QP v Cove

As always with Cove, if you stand back and admire them and let them play then their better player will get them the three points.

If QP fire in about them though, you can win this.

Queens were decent at Hampden when beating Edinburgh a few weeks ago, so a repeat of that performance would be nice.

Our midfield is either posted absent and when they do play they are so slow and rigid in pattern. We need someone with flair and ball winning ability. Main had another shocker and I am afraid that is not Block's best position. McGrory improved things a bit in the second half but this was a lesson on support when attacking and moving into space for a pass when defending. I hope we learned from Cove today.

Our midfield is either posted absent and when they do play they are so slow and rigid in pattern. We need someone with flair and ball winning ability. Main had another shocker and I am afraid that is not Block's best position. McGrory improved things a bit in the second half but this was a lesson on support when attacking and moving into space for a pass when defending. I hope we learned from Cove today.

Mistake to go with Block and Main again in central midfield after last week zero creativity
Where’s Block’s best position genuine question been underwhelmed is he on a season long loan or back to Hibs in Jan?
McGrory made a difference off the bench last week and likewise today
He at least looks to get on the ball and is capable of creating like he did for the goal
Cammy Clark had a howler and not convinced he’s the answer in central defence was he not signed as a left back?
Better 2nd half far too passive in 1st and showed Cove too much respect
Megginson will continue to score goals for fun at this level and impressed by Declan Glass
Horribly cynical tackle from Fyvie no idea why that’s not a red followed by some pantomime antics from Hartley on the touchline

First half was absolutely pathetic. You cannot make it as easy for a team with Cove's quality in the final third. Gave ourselves far too much to do in the second half, where we improved. We need more about us. We're frequently far, far too passive. 

First half was a shocker, looked like the players had no clue what they were doing on and off the ball. The thing that’s frustrating is how easy we made for Cove. Cove had hit their first sticky patch of the season and we’ve reverted to hoofing the ball to Salim whilst giving them all the time in the world to do what they want. Reinforcements are definitely needed in January. Not convinced by Block at all and we desperately need some creativity in the midfield to make runs in behind from Salim’s headers. Thank god we’ve got Salim or we’d be down nearer 9th or 10th. Get him signed up as soon as possible 

Fitbaw - Poor first half but more competitive in the second. Great pass and header for the QP goal. Hopefully we pull in some talent for centre mid. Need a player who can play and puff their chest out to handle the middle of the park. Such an important area of the pitch, Tommy and Main are good honest lads but their still learning the trade.

Scum Cove - I hope no QP fans brand Hartley as passionate. He gave multiple signs to the QP fans. It looked like Tony Quinn told him to f!?k off at the end. Good man, don’t show scum any respect. I certainly wouldn’t shake hands with a greasy has-been who insults our own.

Cove directors etc gave a speech before the game. Trying to act like they have a touch of class. The basic principle of governance is setting the tone from the top. Fyvie can assault and Hartley can insult because their given authority to do so. Cove directors laughed as McGrory got clattered and Hartley was giving signals to QP fans.

I wouldn’t welcome Cove back into our lounge. [emoji106]

3 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

On the subject of "signed up" is there any reason why some of our squad could not already have signed pro terms? Does anyone know if we already have a fully fledged professional player paid directly by QP?

You can't sign professional players outwith the registration periods. This doesn't open until 1st January 2020.

The Hartley thing was panto. He was getting it and gave it back. I was giving him an expletive filled opinion on the situation, so can't really start crying when he turns round and gives it the big one. Actually like that sort of thing in the game tbh. Adds a wee bit of edge. 

Just watched the highlights and Sal's goal was excellent. It was pretty much a half chance. He's not that big, but I'm struggling to think of a better attacking header of the ball at QP. You feel he can score every time the ball is put in. 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Fitbaw - Poor first half but more competitive in the second. Great pass and header for the QP goal. Hopefully we pull in some talent for centre mid. Need a player who can play and puff their chest out to handle the middle of the park. Such an important area of the pitch, Tommy and Main are good honest lads but their still learning the trade.

Scum Cove - I hope no QP fans brand Hartley as passionate. He gave multiple signs to the QP fans. It looked like Tony Quinn told him to f!?k off at the end. Good man, don’t show scum any respect. I certainly wouldn’t shake hands with a greasy has-been who insults our own.

Cove directors etc gave a speech before the game. Trying to act like they have a touch of class. The basic principle of governance is setting the tone from the top. Fyvie can assault and Hartley can insult because their given authority to do so. Cove directors laughed as McGrory got clattered and Hartley was giving signals to QP fans.

I wouldn’t welcome Cove back into our lounge. emoji106.png

Now you know why they are so popular.

The Hartley thing was panto. He was getting it and gave it back. I was giving him an expletive filled opinion on the situation, so can't really start crying when he turns round and gives it the big one. Actually like that sort of thing in the game tbh. Adds a wee bit of edge. 
Just watched the highlights and Sal's goal was excellent. It was pretty much a half chance. He's not that big, but I'm struggling to think of a better attacking header of the ball at QP. You feel he can score every time the ball is put in. 

Says everything about Hartley that his team scores a clincher and all he’s bothered about is GIRUY to Queen’s fans. I was disgusted when Darren Miller did it to Gretna fans and I’m not going to condone a scumbag (ask any Falkirk fan) doing it to us. Top marks to Quinno for defending our club and credit to Marko for walking away. Hartley scarpered up the tunnel soon enough.

The Cove chairman presented our chairman with a plaque to commemorate their visit to Hampden before the game. They’ve done it to every club in the league on their inaugural away game they proudly announced. How fucking arrogant is that? As if to record the privilege of having them as it won’t be happening next season. But by the end of the game they were showing the lack of class their blazers belied, behaving like OF scum. Easy to see why a wee shitebag like Hartley got a job and behaves like that.

I worry for our future if any of our fans think this behaviour is admirable. Not the professional input I voted for. Utter scum.