MItchell & McCallum are definitely the top two in that division. 

Clyde are strong in the GK department. McGhee is a promising young goalie too. 
Also in ur U21s you have two very good talented ex Motherwell Academy lads in Harry Purves who I seen playing for Wishaw Juniors this season (very good) also young Jamie Brown who’s very talented. 

34 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

IMG_3691.jpg

Fair play to the near side linesman for thinking this is onside emoji23.png. I can laugh now as it didn’t costs us but it very nearly did.

To be fair, that pic is just after the Airdrie player took the shot. However, neither the attacker or McNiff could move that quickly in the time it took for the ball to travel 2or 3 yards. At the time I thought it was as clear an offside as you’d see and this probably confirms it. If I’m being honest, I thought the ref might have given a penalty right before that, so maybe can’t complain. 

IMG_3691.thumb.jpg.b43d9c11a127718862e02a24df4d8e4e.jpg

Fair play to the near side linesman for thinking this is onside [emoji23]. I can laugh now as it didn’t costs us but it very nearly did.

There was a clear hand ball prior to the ball coming to Gallagher (who I agree was clearly offside). If you want to reassess the incident, penalty Airdrie was the correct outcome!

There was a clear hand ball prior to the ball coming to Gallagher (who I agree was clearly offside). If you want to reassess the incident, penalty Airdrie was the correct outcome!

Would the offside offence not precede any handball as the offside is the from the ball was first played by the Airdrie player?

11 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Would the offside offence not precede any handball as the offside is the from the ball was first played by the Airdrie player?

Doubtful. It was a shot at goal pushed away (saved, essentially) from being on target to off target by the hand of a defender before bounding through to the offside attacker. Ipso facto, penalty to the attacking side. 

I think. Say for example that the ball not been impeded by the defenders hand and happened to go in, I highly doubt the goal would have been ruled out because Gal was standing offside. 

To be fair it was the only period of the match we deserved anything from so not really worth bothering about. We had clyde at our mercy for 10-15 mins, only got one, didn't make it count and so deserved f**k all. 

Would have been hilarious had Gal equalised whilst miles offside, though. And he should have. Final effort was uncharacteristically poor. 

Edited by AndyDD

4 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I agree with Andy DD- the player is nowadays only offside if he becomes "active", which is why we all go spare when the lino then flags. It was at the Clyde end so your view was far better than mine , and probably the lino!

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

16 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree with Andy DD- the player is nowadays only offside if he becomes "active", which is why we all go spare when the lino then flags. It was at the Clyde end so your view was far better than mine , and probably the lino!

Would probably agree with that, Airdrie pen. Suppose these things even themselves out as it looked like CJ was fouled just before Airdries goal.

All relative though I suppose...