If we show up it ought to be comfortable. If the teams stick to the form guide it ought to be straightforward and by at least a couple of goals. 

We are going really well and Clyde are in absolutely dreadful form.

But Clyde are a wounded animal, we are bound to hit a road bump at some point and if we show any complacency in our attitude and application we could be in for a bloody nose. 

Another huge game that we really need to win so we keep a buffer to either build on at home to Falkirk on 28th or use as a buffer should that result not go our way, not to mention to keep step with Raith.

I'd take any win, but being 3 goals behind Rovers on Goal Difference, a healthy margin would be a nice wee bonus.  

I say it every week but it's TRUE. This is a big game. They are all big games. I would hope Airdrie can be ruthless and as previously mentioned win by a healthy margin. Would like to see a big away crowd at this one. While I appreciate it's the week before Christmas. 0-4 Airdrie. Goodwillie to get plenty pelters. Obviously. 

It would be good to win and go into the Falkirk home match. Form means very little in this league, maybe except Stranraer. Games against Clyde are always tasty and it was only our second half improvement that won the first game. We are much better now in almost every area and if that momentum keeps going I think we can win 2-0.  Carrick to catch up on Gallagher and Kieran Millar scores at last.

Despite the second half turn around against us at the beginning of the season I didn't think Airdrie looked that great. Fair play to them for their current position though. 

Not seen as much pessimism from our end since the week leading up to the Falkirk home game and we know how that turned out. More of the same would be ideal!

Another word on Airdrie, some size of squad they have after looking on wiki the other day. Is that all first team players!? 

7 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Despite the second half turn around against us at the beginning of the season I didn't think Airdrie looked that great. Fair play to them for their current position though. 

Not seen as much pessimism from our end since the week leading up to the Falkirk home game and we know how that turned out. More of the same would be ideal!

Another word on Airdrie, some size of squad they have after looking on wiki the other day. Is that all first team players!? 

We have a 'senior squad' made up of 30-40 players who are a mixture of part-time and full-time, the majority of full-time players either being youngsters who came through our academy or others who came through academies. The whole senior squad trains together (the full-time players train everyday) and the idea is the youngsters train with the first team/experienced pros and ideally challenge them for first team spots. In practice though there's a very clear, set and defined first team which has picked itself pretty much the whole season and likewise a reserves team with players from both teams rarely featuring for the other. Still some debate over whether it's the best model but we can't complain too much at the moment. 

As others have said, this is exactly the sort of game Airdrie would ordinarily lose. While I'm not wholly confident that won't happen, I think/hope this Airdrie team is made of stronger stuff. 2-1 Airdrie, Callum Smith to break his duck and Goodwillie to score for Clyde. Give him plenty of stick from me though please. 

Really looking forward to this one! Don’t think there will be as many of us as there might have been had it not been the weekend before Christmas, but I’m still expecting a healthy support. I gather we’ll be in the away stand - something to do with segregation and the fact there’s only one servery that can be used in the Main Stand.

Really looking forward to this one! Don’t think there will be as many of us as there might have been had it not been the weekend before Christmas, but I’m still expecting a healthy support. I gather we’ll be in the away stand - something to do with segregation and the fact there’s only one servery that can be used in the Main Stand.
Would have thought you would be in the home stand. Away stand has only been opened for Falkirk this season. Raith fans were in the home stand.

Should be something posted on Clyde website on Friday to confirm.

We've been garbage for the last 2 months and can't see us taking anything from this game.

The idea of Airdrie fans having any expectation of winning by a few goals to eat into goal difference makes me very uneasy. I know they were pumped by Montrose but Montrose are in a fantastic run of form at the moment, and also beat us 3-1 not too long ago.  The margins are very small in this league, a lot depending on who scores the first goal. We haven't played very well in the last couple of games either to be honest.

I would take any win at all, particularly with Falkirk having a very tough away tie to Montrose which I'd be surprised if they won. A win here and we could go into that Falkirk game with a chance to build up a real gap between us if they were to drop points at Montrose.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The idea of Airdrie fans having any expectation of winning by a few goals to eat into goal difference makes me very uneasy. I know they were pumped by Montrose but Montrose are in a fantastic run of form at the moment, and also beat us 3-1 not too long ago.  The margins are very small in this league, a lot depending on who scores the first goal. We haven't played very well in the last couple of games either to be honest.

I would take any win at all, particularly with Falkirk having a very tough away tie to Montrose which I'd be surprised if they won. A win here and we could go into that Falkirk game with a chance to build up a real gap between us if they were to drop points at Montrose.

I agree with this, for sure. 

If I was looking at this as a non-supporter, just coldly and objectively, I'd be looking at the fact that Airdrie are level on points at the top and only second because of a 3 goal margin and looking at the poor run Clyde are on, coupled with the two goal winning margin Airdrie managed in the previous fixture, prior to their good form. On that basis the target should be 1) 3 points and 2) a multi-goal margin to try and make ground on the leaders. 

On a pure fact basis, the aim should be a win at a margin of 3 goals or more.

That being said, I can't look at it as a non-fan, so whilst yes a healthy winning margin would be lovely, I would take a sneaky 1-0 win right now. I'd never say I expect to win by a few goals, (hell i'll very very rarely expect airdrie to win at all) but I suppose that ought to be the aim, with one being more important than the other (a win more important than the margin). 

We have to be confident going into this one and while a lot of fans see this as a potential banana skin, the difference maker will be Murray and how he has the team prepared mentally. We have to go there with a killer instinct and get it killed off early. We are more than capable of beating this team and I know many will disagree but recent form does matter. Good for us, bad for them. I felt that way recently against EF and we were ruthless and came up trumps. Same attitude needed and we’ll be all good. We need that cushion over Falkirk. If we gain another 2 or 3 points over them it will make for a great game after Christmas

Don’t see airdrie fans being in the away stand, as above only Falkirk have had that stand. Can’t imagine airdrie would bring enough to justify opening it. 

I was told it was to do with segregation. Apparently there’s only one kiosk that can be used and they didn’t want the fans mixing in the concourse.

4 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

I was told it was to do with segregation. Apparently there’s only one kiosk that can be used and they didn’t want the fans mixing in the concourse.

That's correct, maybe you guys will get the away stand. How many yous think you'll bring?