2 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

I don't get it with the Airdrie fans saying that all of the decisions went out way.  How about Hutton's foul on Darren Smith near the end?  

I did see Hutton getting huckled out.  What exactly happened?

He and the goalkeeper coach Chris Fahey had a wee word with each other (at first it looked like a goalie's union meeting) but clearly one of them said something to the other. Hutton turned around and gave him a wee dig in his ribs and that's when everyone else started jumping in.

On 20 December 2019 at 18:31, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I'm liking all this negativity from our fans and the optimism of most Airdrie fans, got a good feeling about this game and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Clyde pull of the win. We have shown we can compete in this league , injuries s have played a part in our recent poor form, the players we have have shown us many times that they can bounce back after some poor results and performances. Confidence maybe low atm but every game is a fresh start hopefully tomorrow could be a turning point in the right direction, I believe any team in this division can beat anyone else.

Ahem, called it.

8 hours ago, 2lgm said:

Apprehensive about this one. I can remember many a defeat to Clyde in December to puncture our thoughts of challenging for the title in old Broomfield days. Need to have the right attitude and work rate and everyone on their game. Unfortunately can’t make it today even tho it’s just up the road.

Funny you sayin that, we always used to do a number on you at Shawfield, but usually a dour 1-0. Whereas at Broomfield , the number of times it ended something like 4-3, usually to the home team, but they were miles better games.

Clydebank were a bit like that as well, usually took care of them at home, bit dull, but end to end stuff at Kilbowie

Anyway we probably needed the points more than you today, there's nothing in it in the top 4, so no the worst day for either side

Aside from that, no Luvvies droppin by here tonight ?  Either they only visit on the rare occasion they've not been horsed again, or they're all busy treading the boards in panto...

Fantastic result; first half I have to be honest I though Airdrie would come back, however 2nd half for all the possession and trying to put us Under pressure they actually stopped their attacking from wide areas and resorted to long ball towards our back 4. Dealt with by Rumsby  💕 , Petkov and Mitchell quite easily.  

Goodwillie of course class act today and a huge mention for Wallace who today really turned up. Kept it simple and covered massive amounts of the park. 

Great effort from everyone today, including Smith who really took pressure off us when he came on. 

Fantastic result; first half I have to be honest I though Airdrie would come back, however 2nd half for all the possession and trying to put us Under pressure they actually stopped their attacking from wide areas and resorted to long ball towards our back 4. Dealt with by Rumsby  [emoji177] , Petkov and Mitchell quite easily.  

Goodwillie of course class act today and a huge mention for Wallace who today really turned up. Kept it simple and covered massive amounts of the park. 
Great effort from everyone today, including Smith who really took pressure off us when he came on. 

The Clyde goals are on Twitter. Excellent finishes.

Shame goodwillies a beast

Why can we beat Airdrie/Falkirk twice but not stranraer Away. Answers on a post card or one game is fitba game n the other aint which confirms we need certain players fot certain games...

Because any team can horse any team in this league, infact you can probably pick any given weekend and they'll be a "surprise" result.

Not that I'm saying yesterday was a surprise by any means, in my first post on this thread I mentioned I was anxious about this game, it had a Clyde win written all over it, Airdrie in decent form, optimistic fans talking about getting "goal difference up", Clyde off the back of a doing and a fair bit of pessimism.

It's games like today why I'll always have that doubt in the back of my mind going into ANY game.

Because any team can horse any team in this league, infact you can probably pick any given weekend and they'll be a "surprise" result.Not that I'm saying yesterday was a surprise by any means, in my first post on this thread I mentioned I was anxious about this game, it had a Clyde win written all over it, Airdrie in decent form, optimistic fans talking about getting "goal difference up", Clyde off the back of a doing and a fair bit of pessimism.

It's games like today why I'll always have that doubt in the back of my mind going into ANY game.

Tbh i was simply being critical that our team cant win ugly games

I thought Hutton was a really good goalie for us but since he's left I've noticed fans of nearly every team he's been as since criticising him and he was in no mans land for the first and third goals yesterday. Am I being a little critical too by saying he should probably do better for the second? Despite it being a terrific effort from Goodie

Edited by C. Muir

35 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I thought Hutton was a really good goalie for us but since he's left I've noticed fans of nearly every team he's been as since criticising him and he was in no mans land for the first and third goals yesterday. Am I being a little critical too by saying he should probably do better for the second? Despite it being a terrific effort from Goodie

TBF both DGW were exceptional strikes and taken so early they'd be difficult for any keeper to get to.  Hutton was and still is I think, a pretty good shot stopper and commands his box well. However,  he can be a bit of a walloper!