Rate Your Manager's Signings

Just going to go with this season's signings.

Kevin Nisbet: Quite possibly the best striker we've had since Andy Kirk. Positional awareness is fantastic, his control is second to none and he genuinely causes panic in the opposition defence, as well as being a goal machine. Wonderful stuff that we have him on a two year deal. Can't remember us having a striker that can actually bully centre-backs and cause panic in the box. 

Ryan Dow: I'd say he's been our second best signing. Last season we lacked so much width it was absolutely abysmal to watch, but Dow has plugged that gap very well. Chips in with goals, assists and is a nuisance when cutting inside. A terrific signing. 

Aaron Comrie: Exactly what you want in a defender: solid at the back and good at getting himself up the park. Seems to have a good engine on him. Had a pretty poor game against Yinited at EEP earlier this season. Apart from that he has looked good. 

Greg Kiltie: Looked a decent player for this level. Positive that he can play in the middle as well as out wide. I'd really like to see us sign him permanently, depending on Killie's plans now Allesio has been given the sack. 

Kyle Turner: Came with a bit of a reputation, after Aberdeen and WBA supposedly got knocked back by him.  Hasn't totally set the heather alight, but he looks like he has something about him. Another young lad, so he's one for the future, but he's looked decent in some performances. Just has to get a bit of consistency to his game. 

Paul Paton: Well, I think we all gave a collective groan when we seen him announced, but he's actually proved a lot of Pars fans and Falkirk fans, especially, wrong. He's not been a total world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but Paton plugs in the gaps from the midfield and can spread the ball about well. Just a bog standard sort of defensive midfielder. He's made a positive contribution to the club. 

Harry Cochrane: I think a lot of Pars fans got excited with this signing. Cochrane will most likely be recalled in Janaury, but I've liked him whenever I've seen him. Has brilliant passing ability and vision. Maybe not a total class act we'd have hoped, but given he's had injury woes and is only a young lad, then can't be too harsh on him. Would have kept him tbh but Thomson coming back will be filling that void, which is actually brilliant news as he was by far our best player last season, not that it would have took much. 

Josh Edwards: Not a starter for us. We've been unlucky with injuries to Lang and Murray which has gave him some game time. I thought he played well against Celtic and Ayr, but he can be prone to making silly errors. Again, he's only a young lad, so it comes with the territory. One for the future. 

Matthew Bowman: Hasn't played a senior game yet. Unknown quantity. Just a young lad, so another one for the future. 

Gabby McGill: We paid a development fee for him, but he really doesn't look anything decent tbh. He was banging goals in for fun for the reserves, but that's about it. Looks a bit chunky and lost whenever I've seen him play a senior game.

Josh Coley: Not very good in all honesty. Played well against St. Mirren in the Betfred Cup, but rarely showed any decent quality any other time he played. According to Twitterland he's injured and has returned to Norwich.

Euan Murray: Thought he look very good before his injury. He's only played 2 or 3 games so can't pass proepr judgement.

Tom Lang and Anthony McDonald: Both have been injured the full time they've been here and neither have made a senior appearance.

Edited by DAFC.

Kevin Nisbet, Ryan Dow and Aaron Comrie have been great.

Have liked the look of Kiltie and Turner but don't think either have been consistent enough.

Cochrane should be running the show but feel he may be recalled in January.

Paton is not the best of players but he's far better than most folk give him credit for.

Lang, Murray, Bowman, McGill and McDonald have not been able to make any real impact, either through injury or lack of game time.

I'd forgotten Josh Coley existed, which is sad considering his bright start in the LC games.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

I think he's alright, has good physical attributes and is decent with the ball but seems to lack game intelligence, he'll make a living from the game I reckon. Would've preferred to have him a available even if for an option from the bench. 

Josh Coley is his only dud, been very poor. Maybe he's better suited to the English game but I'd be happy to send him back to Norwich now.

He’s already been punted back to Norwich.

Agree with most Pars fans I’ve seen comment here. Nisbet and Dow are the real stars of our team. Would say Kiltie could be up there, with a bit more consistency.

Comrie is decent. Paton’s leadership in the middle of the park makes a huge difference. Cochrane has a lot of talent, but his ability to disappear in games has been his most notable attribute so far, he’s only 18 though and I’m sure he’ll improve.

Turner & Edwards will hopefully improve over time, but seem quite average just now. McGill and Coley haven’t impressed me at all and really can’t judge Murray/Lang yet.

Not a new signing, but Lewis Martin has been absolutely brilliant this season, having only managed one start and one sub appearance last season. Tough one for management, as I think he’s been our best CB and our best LB. Easily my player of the year so far, despite Nisbet’s goals.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would argue Dunfermline have done the best business of the summer apart from Dundee Utd acquiring Shankland.

Took them awhile to get going but they’re well in the running for a top 4 place now.

Our home form has been good. Our away form is what has let us down. A poor start to the season, much like season 2016-17, and it's took us a while to get going. Definitely in for a shout for a play-off place. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Not a new signing, but Lewis Martin has been absolutely brilliant this season, having only managed one start and one sub appearance last season. Tough one for management, as I think he’s been our best CB and our best LB. Easily my player of the year so far, despite Nisbet’s goals.

The best left back in the league, thank you. 

I remembered reading all dunfermline fans raving about the boy Martin after his performance in the midweek celtic cup game. Played utd next and I was interested to see what all the fuss was about and he was really poor. Cant recall if he was playing at tannadice in the next game 

14 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

I remembered reading all dunfermline fans raving about the boy Martin after his performance in the midweek celtic cup game. Played utd next and I was interested to see what all the fuss was about and he was really poor. Cant recall if he was playing at tannadice in the next game 

Everyone had a shocker that day. A really abject performance.