Montrose v Falkirk

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

I did enjoy the novelty of having the half time tunes still blaring 5 minutes into the second half in fairness

The birds on the top of the floodlights chirping loudly for the full 90 minutes was another nice novelty. Like a scene from The Birds 

I maybe expect too much but I thought the performance was pretty poor from us yesterday for the most part. In the first half in particular we were pinned back for long spells and I thought the opener came against the run of play.

McManus was really good again and I thought he was the main difference between the team. Brilliant touch, change of pace and then finish for his goal. No other player in the league could do that.

Definitely more spirit about the team which is encouraging. Win next week and I don't think we'll look back.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I maybe expect too much but I thought the performance was pretty poor from us yesterday for the most part. In the first half in particular we were pinned back for long spells and I thought the opener came against the run of play.

McManus was really good again and I thought he was the main difference between the team. Brilliant touch, change of pace and then finish for his goal. No other player in the league could do that.

Definitely more spirit about the team which is encouraging. Win next week and I don't think we'll look back.

Agree with this, the performances with M&M haven't been earth-shattering but last week and yesterday there is definitely more fight about us than we've seen for a good while, and sometimes that's all you need.

Struggling to think of a time where we got a last minute winner under McKinnon.

Thought Montrose gave Falkirk too much respect and just didn't play our normal game. One of our poorer displays and conceding two from set play corners is not acceptable.

Fair play to Falkirk though, I thought they were more professional for the most part and could tell they were a higher division team come down and Mo were the lower division team come up. As long as its 11 v 11 though both sides have a chance but I honestly think Mo could and should have dominated more earlier on in the game before going 2-0 down. Fair play to the Falkirk fans as well  but don't leave it another 30 years or whatever before coming back to LP on league business ( you can come back on 18th April next though if you like).

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Agree with this, the performances with M&M haven't been earth-shattering but last week and yesterday there is definitely more fight about us than we've seen for a good while, and sometimes that's all you need.

Struggling to think of a time where we got a last minute winner under McKinnon.

As I mentioned yesterday, Inverness away thanks to Harrison.

Really poor defending for all 3 Falkirk goals from our point of view.

Should never have been a free kick for first goal. There was absolutely nothing in it.

A couple of really good saves from Mutch and 2 or 3 misses that could have been telling at the end.

Gutted to have lost the game but play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be fine. 

10 hours ago, GT Mo said:

Nice touch the Falkirk fans clapping the Montrose U16's team on their lap of honour for winning the league.

Most likely because we haven't seen youth players in a while.

How do you guys afford to have youth teams by the way , our board says it costs hundreds & hundreds of thousands   .

Anyway ,would you not be better scrapping the youth and signing Durnin, Johnstone  & Doyle from us? 

On 22/12/2019 at 10:36, mo83 said:
On 22/12/2019 at 09:24, Sanity check needed. said:
Cracking 2nd half yesterday, Montrose have impressed me the most this season both at the TFS and yesterday.
First half was an even affair don't think we deserved to be ahead but not complaining.
Second half we can out the traps flying again and played some lovely stuff but only took one chance when it should have been 3 or 4. Fair play to montrose after our good spell they put us under pressure and deserved the 2 goals, penalty was soft but he should never off given the referee the decision to make as he was awarding them all game. Brilliant scenes at the end with the winner.
Feels like we are moving in the right direction now so hopefully we can start to get a bit of momentum behind us.

Just watched the highlights and what the feck is doyle doing, no need to make the challenge as had cover

After watching it again I think it's quite a soft penalty we got tbh.Same with your first goal for the free kick i was right beside the tackle and Matty Alan clearly one the ball...Poor decisions in my eyes it evens its self up over the course of the year I would hope.

Surely that was it evened up during the game then never mind over the course of the year?