36 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I got electrocuted by a bit of cheese about 8 fuckin times.

When I finally got to the front there was a hold up because there was an old dear chatting with the ticket collecter about what her Grandson is getting up to at Christmas. You can take the auld dear out the Post Office, but...

James Scott got the keeper booked today, ref told Gillespie to get on with it while the ball was in the stand, when he went to take the goal kick Scott switched wings and the keeper moved to ball to match, got booked.

i thought Collum handled time wasting well, you don’t usually see refs caring about it.  Not sure that cancelling a corner because we had already had three is actually in the rules of the game though. 

53 minutes ago, ropy said:

James Scott got the keeper booked today, ref told Gillespie to get on with it while the ball was in the stand, when he went to take the goal kick Scott switched wings and the keeper moved to ball to match, got booked.

i thought Collum handled time wasting well, you don’t usually see refs caring about it.  Not sure that cancelling a corner because we had already had three is actually in the rules of the game though. 

The goal kick decision at the end was correct I think - pretty sure the ball came off Scott's leg and bounced out.

The goalie is fucking awful there for that goal. Sidestep or not.

I am always dubious of the guy who has hung about at a club for years and for some reason gets more contracts. Usually happens often in Italy. 

The goal kick decision at the end was correct I think - pretty sure the ball came off Scott's leg and bounced out.
Yeah, I was surprised when the assistant flagged for a corner. As strange as it was for Collum to over-rule him, I think he got it right.

I have to assume the fourth official gave some sort of signal to Collum when O'Donnell with Hylton scampering free. Looked an odd decision, particularly with the assistant referee not flagging for anything.

Much as Killie can feel aggrieved for not taking something with the chances they had, we should really have put the game to bed. Long had no need to tap Hylton's shot in and I'm not even convinced he was offside- would need to see again. Long should really have rolled the ball to Scott for an easy finish at the late breakaway as well.

Yeah it looks like the linesman got it correct flagging Long offside. No complaints there.

A point each would maybe have been a fair outcome but the last month or so we’ve shown we can win ugly when not playing particularly well which I don’t think you could have said last season.

Of course, it always helps when the keeper decides not to bother saving a shot which ends up about a foot away from his right shoulder. Come to think of it, did he not let in a bit of a howler from a crap Donnelly free kick in the game at Fir Park too?

It is also helping us that other sides are missing some guilt edge chances.  That Brophy miss is not dissimilar to ones that St Mirren and Hearts missed. That is the difference as you know that if Edouard, Morelos and Cosgrove had that chance they would have buried it. 

A huge result in terms of top 6 and even top 4 hopes. We just need to keep going and try and take 4 to 6 points from next two games ahead of the winter break. Hoping Hearts can stop being useless and find some form for their games v Hibs and Aberdeen. 

Gillespie is as much as any player to get the plaudits for this seasons form. He makes at least 2 to 3 saves a match that help us garner a positive result. Also have huge hopes for James Scott. I think he is such a skilful player. Not quite Turnbull but I would not be surprised if a few clubs are sniffing about in the next 12 months. 

Was sitting in the Killie end, opposite end of the pitch from the away fans.
Said to my Killie supporting mate that the GKs set up for the FK was questionable before it was struck. We both thought it looked a fairly routine save for the GK.
Thought we shaded the opening 70mins, with us improving once Polworth came on for Donnelly. Never created a huge amount, but we closed down well and we’re good in possession.
Killie had the better of the last 20mins and should really have scored one of the chances they created. Brophy will kick himself for missing what was pretty much a sitter and Gillespie made a few decent saves towards the end as well.
Brilliant 3 points!

I find it incredible that the goalkeeper position in the team has went from one of the strongest areas last season to one of the weakest this season. I'd be punting Branescu back to Juve in January then trying to get Bachmann back on loan (considering he doesn't seem any further forward in Watford's pecking order than he was before) or trying to get Craig Gordon on loan from Celtic, both would be definite upgrades on both keepers we have at the moment. If Koprivec isn't even getting a chance now despite Branescu turning into the Romanian Craig Samson then we really have no hope if things stay as they are. 

15 hours ago, ropy said:

Aye and it nearly led to the equaliser.  Even when the game passes without incident he tries to be in the headlines.  

38 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

The Romanian Craig Samson is not a tag you want.

I always remember someone in the Cooper shouting “Dubourdeau is that French for Stevie fucking Woods” after another howler.

Used to think he was alright during that run of games that we had 5 or 6 clean sheets in a row but lately he's been letting in at least a goal a game all down to his own errors. He almost cost us another goal yesterday which was the one that would've stood had Long (I think it was him) not got a foot to it to make sure it was in when it was already going in anyway. 

On 21/12/2019 at 21:15, Casagolda said:

Thought O’Hara was very Andy Rose like in his performance. Covered a lot of ground, won headers etc without doing anything spectacular.

Felt we looked much more threatening 2nd half with Polworth on the pitch. Understandable why he was rested but we just don’t have anybody else with his vision and passing ability- apart from Turnbull obviously.

Gillespie and Gallagher the stand outs for me again in what was a fairly decent team performance. Seedorf’s cameo was hard to watch though, absolutely miles off it. 

The sort of game that Killie have come to Fir Park and won on several occasions in recent years under Clarke, so it was nice to be on the other side of it today.

I can't disagree with that at all. I remember the game on the 16th December 2017 when we went 1-0 up and for the final half hour I was convinced that we were going to concede. Yesterday we didn't get any luck when the ball broke or when we were going after 2nd balls, but sometimes that's just your luck. After all, we did have a couple of chances that really should have gone in and they didn't, that's just football sometimes. 

8 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

The Romanian Craig Samson is not a tag you want.

I always remember someone in the Cooper shouting “Dubourdeau is that French for Stevie fucking Woods” after another howler.

Ah, Francois... good night sweet prince, you were bad at goalkeeping.