QP v Cove

11 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Agree with williebraveheart here. If that was an old firm, the manager would have 100% been sent to the stand and the player sent off for that challenge.

I let Hartley know my view on his player's shitebag of a tackle, however I was giving the ref plenty more stick for only showing a yellow. Porteous and Cosgrove got sent off for less imo, at least the ball was there to be won in their challenges  The inconsistency from officials is what frustrates us. Not the reason we lost though, our first half performance was why we lost   

21 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I let Hartley know my view on his player's shitebag of a tackle, however I was giving the ref plenty more stick for only showing a yellow. Porteous and Cosgrove got sent off for less imo, at least the ball was there to be won in their challenges  The inconsistency from officials is what frustrates us. Not the reason we lost though, our first half performance was why we lost   

The tackle by Fyvie was an assault with no attempt to play the ball and was very clearly a red card, up to that point the Ref had had a good game. Hartely then got involved with our supporters and his team with only 10 men started to waste time and take the piss out of the Ref with their time wasting. When we lost that last minute goal Hartley lost his head as did their Directors. They and Hartely were a disgrace to football by their behaviour at the end of the game.

The over celebrations from Paul Hartly was of course a wind up. I've seen him do this before for that same reason. However its just stuff that happens up and down the country between 3 and 10 to 5. All part of the pantomime.

I listen to a lot of post match interviews from managers. ( I know I need to get out more). Hartley does come over as a right dour miserable sod in these.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

The tackle by Fyvie was an assault with no attempt to play the ball and was very clearly a red card, up to that point the Ref had had a good game. Hartely then got involved with our supporters and his team with only 10 men started to waste time and take the piss out of the Ref with their time wasting. When we lost that last minute goal Hartley lost his head as did their Directors. They and Hartely were a disgrace to football by their behaviour at the end of the game.

To be fair your keeper should've been booked for the time he wasted before you conceded.  

Cove came at us big time from the off and it paid off. You can't make mistakes against them. We deserve credit for turning it round at half time. Another good goal from Salim but he was left with no one near him for too much of the game. We need to be capitalising on his ball-winning.

McGrory looked the part when he came on and I'd start him. I think we lack a guy on the park to shout at people and I'd think about a recall for Gibby.

Hartley showed himself and Cove up with his lack of class but I was more angry at the carry on at free kicks and shies that seemed to take an eternity. All this ignoring the ball and looking round to see who was taking set pieces was a load of pish and the ref should have sorted it out. That they scored after a stack of time wasting down at the corner just added insult to injury.

Mon the Queen's!

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 23/12/2019 at 15:14, Cove1922 said:
To be fair your keeper should've been booked for the time he wasted before you conceded.  

Not sure you quite understand why players waste time; generally it's not while you're losing.

Funny I said before you conceded.  Your boys looked happy to waste as much as possible when it was 0-0.  Great sign of confidence in your own ability.  

Cove wasted less time in the last 5 than your mob did in the first 20.  

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 22/12/2019 at 15:00, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Now you know why they are so popular.

Their chairman was at the helm of the SFA while they plotted to steal Hampden from us for a quid; it's unlikely we would warm to them.

The Cove chairman hasn't held a position at Hampden.  

24 minutes ago, Cove1922 said:

The Cove chairman hasn't held a position at Hampden.  

Your are off course right, but one of your Directors did, otherwise he could never have been President of the SFA. I am sure that, that gentleman that he is, must have been very embarrassed by the behaviour of the other people around him at the end of the match.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Your are off course right, but one of your Directors did, otherwise he could never have been President of the SFA. I am sure that, that gentleman that he is, must have been very embarrassed by the behaviour of the other people around him at the end of the match.

Previous chairman of the SFA was then cove chairman Alan McCrae. He was made honoury chairman when the the Fat Controller Moorhouse and his bookies runner son took over.