Montrose v Falkirk

This should be a potentially decent game.
Not been to Links Park in decades so quite looking forward to this one.
Do you lot still have the same comedy act in goals that played in the game at TFS?
Nope. He'll be on the bench.
This will give an idea of what Montrose are capable of 2nd half of season and seasons target.

As we approach the transfer window, we are in serious big game territory. Raith felt like a big one until it became a salvage operation. This one feels like a big one due to Montroses form and our repeated inability to beat the teams around us. Miller and McCracken need a result to show us it can be different under them.

No Gomis is a blow but the performance of Ian McShane against Raith was encouraging, certainly moreso than anything Gary Miller has lent to the midfield. I still think Longridge and McManus up front. Our two biggest threats currently and thats as hardworking a front line as you could get.

I’m guessing the 3/5 at the back might be at risk this game is Toshney isn’t fit.
Miller McShane and Tidser in the middle if he fit other than that Longridge and McManus have to start up top together.
You dont think they will try again with Gary Miller at the back?

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
I’m guessing the 3/5 at the back might be at risk this game is Toshney isn’t fit.
Miller McShane and Tidser in the middle if he fit other than that Longridge and McManus have to start up top together.

You dont think they will try again with Gary Miller at the back?

Who else would slot into the midfield? leitch? 

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Who else would slot into the midfield? leitch? 

Yeah thats the issue. Potential lightweightyness in a tough away match... Tidser McShane and Leitch would be pretty much the only options in there given Gomis and Telfer are out. 

Going back to 4 at the back pretty much leaves us needing to go 4 3 3 then? Midfield of Miller Tidser and McShane, LL, McManus and either of the lumps up front?

Id probably prefer just to stick with the 3 at the back, try that midfield. 

I would like to think we will go to a back 4 and go from there given the injuries and suspensions. We need to get McManus through the middle and try to free up Longridge so he can affect the game in attacking areas.

I don't think Tidser will ever play for us again but wouldn't mind something like this:

Mutch

Doyle Buchanan Durnan Dixon

Tidser Miller McShane

Longridge Connolly

McManus

3 hours ago, champions said:

Where is good to go pre match?

The market arms and golf bar were recommended to us and were both decent (although the golf bar was very busy around 1:30 so if a large group then maybe best elsewhere). Also FYI there is a British legion right at the turnstiles.

One place that wasn't recommended but we stumbled in was the Royal Arch. Wouldn't really recommend it in terms of the main pub, but it has an empty backroom which is like an old fashioned club hall. It is bare and a tad dilapidated but  has a decent quality pool table (pishy'ish cues though) in it and the jukebox music plays in there. If you like a game of pool and space for 10-20 of you then its a very decent shout IMO.

8 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

The market arms and golf bar were recommended to us and were both decent (although the golf bar was very busy around 1:30 so if a large group then maybe best elsewhere). Also FYI there is a British legion right at the turnstiles.

One place that wasn't recommended but we stumbled in was the Royal Arch. Wouldn't really recommend it in terms of the main pub, but it has an empty backroom which is like an old fashioned club hall. It is bare and a tad dilapidated but  has a decent quality pool table (pishy'ish cues though) in it and the jukebox music plays in there. If you like a game of pool and space for 10-20 of you then its a very decent shout IMO.

If you do venture into the Royal Arch, remember to wipe your feet on the way out.

If arriving by train first boozer you'll stumble across will be The Picturehouse. A Bellhaven pub and ok for a bit of scran.
Onto the main Street and across the road is the Market Arms. A good pub but will be mobbed. Walk down the High Street (avoiding the Royal Arch) to the Black Horse, home of the Black horse Tartan Army. Not very big but good banter and a decent pint. 2 or 3 minutes from there and towards the ground is the Golf Inn. A good bar and where many Mo fans meet pre-match.
The British Legion is only seconds from the ground and everyone is welcome. However, there will be segregation and you'll have to walk around the houses to the opposite end of the ground.
Enjoy Montrose but not the result.

44 minutes ago, champions said:

Cheers lads. Theres about 40 of us, royal arch sounds like the best bet for that size of group

Nae bother mate. Also, there was a place on the away day guide (I think) that said they could cater for a large group - name escapes me, though.

ETA as 40 might be a but tight!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

1 hour ago, champions said:

Cheers lads. Theres about 40 of us, royal arch sounds like the best bet for that size of group

For that number I suggest Sharkeys. It's about 5 minutes from the train station.
Head up to the High Street then turn right. Cross the street then take the next left on to George Street. It's about 200 yards down the hill, you can't miss it. It's a decent place but strangely usually quite quiet at that time of day. Behave though. their next door neighbour is the Polis station.

Gomis being out is good news for us if true - he utterly strolled the cup tie here in January when he was at the Arabs, was dreading seeing him have another untroubled afternoon pulling the strings.

I think most of our level headed observers at the start of the season had Falkirk winning all four ties 2/3 nil on paper, but they have obviously been way less than the sum of their parts, bad management or otherwise. Didn't see the game at TFS, but think we have a decent chance riding on the goal wave from Saturday. My first game in a while, looking forward to it (if not the prospect of freezing for two hours).