Premiership Best/Worst Posters 2019

Guest Moomintroll

Just now, tree house tam said:

I'm happy in my skin pal, loving life and not thinking about running to the other side of the planet to hide from my past/demons.

Yet.

That's more to do with the Court seizing your passport, mate.....

Aberdeen.

Best: A decent group of posters who for some bizarre reason, go to pieces when there's a Hibs v Aberdeen match thread on the go. Honourable mentions to @williemillersmoustache and @Dons_1988, but my vote goes to @Melanius Mullarkey for another winning year of green trousers/concrete/Liz McColgan content. Keep up the good work.

Worst: Despite a late move from @Bob Mahelp, the runaway winner is @afc_blockhead. Dreadful stuff this year and I think you should use the festive period to re evaluate both your life and posting choices.

Celtic.

Best: A lack of quality in this group. @gannonball seems the least worst.

Worst: @Flybhoy Magee obviously the hot favourite here, but it's by no means been his worst year. @wastecoatwillyhas had a shocker IMO and gets the nomination.

Hamilton.

Best: A solid posting group who will cause carnage in the Championship forum next year. Minor honours to @accies1874 and @Bert Raccoon, but my vote goes to @Im_Rodger. He manages to annoy plenty folk, so must be doing something right.

Worst: @Scotty Tunbridge was an absolute shoe in for this due to his weird and irrational hatred for Hibernian Football Club club and the terrible crayon eater patter. However, he has redeemed himself by stepping forward here. By default, worst poster goes to @Im_Rodger for being a Tory.

Hearts.

Best: I quite like the Hearts bois tbh. Obviously @Tynierose deserves a mention, but I can't vote for a mod. @JamieThomas is a good lad and deserves the nomination.

Worst: They are quite good at policing their own with very little tolerance for jammy wearing Kickbackers. @Pet Jeden gets the nod for his bizarre wee episode with the Spanish Hearts fan.

Hibs.

Best: Tough, because I love all my accounts equally. @HibsFan and @Austinho have had good years. There is the excellent @Alan Stubbs too. Vote goes to @MixuFixit though.

Worst: Don't believe this is actually a thing tbh. Not since the dreadful @RadgerTheBadger and Glen Minter @Glen Sannox were emptied anyway. Vote goes to @Henderson to deliver ..... who posts some shite occasionally.

Kilmarnock.

Best: @craigkillie is decent.

Worst: @Dindeleux #TB4 patter was terrible. I was also #TeamLincoln in the dotting war.

Livingston: I'm abstaining here. If I did vote, it would mean I was recognising them as a proper football club from a proper town as opposed to a silly franchise from roundabout city.

Motherwell:

Best: Good guys mostly. @YassinMoutaouakil gets the nomination.

Worst: The tiresome staunch-stroking of @MJC obviously. You're doing it wrong if you've not voted for him here.

Rangers.

Best: This is like asking what type of horrifically painful terminal cancer you prefer. @KnightswoodBear wins almost by default.

Worst: @bennett is bad, @The_Kincardine is worse.

Ross County.

Best: Haven't made much of an impression on me this group. @Savage Henry I guess.

Worst: n/a

St. Johnstone

Best: @tree house tam and @Radford deserve a mention. Giving the nod to @Honest Saints Fan though.

Worst: @RandomGuy needs this, so lending a hand.

St. Mirren.

Best: Don't mind these lads. @Coventry Saint stands out.

Worst: @Div almost gets my vote due to the site going down after every Saints defeat. It's got to be @wisbit / @Munoz though.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aberdeen.

Best: A decent group of posters who for some bizarre reason, go to pieces when there's a Hibs v Aberdeen match thread on the go. Honourable mentions to @williemillersmoustache and @Dons_1988, but my vote goes to @Melanius Mullarkey for another winning year of green trousers/concrete/Liz McColgan content. Keep up the good work.

Worst: Despite a late move from @Bob Mahelp, the runaway winner is @afc_blockhead. Dreadful stuff this year and I think you should use the festive period to re evaluate both your life and posting choices.

Celtic.

Best: A lack of quality in this group. @gannonball seems the least worst.

