44 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

The boy took his goal well but nothing to get excited about. He was mediocre at best on Tuesday night, he'll not appear for the first team.

BroadwoodBoy, If he is mediocre, then what does that say for some of the so called first team players that played that night? 

I watched this game with interest as there was a lot of talented youngsters on show. Aaron for me done very well. He gave the ball away twice all night and one of those times was because the no. 8 got in the way of him. He also looked a goal-threat. If my memory serves me right, hes the player who had the shot for Ally Loves offside goal? after a great bit of footwork on the edge of the box. Looked very comfortable, especially for it only being his first game. In my opinion if Clyde look after him properly they could have a gem on their hands. 

I'm liking all this negativity from our fans and the optimism of most Airdrie fans, got a good feeling about this game and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Clyde pull of the win. We have shown we can compete in this league , injuries s have played a part in our recent poor form, the players we have have shown us many times that they can bounce back after some poor results and performances. Confidence maybe low atm but every game is a fresh start hopefully tomorrow could be a turning point in the right direction, I believe any team in this division can beat anyone else.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

After losing 9 to thistle in the Glasgow cup what makes anyone think the under 21s, who aren’t actually associated with the club, are good enough. 

Away win tomorrow, we’ve been rotten for weeks now. 

Again I was at this game because I know young Sena & Williamson of Partick Thistle. I was told by one of the father that the team was made up of 5 U21s, 4U17s & 4 first team players. Also I’m sure your goal that night was made and scored by 21s players. Young U17s full back was also good that night. Seemed to have got taught a lesson by an experienced PT side. 

Also when speaking to one of the fathers, apparently some U17s & U21s players are training with the first team. Sure if Danny thought they were not up to standard they wouldn’t even get to train. Luke McNiven - U21s player has been given a debut also? They may not be officially joined up in the Club Academy Scotland route. However, it’s clear the club affiliate themselves with them. 

Embrace your youth system lads. Don’t put it down. 

Edited by SCOUT01

5 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I'm liking all this negativity from our fans and the optimism of most Airdrie fans, got a good feeling about this game and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Clyde pull of the win. We have shown we can compete in this league , injuries s have played a part in our recent poor form, the players we have have shown us many times that they can bounce back after some poor results and performances. Confidence maybe low atm but every game is a fresh start hopefully tomorrow could be a turning point in the right direction, I believe any team in this division can beat anyone else.

The thing I'm clinging onto is that we have taken two wins, three draws and a defeat from the other sides in the top four. We are more than capable of pulling a big performance out of somewhere but it'll need a strong start.

Confirmed Airdrie fans will use turnstiles A, B and C of the main stand with A and B being cash only and C being contactless.

Contactless! New decade here we come!

Aye, but we don’t have access to a servery. Hope none of our lot want a pie - we’ve only got a table down our end with a couple of urns for making hot drinks, and crisps and chocolate bars.

Apprehensive about this one. I can remember many a defeat to Clyde in December to puncture our thoughts of challenging for the title in old Broomfield days. Need to have the right attitude and work rate and everyone on their game. Unfortunately can’t make it today even tho it’s just up the road.

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:
3 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:
Don’t think Howie will be available for this unfortunately.

Do you work with him. If not. Why not

I don’t anymore (used to) and my dad does! Still carrying injury from Dumbarton game. Shouldn’t be out for much longer hopefully.

By the way, SeaGal’s miss at the end of that half is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. He’s taken it round the goalie and toe poked it. That was heading wide if it wasn’t blocked first.

We were comfortable at 2-0 then Mitchell made a great double save. Since then we’ve hardly touched the ball. Our ability to get the second ball from a corner is genuinely terrifying. Big, big half ahead for both teams.