Stranraer v Forfar AFC

Our longest away game this year on the shortest day of this year. 

Both teams struggling to put it nicely.

Personally, I can't see much goals and unfortunately don't see the Loons travelling home with 3 points.

Any fans going to this game home or away should be given a free ticket to the next game, with Christmas just round the corner and both teams being utter shite.  Who ever turns up, I salute you.

C'mon the Loons. 

Guest bernardblack

Great planning putting this game on so close to Christmas....

Can anyone remember the last time we won at Stranraer?

A draw away in the playoffs springs to mind but that’s about it

14 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Great planning putting this game on so close to Christmas....

Can anyone remember the last time we won at Stranraer?

A draw away in the playoffs springs to mind but that’s about it

We ran riot one midweek a few seasons back 5-0 or something? 

Ah yes, the basement battle of who is less crap. Stranraer or Forfar? Neither team are brilliant at creating anything so could easily be another 0-0 for Forfar. If that's the case then Stuart Malcolm will have had three 0-0 draws in 6 games. Really exciting stuff!

26 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Ah yes, the basement battle of who is less crap. Stranraer or Forfar? Neither team are brilliant at creating anything so could easily be another 0-0 for Forfar. If that's the case then Stuart Malcolm will have had three 0-0 draws in 6 games. Really exciting stuff!

We will not get a clean sheet this weekend, did you not here? He/Malky has  been training to kick the ball forward last week, this week he will train to kick to a team mate, Football is basic stuff you know.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll put it out there, Malky is Mince, get him to f**k.

There's been a definite improvement, from the way the team interact in the warm up pre-match to the attitude during the game. Hopefully the shock of finding themselves in the lead will have gone and a thumping win on Saturday will do nicely. They owe us a wee xmas present.

I’m hoping it’s a long awaited victory for Stranraer , too many games we have played well but not managed to convert possession into goals but I think we are due a victory and not a better time than this weekend , if we lose I feel the gap will be too much for us to close and relegation will become a very real possibility, so come on Stranraer let’s up our game and treat this game with the importance it deserves 

We’re good enough going forward but get to the final third and we’ve nothing to offer.
Other games we play and it’s just lump the ball from front to back.
Silly errors at the back are costing us weekly.
Really like the way Faz speaks but don’t think his recruitment has been good enough. We’ve not had a forward since Malcolm or Longworth.
Anything other than three points on Saturday and the managers position needs to be questioned.

Stranraer need to score the first goal because if it goes to Forfar instead that's pretty much game over. The team has some decent players in it but all the trickery in the world will get you nowhere if there is nobody in the box to put away the chances created. Once Stranraer go behind they tend to just sling the ball desperately up the field where opposing defenders simply chew it up and then send it back where it came from.

The money from the Ibrox cup tie could be spent in many useful ways but one of them has got to be finding new players up front. The only way the team ever looks likely to score is from a corner or a penalty. Combine that with letting too many in at the other end and it's a recipe for relegation, for sure.  

2 hours ago, Chalder#1 said:

Stranraer need to score the first goal because if it goes to Forfar instead that's pretty much game over. The team has some decent players in it but all the trickery in the world will get you nowhere if there is nobody in the box to put away the chances created. Once Stranraer go behind they tend to just sling the ball desperately up the field where opposing defenders simply chew it up and then send it back where it came from.

Forfar are in the same boat. We go behind we crumble. The first goal tomorrow (if there's any goals at all) will be crucial and probably decide the outcome. Saying that, we blew the lead 3 times to Dumbarton, so even if we take the lead Stranraer could easily come back. 

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Forfar are in the same boat. We go behind we crumble. The first goal tomorrow (if there's any goals at all) will be crucial and probably decide the outcome. Saying that, we blew the lead 3 times to Dumbarton, so even if we take the lead Stranraer could easily come back. 

So really you mean the first goal doesnt matter?

9 hours ago, MethilMink said:

So really you mean the first goal doesnt matter?

If Stranraer score first it'll give them confidence, and Forfar will most likely crumble. What I meant is that provided Forfar don't have a similar collapse to last week then getting the first goal will, hopefully, give them a lift to push on, and see out the game. 

I still see 0-0 as the most likely score however.