Worst: @Flybhoy Magee obviously the hot favourite here, but it's by no means been his worst year. @wastecoatwillyhas had a shocker IMO and gets the nomination.

Hamilton.

Best: A solid posting group who will cause carnage in the Championship forum next year. Minor honours to @accies1874 and @Bert Raccoon, but my vote goes to @Im_Rodger. He manages to annoy plenty folk, so must be doing something right.

Worst: @Scotty Tunbridge was an absolute shoe in for this due to his weird and irrational hatred for Hibernian Football Club club and the terrible crayon eater patter. However, he has redeemed himself by stepping forward here. By default, worst poster goes to @Im_Rodger for being a Tory.

Hearts.

Best: I quite like the Hearts bois tbh. Obviously @Tynierose deserves a mention, but I can't vote for a mod. @JamieThomas is a good lad and deserves the nomination.

Worst: They are quite good at policing their own with very little tolerance for jammy wearing Kickbackers. @Pet Jeden gets the nod for his bizarre wee episode with the Spanish Hearts fan.

Hibs.

Best: Tough, because I love all my accounts equally. @HibsFan and @Austinho have had good years. There is the excellent @Alan Stubbs too. Vote goes to @MixuFixit though.

Worst: Don't believe this is actually a thing tbh. Not since the dreadful @RadgerTheBadger and Glen Minter @Glen Sannox were emptied anyway. Vote goes to @Henderson to deliver ..... who posts some shite occasionally.

Kilmarnock.

Best: @craigkillie is decent.

Worst: @Dindeleux #TB4 patter was terrible. I was also #TeamLincoln in the dotting war.

Livingston: I'm abstaining here. If I did vote, it would mean I was recognising them as a proper football club from a proper town as opposed to a silly franchise from roundabout city.

Motherwell:

Best: Good guys mostly. @YassinMoutaouakil gets the nomination.

Worst: The tiresome staunch-stroking of @MJC obviously. You're doing it wrong if you've not voted for him here.

Rangers.

Best: This is like asking what type of horrifically painful terminal cancer you prefer. @KnightswoodBear wins almost by default.

Worst: @bennett is bad, @The_Kincardine is worse.

Ross County.

Best: Haven't made much of an impression on me this group. @Savage Henry I guess.

Worst: n/a

St. Johnstone

Best: @tree house tam and @Radford deserve a mention. Giving the nod to @Honest Saints Fan though.

Worst: @RandomGuy needs this, so lending a hand.

St. Mirren.

Best: Don't mind these lads. @Coventry Saint stands out.

Worst: @Div almost gets my vote due to the site going down after every Saints defeat. It's got to be @wisbit / @Munoz though.

Cheers, Hendo. Touching to learn it's your concern for the "Spanish" Jambo wot dunnit - and not me pulling you up for your misogynistic laddish bants.

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aberdeen  

Best -  Vast majority of Dons posters are very sound. I'll go for @RussellAnderson despite being a total weegie. Special mentions to @Melanius Mullarkey, @Merkland Redand @kingjoey. Joey also hasn't been consumed by the relentless negativity of most of the Dons support and seems to have Romeo absolutely rattled for a matter of months now.

Worst - Probably that AFC_Blockhead weirdo.

Celtic

Best - I've always thought @gannonball seemed like an actual functioning human who had the misfortune of indoctrination at a young age, as opposed to being a full on tim like the rest on here. However, my vote goes to @wastecoatwilly . He's brilliant.

Worst - @Romeo. Horrendous, repetitive trolling and I'm led to believe he's an actual adult. Very odd guy.

Hamilton

Best - Probably @Bert Raccoon

Worst - Nah, can't think of any

Hearts

Best - @topcat(The most tip top) always seems a good laugh and not a Hearts mutant

Worst - A few very angry individuals but @Elixir, who is a decent troll, is just a shitebag as he fucks off as soon as Hearts are shite again (last seen when Steven Naismith limped out of the 2018 League cup semi final).

Hibs

Best - @MixuFixit is a good guy, who also clearly has the sense to not get too bogged down in Hibs ridiclous match threads

Worst - Christ far too many of them. I don't actually dislike them but they are very irritating. I'll go @Bohemian at random.

