10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Not comedy, but I’d stand up and walk away from the Male Katie Hopkins if he sat next to me at the football, unlike your gorgeous pals that delighted in jumping in a photo with him/it.

I would not be anywhere near a picture like that. Anyway as it is a footie forum and we are fair minded fans from Airdrie enjoy your win... my happy friend... 

1 minute ago, Ballboy said:

Oh that's gold.  Bet you think your star striker just made a mistake too. 

Someone’s obsessed. Fair enough though. I have a couple of pals that live in Airdrie and your entertainment options are apparently “jag up”, “sexually assault women” and “shout at residents of Coatbridge from your window” so Goodwillie coming to town must be very exciting for you.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Someone’s obsessed. Fair enough though. I have a couple of pals that live in Airdrie and your entertainment options are apparently “jag up”, “sexually assault women” and “shout at residents of Coatbridge from your window” so Goodwillie coming to town must be very exciting for you.

You have pals?.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

More on the game, we've been at our best when counter attacking teams, but that option just wasn't there today, especially after losing 2 early goals, the second of which was a great finish tbf.
The amount of times the ball was just pumped up front and the big centre half absolutely mopped it up sweatless, we will never compete lumping balls to Gallagher, Smith or the enigma Roy.
Unless the ref clamps down on any timewasting then it's absolutely fair game, if we were 2-0 up I'd be lapping that shit up definitely, it's called game management and getting it right into the opposition fans.
No-one to blame but ourselves today, loads of pressure but very little ideas.
Pretty much how I saw it. Hopefully a bad day at the office,so to speak

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Brian it's the season of goodwill to all men ... and woman and all other genders...... so when we play in Airdrie I will happily buy you a pint as we have some dam fine places of entertainment where you get a jolly good pint ... even the stadium bar where the do a jolly good bottle of beer and we can chat about your teams memorable win today..... hope Santa brings you lots of gifts ...

Edited by Eric the half a b

An almost fated afternoon. The only way I could see us winning this beforehand was if we scored a couple of early goals. Had we got over the half hour mark without a goal I'd have fancied Airdrie to take at least a point.

It does us all sorts of favours to be playing against a side who're under a lot of pressure to return fire. Nobody has better counterattacking options than we do. If the park opens up even a little in the final third for Goodwillie, Johnston, Lamont, Love and the likes then there's always a goal or two in the waiting.

Petkov would be my man of the match. His best game in a Clyde shirt I thought. Won everything in the air, won a lot of leg races, put his body on the line when it mattered. The way we defended as a unit was great, if sometimes last ditch. Love's cover on our usually weaker left hand side was invaluable.

The key battle to our winning the game was Goodwillie's battle with Airdrie's centre backs. The heavier, slower one of who was easily held off and conceded a lot of fouls. It was clear from early on in the match that Goodwillie would be able to hold play up and get turned more easily than, for example, against Dumbarton where he hardly had a sniff.

We showed that our dressing room and our spirit is still present today and that bodes well. A wee bit of smart business in January and we can stay competitive.

Thoughts and prayers with Gromit tonight. Stuart Millar is almost certainly booting him up and down the house right now.

2 minutes ago, Old John said:

An almost fated afternoon. The only way I could see us winning this beforehand was if we scored a couple of early goals. Had we got over the half hour mark without a goal I'd have fancied Airdrie to take at least a point.

It does us all sorts of favours to be playing against a side who're under a lot of pressure to return fire. Nobody has better counterattacking options than we do. If the park opens up even a little in the final third for Goodwillie, Johnston, Lamont, Love and the likes then there's always a goal or two in the waiting.

Petkov would be my man of the match. His best game in a Clyde shirt I thought. Won everything in the air, won a lot of leg races, put his body on the line when it mattered. The way we defended as a unit was great, if sometimes last ditch. Love's cover on our usually weaker left hand side was invaluable.

The key battle to our winning the game was Goodwillie's battle with Airdrie's centre backs. The heavier, slower one of who was easily held off and conceded a lot of fouls. It was clear from early on in the match that Goodwillie would be able to hold play up and get turned more easily than, for example, against Dumbarton where he hardly had a sniff.

We showed that our dressing room and our spirit is still present today and that bodes well. A wee bit of smart business in January and we can stay competitive.

Thoughts and prayers with Gromit tonight. Stuart Millar is almost certainly booting him up and down the house right now.

Your summing up of our centre backs today is spot on ..

Away from the ridiculous slagging, today was a very poor performance by Airdrie . Too many players off form. We only started playing after about 25 minutes and might even have been in the lead at halftime. However, we did not get going again in the second half and we did not deserve to win. 
I cannot understand why we changed our winning formation and why we took off our top scorer while behind. Insofar as I can see Roy is a waste of space.

All credit to Clyde who must not have expected to win after such a poor run lately. Whatever Goodwillie’s conduct off the pitch, he is a class striker. 

Edited by waysider
Mistake

5 minutes ago, waysider said:

Away from the ridiculous slagging, today was a very poor performance by Airdrie . Too many players off form. We only started playing after about 25 minutes and might even have been in the lead at halftime. However, we did not get going again in the second half and we did not deserve to win. 
I cannot understand why we changed our winning formation and why we took off our top scorer while behind. Insofar as I can see Roy is a waste of space.

All credit to Clyde who must not have expected to win after such a poor run lately. Whatever Goodwillie’s conduct off the pitch, he is a class striker. 

Agree, it begs the question and sensible responses,  Stuart Millar as Director of Football would not be doing his job correctly if he did not seek the best players at this level,  would and should an offer be made for Goodwillie if he was available and within budget.,  with Clydes impending financial difficulties surfacing..

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree, it begs the question and sensible responses,  Stuart Millar as Director of Football would not be doing his job correctly if he did not seek the best players at this level,  would and should an offer be made for Goodwillie if he was available and within budget.,  with Clydes impending financial difficulties surfacing..

" Clydes  impending financial difficulties surfacing" please elaborate.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Not really at the races today at all, that miss to make it 2-2 in the first half was criminal.
When I walked in and saw ally Roy starting and no Kurtis Roberts I feared the worst, absolutely no one in that midfield with the same engine as Roberts.

I couldn't make it today but like yourself saw the teamsheet and had a feeling it could only go wrong. No idea why we changed our successful formation and shape and played Roy ahead of Roberts. If Roberts wasn't fully fit fair enough but at least play the same shape rather than revert to 442 with no proper wingers and McKay and Millar in the middle. Never going to win a game like that. Frustrating not to take advantage of Raith's slip up but we're still in the mix at least.