Next Permanent Kilmarnock Manager

Who will be Kilmarnock's next permanent manager?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was going to construct an elaborate post that built up a credible-sounding candidate before the punchline being that he knew how to beat part-time Welsh sides in European competitions, but I can't be arsed, so... you guys lost to a part-time Welsh side in Europe. Ha ha.

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Was going to construct an elaborate post that built up a credible-sounding candidate before the punchline being that he knew how to beat part-time Welsh sides in European competitions, but I can't be arsed, so... you guys lost to a part-time Welsh side in Europe. Ha ha.

^^^ I like this kid.  He's got balls.

I think John Hughes can probably still do a job somewhere, but there is no danger that a guy whose last job involved relegating Raith Rovers to League 1 (and making an enormous arse of himself whilst doing so) should be anywhere near contention for a top six Premiership club.

Top six? For how long?

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'm sure David Martindale is behind the Livingston successes rather than Hopkin or Holt. His past a likely blocker for a more high profile role. Also, just because guys are mostly associated with English football does not make them good managers, in most cases it's been proven that they don't tend to do well.

I still think John Hughes is a good manager but has that cartoon persona that means he isn't taken seriously.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

He usually does fine if he inherits decent sides but he's a car crash at making his own signings.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think John Hughes can probably still do a job somewhere, but there is no danger that a guy whose last job involved relegating Raith Rovers to League 1 (and making an enormous arse of himself whilst doing so) should be anywhere near contention for a top six Premiership club.

Tend to agree with harry94 on Hughes, I don't think he leaves any of his teams in very good shape either.

Bookies have slashed odds on Neil Warnock. Fowler has also said he's looking for someone with English football experience. Bar his age, he strikes me as a very Kilmarnock appointment.

On 18/12/2019 at 12:16, Coventry Saint said:

Pretty sure they would beat St Mirren too.

After all, there isn’t much between St Mirren and Kilmarnock......

16 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A lot of talk about lovenkrands. Seriously can’t see that being an option, the guy hasn’t coached above youth/reserve level. Would be very surprised if it isn’t between Dyer and Holt 

Much the same as John Kennedy to Hibs. Its just a nonsense rumour someones made up so they can talk about Rangers/Celtic, as they have literally no idea who's actually in the running.