Kilmarnock

Best - @Moomintroll seems a genuinely decent guy

Worst - I think it's @Estragon that's the very angry Killie fan. Heard from a good source that he's a fud.

Livi

Not sure I can make an informed vote either way here. Sorry lads.

Motherwell

Best - @capt_oats is a great poster, enjoy reading if I peruse the Motherwell thread. Generally all good guys too.

Worst - None. Not giving MJC the satisfaction.

Rangers

Best - @The_Kincardine voted me as worst poster in some fictional category but still managed to make me laugh in the process. Plus, I know he doesn't really mean it anyway.

Worst - @TavTastic just seems like an annoying wee fanboy.

Ross County

See Livi

St Johnstone

Best - @tree house tam or Tree house c**t as he's affectionately known.

Worst - @ali_91. Never have I come across such an irate wee diddy of a poster. Did not make me laugh when voting me worst poster. Likes to point out that he's not racist so much that I'm convinced he was placing 'it's ok to be white' posters across Perth the other day.

St Mirren

See Livi & Ross County.

yaaaas pure buzzin by the way big man

Weegie, honestly. get a grip min ;) 

I'll do mine at the weekend when I've had a few lager beers.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Cheers, Hendo. Touching to learn it's your concern for the "Spanish" Jambo wot dunnit - and not me pulling you up for your misogynistic laddish bants.

That rather bizarre contribution from yourself was last year IIRC. Accusing me of hitting women, comparing a number of posters on the thread to serial rapist John Worboys and when I asked you to explain yourself, you told me to phone Leanne Dempster and ask her instead.

A very weird episode indeed, but all is forgiven and forgotten. It's all about this year now. I notice that you have "Spanish" in inverted commas, are you still doubting the authenticity of your Castilian comrade ?

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That rather bizarre contribution from yourself was last year IIRC. Accusing me of hitting women, comparing a number of posters on the thread to serial rapist John Worboys and when I asked you to explain yourself, you told me to phone Leanne Dempster and ask her instead.

A very weird episode indeed, but all is forgiven and forgotten. It's all about this year now. I notice that you have "Spanish" in inverted commas, are you still doubting the authenticity of your Castilian comrade ?

Well, from his command and control centre, Tynie says his IP address is indeed Spanish. So I have to concede that he is at least somebody based in Spain. But with an in depth knowledge  of Scottish Championship and First Division players? 

48 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Well, from his command and control centre, Tynie says his IP address is indeed Spanish. So I have to concede that he is at least somebody based in Spain. But with an in depth knowledge  of Scottish Championship and First Division players? 

There are 46 million people in Spain. One or two of them are going to have some esoteric hobbies, yes?

It's not like you won't see at least one or two folks sporting the badges of Barcelona or Bayern Munich wandering the streets of Edinburgh on an average day - and if you hang around for a week or more, you'll spot someone with a St Pauli T-shirt or Portland Timbers hat. I suspect that one or two of them might even know something about the team if you talk to them, though I'm at a loss to come up with a reason why anyone would bother. It might take a few months to spot someone wearing Nagoya Grampus or Orlando Pirates merchandise in the wild, but I'm sure there's one or two out there. Minor foreign team hipsterdom is a common enough phenomenon that Half Man Half Biscuit has put out the odd song about armchair Honved fans and Dukla Prague away kits, and half of Jonathan Wilson's literary career is pandering to it, and Union Berlin ultras are so sick of the species, they've started intimidating the football tourists showing up on match day. And of course, the Football Manager computer game is another route towards incongruous team fandom. Why is it so unbelievable that it might happen to Heart of Midlothian? Cool badge, unusual team colours, crackin' anthem. And Ronnie Corbett. From some angles, you guys look rather cute and quirky...

Sure, it's a low percentage of foreign folks who will take an interest in Heart of Midlothian football club, but it's inevitable that there will be a few, and of those, there's a pretty good chance that one or two will make their way to P&B or some other online Scottish fitba hangout.

And here's video evidence that @McGarci is far from the only foreign Hearts-supporting oddity out there, this bloke being accosted by right-wing nutters for some Alex Jones show or similar.

