Peterhead v East Fife

5 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

6 points away from home against Stranraer and Peterhead is good going! Sets us up nicely for the Raith game! Will there be any highlights of this game? Well done East Fife

Our highlights usually are up, later in the week did notice someone from East Fife  with a small camera on a tripod so they might be up earlier.

While on the subject of EFtv 's utterly excellent highlights, package, I've watched every game, since I became aware of them, however I don't think I ever found the one of the game where we were presented with the Div 3 championship at home to East Stirlingshire. I did wonder if it was something to do with the SPFL being there and they maybe filmed it? Was there ever any anywhere to be found?

It was a sunny day and we had those flaming pyrotechnics, so surely hell wouldn't have frozen over that day!

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Well unfortunately they were! The game was filmed but the memory cards were mislaid & never found, unbelievable but true. There were so many personal videos doing the rounds at the time it didn’t seem that much of a loss but I just thought about this the other day & realised that in fact it is so apologies for that

Seem to remember Shire rested much of their team for the play offs. We were expected  to run up a cricket score. Was sitting near their fans & they sung the whole match, shame to see them lose league status. I only recorded the presentation, would've been nice to see their goal again, was a cracking free kick if I recall. 

Keep up the good work though. If anyone's got the game, maybe they like to share? 

18 hours ago, peternapper said:

We were ok first half  & probably  should have been ahead  but difficult to see from where I was but looked as if two defenders with the chance to clear  a ball up the middle & neither doing it, 2 nd  goal  as well should have been cleared long before it arrived for a tap in at the back post. You could see the difference in midfields today East Fife usually  a couple touches & they were  threatening our goal, the Peterhead midfield need four or five passes across the park or back & are then faced with the other team set up defensively & we give the ball away .this  has been a regular thing this season & we now will be looking over our shoulder again

The midfield possession and control was good. But the front guys were pretty static.

Rory is a passenger at this point in time. Our problem is, his direct replacement is nearly 40!

Have to say Smith looked decent when he came on.

It was Jack Leitch worst performance in a long time, but he kept at it.

59 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

The midfield possession and control was good. But the front guys were pretty static.

Rory is a passenger at this point in time. Our problem is, his direct replacement is nearly 40!

Have to say Smith looked decent when he came on.

It was Jack Leitch worst performance in a long time, but he kept at it.

Its well and good keeping the ball but the problem has been that its held up too long so the forwards have to hold any runs too long or be offside. Certainly don't see Rory as a passenger think he has been working harder than ever but nobody to latch on to his headers or flicks & he ends up out wide when he should be around the box. Aiden Smith gets stick from some but have always said if he can get  that first goal & relax,s then he will be a good option & could be a good partner for Rory  like Andy Rodgers was in his day. As for Jack Leitch that's a couple games that have passed him by, he has talent but needs to stay on his feet make sure of a pass & do his share of closing down as well maybe need to give him & Gary Fraser a half each so they give their all.

Looks like we rode our luck a bit based on the highlights, that save from Brett right on half time was excellent. Still, 6/6 on those two away treks is fantastic especially when we know the team can play much better.

Agreed- did think at the time that we rode our luck a bit at times but they did that with us at the beginning of the season.

The effort from the team though was first class- bearing in mind 2nd long trip in a week!. We are defending well and Long is an outstanding keeper who brings out big saves that ensures either a win or a draw..In terms of defending quite rightly our defence should take a lot of credit but since Wallace back we start our defence effectively at the top end of the field. The effort that he and particularly Tonks put in chasing down their defenders is terrific.

Lets hope for same effort next week and a result- it will be a close game.....