Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

12 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

As I understand, it's all about the registration, if a player goes out on loan it is for a fixed period and cannot re-register until that period has ended.

I am prepared to be corrected.

......and, no doubt you will be......................😉

Edited by Wee Sandy

Is anyone going to this?

I can’t find a single taker for a trip to see the mighty Rovers v Dumbarton. Might have a to drag one of my kids along for company. Just need to decide which one has annoyed me most in the last wee while.

I’m hoping our makeshift defence manages to compete and we can avoid defeat.  It’s nearly Christmas after all and I don’t want to be in a bad mood. Hopefully our star turns can avoid the Dumbarton hammer throwers and get among the goals.

Grant Anderson centre back.

Going by what was said in midweek, is it not more likely to be MacDonald at centre half with either Anderson or Dingwall at left back?

I think I'd prefer Anderson in the middle, right enough. Without MacDonald out wide, you're looking at the primary outball being Hendry having to come and get the ball from the defence.

It sounded like the plan was Armstrong at left back, but he's been the mystery additional injury.

Sons line up: Brennan; Quitongo, Langan, Neill, Carswell, Hutton, Scullion, McKee, Tumilty, McGeever, Crossan. Subs are Pettigrew, Tierney and McCluskey.

Two changes then from last week's starting XI. Layne and Shiels out, Carswell and Scullion in.

Well. I didn't see that coming. Where the heck did we find Scullion? I have no clue what formation that is either. 4-5-1 with Crossan up top, McKee and Scullion wide and Langan, Carsy and Hutton in midfield? 

Shiels totally vanishing too.

These injuries are insane. Who would have thought we could end up weaker defensively than the makeshift line up we finished with against Falkirk last week.

My guess of the back 4 is Watson at left back, McKay and MacDonald at centre back with G. Anderson at right back. Only one player in their correct position and that is our 4th choice centre back. Wild.

Edited by R.R.FC

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

These injuries are insane. Who would have thought we could end up weaker defensively than the makeshift line up we finished with against Falkirk last week.

My guess of the back 4 is Watson at left back, McKay and MacDonald at centre back with G. Anderson at right back. Only one player in their correct position and that is our 4th choice centre back. Wild.

I’ll guess Watson, McKay, Dingwall, MacDonald across the back.

13 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

That's how they are warming up anyway. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

That's how they are warming up anyway. 

Right, that’s interesting (too say the least)...will look forward to interesting times. Appreciate any updates on formation as the RaithTV feed isn’t very useful for puzzling it out...and unfortunately not allowed for the warmups.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Grant Anderson at right back, Watson at left back. McKay and MacDonald at centre back. Desperate stuff and unsurprisingly Dumbarton look the better side so far.

Disagree. Both sides looking less than threatening, but pretty evenly matched for now...at least via RaithTV

Raith love fannying about with the ball at the back eh?

Every time we kick it long your centre half headers it back 30 yards so we don’t have much choice.

Dumbarton goal was goal was going about 3 yards wide before the deflection but our defence has been a real mess - which shouldn’t be any surprise.