16 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Your so funny.  It only took you an hour to find that picture ya daftie.

*You’re. I’m not looking at Pie and Bovril every second of every day, somewhat unfortunately. Anyway, which one are you? And in which room in your house is the framed version of this photo hanging up in?

Edited by Brian Carrigan

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I did not see the stuff at the end as I was heading out feeling quite frustrated at our overall performance today. Before that Clyde deserve the praise because they took the chance at the free kick and then dominated the next 20 minutes. Goodwillie might annoy people on the internet for other reasons but he led that line so cleverly and his first goal should have knocked the stuffing out of us. We somehow got back into the game through a long ball fixation and corners. Carrick's goal was excellent and how Gallagher missed out on the equaliser will have to wait on the highlights. Gallagher was well marked by the whole Clyde defence and got no help from the ineffective Roy. I had wondered why we had gone for a formation with 4 attackers when it was clear that our 2 midfielders were likely to have no control there. It proves that McKay is not the man when there are not three midfielders.  It reminded me of the similar situation at Raith where we could not get the final pass right when we did break through. Mitchell made a great save and Gallagher should have shown more composure. You just thought we would never score and Clyde would catch us but Goodwillie's second was again first class.  It was disappointing for us but for some bizarre reason we are still joint top! As for the time wasting this is par for the course in modern football and we would do the same if we were 2 up in 30 minutes. On to a tough home game and we need some freshening up.

Frustrating day although we did have chances they always looked as though they could score on the break didn't get the starting line up the number of times were had time on the ball in the  first 35 mins and we ended up passing back or going long as they controlled midfield. Baffled how Roy was not subbed ...

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

*You’re. I’m not looking at Pie and Bovril every second of every day, somewhat unfortunately. Anyway, which one are you? And in which room in your house is the framed version of this photo hanging up in?

Still not funny.  

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Frustrating day although we did have chances they always looked as though they could score on the break didn't get the starting line up the number of times were had time on the ball in the  first 35 mins and we ended up passing back or going long as they controlled midfield. Baffled how Roy was not subbed ...

Could not agree more.

9 minutes ago, sydney said:

Hilarious to hear the seethe from the visiting fans every time we got a goal kick or throw in. Sure, we were time wasting but Airdrie players would have done precisely the same. Surprised the ref didn’t do anything to be honest.

Dont think I've ever witnessed any team time waste from the 7th minute...that was something special from Clyde today! The ref took until the 90th minute to finally tell one of your players to hurry up...sums up his inept performance!!

1 minute ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Dont think I've ever witnessed any team time waste from the 7th minute...that was something special from Clyde today! The ref took until the 90th minute to finally tell one of your players to hurry up...sums up his inept performance!!

Time wasting from the second goal but so what? Nowhere near as bad as other side's whom have done so at broadwood this season. You lot would do the same. We have been doing absolutely atrocious in the last month so no doubt our players wanted to hold.onto the win.

Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone watches a game with McKendrick in charge and doesn't realise it'll end up with a series of laughable decisions. The only thing I'll say for him is he doesn't care a bit for what a crowd or footballer thinks and quite happily plods on giving incorrect decisions both ways. Literally the same any time he takes charge of a match. The assistant referee really should have picked up on the couple of times the Airdrie throw-in machine took his shies whilst on the pitch though (and I mean an entire foot over the line).

Secondly, it's interesting to see an Airdrie fan say they're at their best counter attacking. I think we knew that as well. Barely pushed Cuddihy forward, never pushed McNiff forward. Didn't allow ourselves to be overloaded on the counter more than a couple of times. Did our homework well.

I think we deserved to win and we had the best player on the pitch by a mile in Goodwillie, but Airdrie (and others) have exposed our lack of pace. We're not slow, we just aren't particularly quick. We relied on Petkov's pace to bale us out too many times, and were exposed in the middle of the park. If we're going to improve, that's the sort of player we need to find. You can see the difference having a proper left-back can make, for the second week in a row today.

I thought Goodwillie was our man of the match; when he's playing like that he's a man up because he takes care of two centre halves. Superb first goal and what looked like a deflection for the second. I hope the boy who was shouting abuse at Petkov for 90 minutes at Montrose was at the game today.  Aggressive, quick, focused. The only time he made an error, Rumsby made an outstanding last ditch tackle.

Wallace played as well as he has done and deserves a start next week. Lamont had a better second half, as did Cuddihy. Grant was bang average. I think when you see a game like that, you appreciate that McStay picks up more than his fair share of second balls. McNiff punted the ball every time he had it and somehow never managed to put it the same side of the pitch as Goodwillie. The same as the Falkirk game at Broadwood, bringing Smith on helped us carry a real threat on the counter and we really should have scored the third earlier than we did.

The meltdown at the end was comedy. In fairness, Fordyce had started it early on in the second half. No need for Fahey to get involved but you'd imagine Hutton will be in a bit of trouble if the governing bodies watch the highlights. His save from Love was absolutely terrific.