Edited by Aim Here

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

There are 46 million people in Spain. One or two of them are going to have some esoteric hobbies, yes?

It's not like you won't see at least one or two folks sporting the badges of Barcelona or Bayern Munich wandering the streets of Edinburgh - and if you hang around for a week or more, you'll spot someone with a St Pauli T-shirt or Portland Timbers hat. I suspect that one or two of them might even know something about the team if you talk to them, though I'm at a loss for to come up with a reason why anyone would bother. It might take a few months to spot someone wearing Nagoya Grampus or Orlando Pirates merchandise in the wild, but I'm sure there's one or two out there. Minor foreign team hipsterdom is a common enough phenomenon that Half Man Half Biscuit has put out the odd song about armchair Honved fans and Dukla Prague away kits, and half of Jonathan Wilson's literary career is pandering to it, and Union Berlin ultras are so sick of the species, they've started intimidating the football tourists showing up on match day. And of course, the Football Manager computer game is another route towards incongruous team fandom. Why is it so unbelievable that it might happen to Heart of Midlothian? Cool badge, unusual team colours, crackin' anthem. And Ronnie Corbett. From some angles, you guys look rather cute and quirky...

Sure, it's a low percentage of foreign folks who will take an interest in Heart of Midlothian football club, but it's inevitable that there will be a few, and of those, there's a pretty good chance that one or two will make their way to P&B or some other online Scottish fitba hangout.

And here's video evidence that @McGarci is be far from the only foreign Hearts-supporting oddity out there, this bloke being accosted by right-wing nutters for some Alex Jones show or similar.

You've now tried (too hard), twice, to convince me. 

Yes, I get that it takes every kind of people,etc.  Obscure foreign teams - sure, why not? The mighty Jambos - well, obviously. But your examples are all on a completely different level from Dumbarton and Arbroath.

Aberdeen:-

Best: Melanius Mullarkey- by default, he's the only one I can think of, pops up in numerous threads leaving a wee quip, then disappears again.

Worst: I'll give this to Melanius Mullarkey for the hell of it. 

Celtic:-

Best: Are there any? gannonball prob.

Worst: Romeo- bhoy comes over as a bit desperate so he'll prob appreciate the attention of any nomination he gets, you're welcome.

Hamilton:-

Best: accies1874- comes over as a very nice chap. 

Worst: Diddy Alliance brothers are all good c***s

Hearts:-

Best: topcat

Worst: Can't think of any so will give it to the Hibee that started a Hearts v Livi match thread. Honorary worst Hearts poster award to Aim Here.

Hibernian:-

Best: Can't think of any.

Worst: HibsFan-See Celtic's worst for reason.

Kilmarnock:-

Best: craigkillie- although they all seem decent enough, Fide and Andy_K_97 came close runners up.

Worst: Dindeleux-deserves some sort of an award the amount of effort he makes trying to annoy folk, congrats fella.

Livingston:-

Best: andylivi1- top bloke with his podcast and dedication to Livingston fc. Atlis & LiviLion were runners up, but tbh I like all the Livi posters on here. 

Worst: Used to be a guy that popped up whenever Byrne's name got mentioned that was mildly irritating, also came out with rumours of Pittman leaving us for Falkirk every season, seems to have disappeared since Byrne left for Dundee though.

Motherwell:-

Best: Swello

Worst: MJC- sucks the air out of Motherwell match threads with his negativity, esp when they're having a good season. 

(The) Rangers:-

Best: MJC- Champions their cause so much he deserves the award.

Worst: Bennett- Nothing else needs said really.

Ross County:-

Best: bunglebonce- only one I can think of. We've sort of missed being in the same div for years and haven't had much interaction to become familiar with one another's fans.

Worst: None that I can think of, they all seem classy football fans, took their 4-1 defeat to us very well with no dummy spitting.

St Johnstone:-

Best: tree house tam- all decent tbh, tam just sticks out more.

Worst: RandomGuy-wasn't going to vote anyone for worst as they all seem decent, but I think RG wants this award so happy to oblige him.

St Mirren:-

Best: Coventry Saint- Seems ok enough for a St Mirren fan. 

