Rate Your Manager's Signings

Deniz Mehmet - sound c**t/10

Adrian Sporle - 3/10 - Probably a write off at this point, had about 1.5 decent games as a left winger but that's about it. Apparently not settled at all in Scotland.

Liam Smith - 8/10 - Good signing, solid defensively and gets up and down the right all day.

Mark Reynolds - 9/10 - Bizarrely saw a number of fans of other clubs labelling him as shite at the start of the season. Been absolutely solid most weeks and is a leader at the club on and off the park.

Adam King - 2/10 - Largely pish.

Lawrence Shankland - 10/10 - f**k all needing said here really.

I remembered reading all dunfermline fans raving about the boy Martin after his performance in the midweek celtic cup game. Played utd next and I was interested to see what all the fuss was about and he was really poor. Cant recall if he was playing at tannadice in the next game 
There was no midweek celtic cup game m9

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
26 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:
I remembered reading all dunfermline fans raving about the boy Martin after his performance in the midweek celtic cup game. Played utd next and I was interested to see what all the fuss was about and he was really poor. Cant recall if he was playing at tannadice in the next game 

There was no midweek celtic cup game m9

Must have been a weekend game then. We were binned out the cup by then by the mighty East Fife 

Sean Mackie - Scored one great goal but otherwise pretty terrible.  4/10

Josh McPake - Had really high hopes for this supposed wonderkid but is totally out of his depth outside the reserve leagues. 4/10

Jordon Forster - Slow, immobile and a bomb scare at the back. Strong but lacks the agility or composure to utilise it effectively. 3/10

Jamie Ness - Looked promising the League Cup games but been crocked ever since. 5/10

Shaun Byrne - Had high hopes for him after the season he had at Livi but looks like he's phoning it in now he has a lengthy contract. 5/10.

Jordan McGhee - By far our best centre-back, puts in a solid 7/10 every game, so that's what he gets. 7/10

Jordan Marshall - Aside from the opening Dunfermline game when he had a bit of a nightmare, has been one of our best players so far. Missed him badly when he was out injured which shows what a difference he makes to the team. 7/10

Kane Hemmings - Slow start but has found himself in among the goals at last. I imagine he will get a much higher rating before the end of the season. 6/10

Danny Johnson - Not getting enough chances for such a dangerous striker, will hopefully see more of him. 5/10

Graham Dorrans - Should be a 10/10 and skooshing this league but has been good if nothing spectacular so far. Passing ability and vision is clearly miles ahead of most midfielders in the division. 6/10

Declan McDaid - Either completely anonymous or a one man game changer, typical infuriating winger. His purple patch when our strikers were not scoring is the only reason we're remotely in contention for finishing the year in the play off positions. 8/10

Connor Hazard - Did a decent job when called upon. 6/10.

Edited by EpicMike

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That Dundee United game was our worst performance of the season I think, could've been four or five from United. 

Yep. Should have been an absolute thumping. Don't think we strung two passes together the full match. 

For Caley Thistle - 

Mitchell 'Mitch' Curry - On loan from Middlesbrough and apparently heading back there very soon.  Fast and has scored a couple of goals but had a fair chunk of his spell out with injuries. 5/10

Nikolay Todorov - Basically Jordan White Mk2.  Scored three goals, two of which were in home thrashings of Morton.  He's basically someone to bring on for White. 5.5/10

James Vincent - I think he's been brought back simply for nostalgic reasons.  Scored once and, in typical Vincent fashion, been out for a long spell injured. 4/10

Miles Storey - Scored three times, two of which were helped by goalkeeping howlers.  Looked a bit better the last fortnight, but constantly played on the wing, which clearly isn't his position.  On the whole he's been more Partick and Aberdeen's Storey than he was the player he was for us for us this first time round. 5/10

James Keatings - When he's on form he's one of our better players, but like Vincent and in typical Keatings fashion has had a significant spell out injured.  He's looked alright but I still don't think we've quite seen the player he can be yet. 6.5/10

David Carson - Brought in from English 8th tier side Morpeth Town and previously captain of the Blackburn Rovers U23s, Carson had a slow start but has come into things a lot more recently.  Deployed both in central midfield and at right back, in recent weeks he's seems to have gotten more up to speed with the pace of the game and has cemented himself into the central midfield role.  A tenacious box-to-box midfielder, he looks to be one of our better signings this season. 6.75/10

Edited by Highland Capital

Including guys who were on loan last year and signed permanently...

Fox:  6/10 - he’s been OK, Morton game aside and his weak areas haven’t improved in his spell up North. Far from the worst is as good as I can give him.

