I'm very anxious about this game.

As others have said, on form, previous meeting etc this SHOULD be an Airdrie win, but the ultra pessimist in me just cannot accept that. I obviously hope we can win and this squad of players have already shown they can beat Clyde.  As long as we come away knowing they've gave it all then I'll be happy enough.

We showed the same battling qualities as has become the recent norm against Peterhead, and I would expect that ought to be enough to get a win this weekend too, if that level of fight and battle is maintained. 

However, it would be nice to see us getting back to a higher level of performance. We toiled a wee bit. Huffed and puffed without creating many chances, for the second week running. I don't expect Clyde to be quiet as effective defensively as Peterhead, who also battled hard, but they have some talented players regardless of their form and we need to take the game very, very seriously. It is not inconceivable that Raith and/or Falkirk fail to win, so we'll really kick ourselves in that scenario if we slip up. 

What happened to your team as you were going along nicely at one point. Looking forward to game 
Lots of injuries coupled with players losing form. If everyone fit and on their game we have decent XI for this level but the reserve players really aren't up to it.

What happened to your team as you were going along nicely at one point. Looking forward to game 

Injuries to the wrong players at the wrong time, Ross Lyons was flying then got crocked which seemed to be the point where the confidence left the team. Ally love coming back will be a big plus, leads by example

2 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Liking the generosity of some Airdrie Dan's thinking we'll score, cmon let's be realistic yous'll keep a clean sheet all day

Is Aaron McNeil likely to feature after his stunning goal in the Glasgow Cup? 

I've seen this lad a few times playing at amateur level and I think he's got it in him to scare a few defenders particularly at this level. 

47 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I've seen this lad a few times playing at amateur level and I think he's got it in him to scare a few defenders particularly at this level. 

Was a cracking goal. Wouldn't be surprised in a call up for the bench on Saturday, we have called up a few due to our injuries.. 

2 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Was a cracking goal. Wouldn't be surprised in a call up for the bench on Saturday, we have called up a few due to our injuries.. 

Well I wish him all the best. There's a few wee gems out there that fell through the pro youth nets. It would be nice to see a few more of them progressing into the senior game. 

14 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Not being a Clyde fan ( nor a Glaswegian)  what is the current structure of the Glasgow Cup? Used to like the Lanarkshire cup in my much younger days but it had it's time and is unlikely to reappear.  If this lad appears tomorrow I will keep an eye on his impact.  If he scares Crighton and Fordyce I will be upset.

Edited by Chapelhall chap