Worst: Munoz- weirdo and a bit of a deranged zoomer.

47 minutes ago, Romeo said:

@Scotty Tunbridge When is the closing date and will the results be released over an 18 month period?

^^^Doing his best to win any award, read the fucking thread you smelly welt.

On 18/12/2019 at 12:58, Scotty Tunbridge said:

To celebrate Hamilton’s last season in the premiership and since next year I’ll be joining the diddy league awards, I’d be happy to write a list up.

Votes to be in for 31/12/2019 with the first result posted on New Years Day with a hangover induced meltdown hopefully to follow.

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Kilmarnock:-

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Best:

Worst:

Please feel free to post your nominations in the thread for extra #scenes. Also voting for ‘no one/nobody etc.’ Is perfectly acceptable given we have the old firm in these awards.

Aberdeen:

Entertaining bunch of lads considering they come from the dullest region in Europe

Top sheep: Melanius Mullarkey

Worst sheep:  Bob Malop. Absolute virgin who probably still lives in his parents box room with the walls plastered  in Aberdeen posters from the 80's.  Posts like an old firm fan.

Celtic:

Very respectful when it comes to Hibs, they know they would probably be buns if it wasn't for us.

Top Bhoy: Romeo

Worst Bhoy: Romeo

hope you win both categories lad..

Hamilton:

Best: accies1874 

Worst: Scotty Tunbridge, seems like a bellend

Hertz:

Going to miss these guys next season when they are in the Championship. As city rivals go I dont mind this lot even though I should.  Tynie, top cat, Tony wonder, sjc all good lads JamieThomas is good for a laugh 

Best yam:  JamieThomas

Worst yam: Lincoln hearts. Type of guy I'd say hangs about the Gorgie in fake stone island gear trying to impress the big boys. Bellend

Hibernian:

This Forum would be awful without Hibs. Top bois.

Best Hibee : if a deciding vote is needed come back to  me

Worst:  N/A

Kilmarnock:

Decent bunch, Fide, Killie_lad, moomintroll to name a few

Best: craigkillie puts a lot of effort in by the looks of it

Worst:  none stand out.. KTID26 stood out in our match thread so he can have it.

Livingston:

Bit meh..

Best: Liviforever

Worst: none stand out

Motherwell:

Best: Swello, captain oats... ? 

Worst: MJC 

Sevco:

Ugggghhhhh.

Best: MJC, what a guy..

Worst: Bennett no explanation needed. Whatever happened to you in life that made you this way I hope you get over it someday. Sincerely.

Ross County:

Not had enough interaction to judge

St Johnstone:

Got to admire anyone who turns up on a tractor and pay money to watch this lot every week. Good guys in general.

Best: tree house tam

St Mirren:

Best: Coventry Saint

Worst: Munoz

Edited by Bohemian

Best: Mullarkey, with honourable mentions to DrewDon and RussellAnderson.

Worst: Probably afc_blockhead, seems to have a headsgone everytime his team play hibs. 

Best: Gannonball

Worst: Willy for not understanding how his team have a massive financial advantage over the rest of the league, saying that celtic win everything because they "want it more". 

Best: accies1874

Worst: Im_Rodger

Best: paranoid android

Worst: Lincoln

Best: Bohemian

Worst: HibsFan

Kilmarnock:- (sound lads)

Best: Fide

Worst: N/A., best bunch on the forum. 

Best: LIVIFOREVER

Worst: Don't think these lads have a worst, N/A.

Best: Yassin by a country mile. 

Worst: MJC for his weird pessimistic patter 

Best: Knightswood Bear

Worst: bennett, although you could probably put any of them in the worst category.

Best: Comrie

Worst: They all seem pretty sound so N/A

Best: tree house tam

Worst: RandomGuy

Best: dj chapsticks

Worst: Demented Zebra

15 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

You've now tried (too hard), twice, to convince me. 

Yes, I get that it takes every kind of people,etc.  Obscure foreign teams - sure, why not? The mighty Jambos - well, obviously. But your examples are all on a completely different level from Dumbarton and Arbroath.

https://www.gallowaygazette.co.uk/sport/football/glamour-friendly-highlights-close-association-between-clubs-1-4494678