Williamson :  3/10 – pretty much as advertised by Dunfermline fans

Hall: 2/10 – had a howler on his debut vs Ayr, disappeared for ages, came back for a couple of games under McCall, disappeared again. Out of contract in 11 days and would be surprised if he’s kept on

Robson: 2/10: a strange looking creature, like a wee boy with a beard. Not very good at football and must be near the front of the queue for the exit in January

De Vita: 3/10: I had high hopes but he has looked every inch a 32 year old coming off a year out with an ACL injury, has scored a couple of goals so I’ll give him that. If we have an option to return him to Livi in January then we will, he’s been bombed to Glasgow cup duty only of late (see also Hall)

Kakay: 6/10, has come onto a game although he is the classic “not quite good enough defensively to be a RB but also not good enough going forward to be a winger”. Would happily keep in the short term tho (see Williamson)

Gordon: 4/10: scores 2 goals or does nothing, sometimes both. Missed most of last season injured and on course for a repeat this season.

Cole: 8/10- clear standout player from this bunch, would probably be a mark higher if he hadn’t missed a month or so injured. Would be very good business to get him on loan for the second half of the season, I would worry bottom half Premiership clubs may be in Brentford's ear

Palmer: 5/10- he’s OK, will probably not make it at Rangers but should have a decent enough career. Not better than what we have which is my benchmark for a loan player, I’d not extend his loan in January and sounds as if McCall is of the same mind unless we can’t get an upgrade in which case he’ll be kept for squad depth

Miller: 6/10- can’t argue with his work rate and fitness especially for someone turning 40 on Monday but not many of his goals have come in the league and his wandering all over the field and blaming others for his mistakes isn’t  great. Wouldn’t be stunned if he left in January now that a) his mate in the dugout has been binned and b) he has no shot at the manager’s job, but can’t really think of a realistic option where he could go now Falkirk have confirmed their management team

Jones: 4/10- His first touch and finish vs ICT showed there might be a player there but there's not been a whole heap before that and his career history suggests sicknote. Almost certainly not good enough to wear the socks halfway down his calves like he does. Convinced his real name is Toby Alexander Pratchington-Jones.

Austin: 0/10 until he plays a non Glasgow Cup game. Signing a guy with a knee made out of cheese was always a gamble.

Zanatta: 5/10 - very greedy tho sometimes this can pay dividends (his goals vs Inverness) and refs are wise to his terrible diving, but he looks decent enough as a sub if not a starter

Mansell: 3/10 – Caldwell’s pet project but McCall evidently does not rate, might be a chore to move him on in January given the 18 months left on his deal.

Edited by Fuctifano

7 hours ago, coppola said:

Deniz Mehmet - sound c**t/10

Adrian Sporle - 3/10 - Probably a write off at this point, had about 1.5 decent games as a left winger but that's about it. Apparently not settled at all in Scotland.

Liam Smith - 8/10 - Good signing, solid defensively and gets up and down the right all day.

Mark Reynolds - 9/10 - Bizarrely saw a number of fans of other clubs labelling him as shite at the start of the season. Been absolutely solid most weeks and is a leader at the club on and off the park.

Adam King - 2/10 - Largely pish.

Lawrence Shankland - 10/10 - f**k all needing said here really.

Forgot all about Troy Broon - 5/10 - Wotevs.

Quite sad about Williamson. I used to rip him because he has all the attributes to being a great full back except being able to learn the game and it was so frustrating.
If you can get an attacking side with overlapping winger and full back then hes brilliant at that but defensively it all goes pear shaped too often.
Was hoping that partick would give him a new chance but cant see that happening now. Maybe league one would suit?
Shame because he seems like an honest hard working player.

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Quite sad about Williamson. I used to rip him because he has all the attributes to being a great full back except being able to learn the game and it was so frustrating.
If you can get an attacking side with overlapping winger and full back then hes brilliant at that but defensively it all goes pear shaped too often.
Was hoping that partick would give him a new chance but cant see that happening now. Maybe league one would suit?

Williamson started our last game against ICT so he is being given a chance

Caldwell gave Williamson a 2 year deal in May so It would be difficult or expensive to move him on. 

On 19/12/2019 at 09:50, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Kalvin Orsi - Has had injuries but wouldn't be playing even if he was fully fit. Cheap backup at best - 2/10

Cameron Blues - I not only don't understand what he's doing when he's on the pitch I don't think he understands what he's supposed to do either unless he's been specifically told to avoid receiving the ball and to ensure he doesn't tackle anyone - 2/10

Both featured in the Brechin side that rattled into, down and out the bottom of L1 last year - baffling signings for Morton. Tbf Orsi had a handful of decent games and he was far from being alone in being a bit rubbish but his level is L1 at best i’d say

5 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Both featured in the Brechin side that rattled into, down and out the bottom of L1 last year - baffling signings for Morton. Tbf Orsi had a handful of decent games and he was far from being alone in being a bit rubbish but his level is L1 at best i’d say

Even better, after leaving Brechin Blues then played for the Berwick side which was relegated spectacularly from League 2. They took 5 points from the 13 games he featured in then lost the playoff 7-0 on aggregate, with Blues looking indistinguishable from the rest of the East of Scotland League level dross he was lining up with. He shouldn’t have been able to get a deal with any SPFL club, let alone a Championship one.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

He’s had a few stinkers but he’s had a few decent games. Was getting stuck in last week. If McCall can maintain his confidence levels he’ll be okay. Might get a chance to get on the front foot today as I can’t think of any wingers in the Dees’ line-up?