped down to get playing again. He has started his own business in Aberdeen and now not interested in full time fitba. 

There’s no doubt he could be playing higher but ‘a lot higher’ I’m not so sure. By all accounts he wasn’t a great success at a pretty ordinary Dundee United side - where would his next logical move be? I’m sure he could have picked up one of the lower full time sides but the difference wouldn’t exactly be exceptional. He’s one of these players that seems to have an over-inflated reputation as he broke on the scene as a young lad. He’s done well in small periods in our second tier, that’s pretty much it? Is he better than say Dow who was in this league last season without the same attention? I’m not sure. 

15 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

There’s no doubt he could be playing higher but ‘a lot higher’ I’m not so sure. By all accounts he wasn’t a great success at a pretty ordinary Dundee United side - where would his next logical move be? I’m sure he could have picked up one of the lower full time sides but the difference wouldn’t exactly be exceptional. He’s one of these players that seems to have an over-inflated reputation as he broke on the scene as a young lad. He’s done well in small periods in our second tier, that’s pretty much it? Is he better than say Dow who was in this league last season without the same attention? I’m not sure. 

I agree

He would struggle to get a full time contract especially with his injury record.

He runs a car business now so part time will suit him. Second division let’s him be a bit of a star without trying too hard. He seems to getting the big name let off from the ref if the queens fans are correct about getting away with a red.

i thought his challenge on Cox up there was a straight red as no attempt to play the ball but he only got a yellow. Rookie refs can be influenced by a name sometimes.

Fyvie should have been off, without question. My issue is the notion that we're above that sort of thing and never do it.

I'd probably still be waiting on seeing Queen's Park win a title if Ross Caven hadn't wiped out a Brechin player running through on goal during the last home game of 99/00. It was cynical and deliberate and I'm delighted he did it, as were the rest of the support who were applauding him off the pitch.

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was disgusted when Darren Miller did it to Gretna fans 

Eh? Have I missed something? Miller might have been an arse at times but not that day. After he scored that famous last minute winner at Gretna, he went mental and ran directly towards our support to celebrate. Hence the "pitch invasion", fans mobbing him,  and subsequent pathetic letters from the club president to those same fans. Are you not referring to another QP player who was on the other side of the pitch allegedly celebrating in front of their fans? 

Hartley is a p***k and I was more than happy to tell him this on Saturday. But I'm not gonna burst into tears because he gave me it back, I'll just give him more verbals (and let Quinno deal with him pitchside - allegedly 😉

Scottish fitbaw 💗