Rate Your Manager's Signings

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

See that's what I mean. Holt was considered absolutely awful by a large section of the Dundee support. To his credit, there were an equal amount that had his back saying he wasn't that bad.

For me, and I suspect most Dee's would agree with this: Marshall is the more composed LB, he has a better cross, he's faster and he's less like bambi on ice all round.

Might that not just be because Holt played for you a level up on where Marsh is at the moment?

Marshall is a terrific wee left back, gives everything, brave as a lion, but at this level Holt is better.

Derek Gaston-Solid enough shot stopper, gives me the fear with cross balls though and his kicking isn’t great. 7/10

Bob Wilson-Signed as cover, didn’t look awful when he played. On loan at Musselburgh. Only played 1 league game (1 clean sheet mind you) so will go straight down the middle with 5/10.

Ben Stirling-Solid but unspectacular in his rare appearances. Probably have a decent career in the lower leagues. 6/10

Josh Campbell-Classic youth player, looks decent on the ball but all round game not up to this level. 4/10

Miko Virtanen-Wouldn’t swap him for many, if any, midfielders in the league. Desperately hope we can keep him past January. 9.5/10

Scott Stewart-Always impressed me at Airdrie, now he’s fully fit and flying. Will be a big asset for us in years to come. 9/10

James Murphy-Really technically gifted, and can see why he’s played for some big clubs. Poor when he is off the ball and at the moment struggling to get in the team. 5/10

Few shouts of Robson being our best player last season are far off.

He was loved by many as he ran about a lot (out of position 90% of the time) so made lots of recovery runs for himself and maybe the fact he was out near enough every other weekend with fans may have helped.

Dixons legs have nearly gone and he’s still miles better.

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

James Murphy-Really technically gifted, and can see why he’s played for some big clubs. Poor when he is off the ball and at the moment struggling to get in the team. 5/10

This the boy Dundee rejected?

American? 

Might that not just be because Holt played for you a level up on where Marsh is at the moment?
Marshall is a terrific wee left back, gives everything, brave as a lion, but at this level Holt is better.

Players in performing better at different clubs shock

How many posts about Marshall now and none of them have complimented his defensive abilities? That's the reason I didn't rate him as highly as other QoS fans. Good going forward, backs out of nothing and gives 100% every game.

His position sense and marking was questionable for the most part and for me I want defenders to first and foremost be good at defending.

I think he could do a job at LM but I wouldn't swap him for Holt at LB.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

How many posts about Marshall now and none of them have complimented his defensive abilities? That's the reason I didn't rate him as highly as other QoS fans. Good going forward, backs out of nothing and gives 100% every game.

His position sense and marking was questionable for the most part and for me I want defenders to first and foremost be good at defending.

I think he could do a job at LM but I wouldn't swap him for Holt at LB.

I dont think he was as weak at it as you do but it was certainly his weakest area and I agree Holt is better at that and a far better header of the ball. 

See that's what I mean. Holt was considered absolutely awful by a large section of the Dundee support. To his credit, there were an equal amount that had his back saying he wasn't that bad.
For me, and I suspect most Dee's would agree with this: Marshall is the more composed LB, he has a better cross, he's faster and he's less like bambi on ice all round.
I had his back. Quite liked him but the majority on here thought he was shite. More or less 95% of the main stand hated him for sure.

Kris Doolan - Perhaps the worst striker I have seen at this  football club, and I have seen some pish. Only contributing to a single goal against his old team. 1/10 

Jordan Houston - Looks promising. Solid enough defensively and good going forward with pace. Needs to have a better end product though. 6/10

Frank Ross - Played about 20 minutes against Berwick and about 15 against Falkirk. Unsurprisingly sent back to Aberdeen. 0/10

Sam Roscoe - Maybe I'm used to seeing Michael Rose but I can't see this guy becoming that standard. Had the odd good game but mostly been poor. 4/10

Ross Doohan - Had the odd error but most GK's do. Been very solid since coming back especially recently. 9/10

Stephen Kelly - Probably been the signing of the season for us. Looks great going forward. Not afraid to have a long shot and a very neat passer. 9/10

Edited by THEHonestman1910

Not really but carry on

Yes you have.

Dundee fans have the idea that Marshall is a better left back than Holt when the former is playing in an inferior division so is absolutely going to look better. Holt is a better left back though and had Dundee kept him they would probably say similar.

It’s nothing to do with players doing better or worse with other clubs.

Now change your name so people don’t confuse you for an Ayr fan and give us all a bad name.

Yes you have.

Dundee fans have the idea that Marshall is a better left back than Holt when the former is playing in an inferior division so is absolutely going to look better. Holt is a better left back though and had Dundee kept him they would probably say similar.

It’s nothing to do with players doing better or worse with other clubs.

Now change your name so people don’t confuse you for an Ayr fan and give us all a bad name.

They are both absolute jobbers. Different players are suited to different clubs. Shit happens.

I dont want to be confused for an ayr fan anymore than you want me to. But i cant be fucked changing my username on an internet forum. People who do are OFTW

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Possibly has some credibility, but as a player, I think most Dee fans would rather have Marshall than Holt even in the league above. This is probably their level, however.

They are both absolute jobbers. Different players are suited to different clubs. Shit happens.

I dont want to be confused for an ayr fan anymore than you want me to. But i cant be fucked changing my username on an internet forum. People who do are OFTW

An Airdrie fan coming into the Championship forum and calling players “jobbers” whilst they’re currently sitting in the seaside league with household names like David Hutton amongst their ranks is both hilarious and sad.

An Airdrie fan coming into the Championship forum and calling players “jobbers” whilst they’re currently sitting in the seaside league with household names like David Hutton amongst their ranks is both hilarious and sad.

I don’t really see your point. Show me where i say airdrie have a team full of world class players. Our team is also full of journey man and jobbers. It is not really a big deal