Treble Winners (Celtic) v Sheep worriers (Aberdeen)

None of that applies to Sam's great challenge, so the appeal will be upheld. Unless Dermot Gallagher is on the appeal panel.

I admire your optimism but I think they’ll see that as excessive. Hope he does get it rescinded, I like tackles like that, the Hayes one v Rennes, simunovic v Miller, etc hard but fair.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

I admire your optimism but I think they’ll see that as excessive. Hope he does get it rescinded, I like tackles like that, the Hayes one v Rennes, simunovic v Miller, etc hard but fair.

Not much of a difference between any of them but if you read the majority of Celtic fans opinions on twitter you'd think Cosgrove has gone out to break his leg.

Not much of a difference between any of them but if you read the majority of Celtic fans opinions on twitter you'd think Cosgrove has gone out to break his leg.

I’d like to hear their views if broony does the same to Morelos on Sunday.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

None of that applies to Sam's great challenge, so the appeal will be upheld. Unless Dermot Gallagher is on the appeal panel.

It could be deemed excessive force and a lunge, winning the ball becomes irrelevant.
I'm in the same corner as drew, Ajer doesn't get hurt and plays on.
The one with french Eddie v McKenna was worse because Eddie couldn't play on with no foul given and McKenna gets a 2 match ban.

31 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It could be deemed excessive force and a lunge, winning the ball becomes irrelevant.
I'm in the same corner as drew, Ajer doesn't get hurt and plays on.
The one with french Eddie v McKenna was worse because Eddie couldn't play on with no foul given and McKenna gets a 2 match ban.

It really wasn’t a lunge, it is a full blooded challenge for the ball. As for Ajer not getting hurt and playing on, i agree that he didn’t get hurt but as he pretended that he did, that is what caused the red card.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It really wasn’t a lunge, it is a full blooded challenge for the ball. As for Ajer not getting hurt and playing on, i agree that he didn’t get hurt but as he pretended that he did, that is what caused the red card.

You seem to be missing the point, the fact that Ajer played on and french eddie didn't should go in Cosgrove's favour. 
Excessive force or endangering an opponent could mean anything.
If a player has to go off injured from the tackle is that taking into consideration when the decision is made days later?
Every tackle is different plus serious foul play has a broadband view of inconsistencies.    

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You seem to be missing the point, the fact that Ajer played on and french eddie didn't should go in Cosgrove's favour. 
Excessive force or endangering an opponent could mean anything.
If a player has to go off injured from the tackle is that taking into consideration when the decision is made days later?
Every tackle is different plus serious foul play has a broadband view of inconsistencies.    

I don’t really disagree with anything that you say, but the bottom line is that if Ajer hadn’t play-acted and feigned injury, the decision would probably have been a throw in.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t really disagree with anything that you say, but the bottom line is that if Ajer hadn’t play-acted and feigned injury, the decision would probably have been a throw in.

I take it you have never played the game, seeing a tackle coming or riding a tackle isn't the same as play acting or feigning a injury.
Yes Ajer is clever enough not to plant his feet or play the ball it's a what if split second glad he didn't.

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You mean like Shinnie getting Morelos sent off....

A nice wee bit of karma for Aberdeen.