Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not watched McGlynns interview but could the other player that,ll be missing tomorrow be the keeper Munro  if he trains with his parent club Ross County.There squads been ravaged by novovirus affecting 10 players including 2 keepers

The head coach was on the radio the other night saying they had 8 players available including 2 goalkeepers so I doubt it’ll be Munro. But you never know. 

3 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s the deal with Mendy? Does his loan not have a recall clause? Surely in this extreme defensive shitstorm we need to get a “natural” (!) centre half back to play. Or are all loans now window to window?

When a player signs a loan deal it's until January or to the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why would Kelty Hearts agree to cancel the loan when they all think he’s brilliant?

Isn't he only on loan until Jan?

If so at a guess (but only if: a,Rovers wanted to and b, any such return clause existed) Raith could suggest that if Kelty agree to his early return, we would return him on loan at the  back end of January.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Even in a case where all parties agree? The SFA rule book says it can, but the 19-20 season rules aren’t available.

As I understand, it's all about the registration, if a player goes out on loan it is for a fixed period and cannot re-register until that period has ended.

I am prepared to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

As I understand, it's all about the registration, if a player goes out on loan it is for a fixed period and cannot re-register until that period has ended.

I am prepared to be corrected.

Found it, 6.3.4 of the 2019-2020 handbook .pdf (https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5422/scottish-fa-handbook-2019-20.pdf) :

“6.3 Loan (Temporary Transfer)
6.3.1 Subject to the rules of any other Recognised Football Body, a Player may have his registration transferred temporarily to another Club.
6.3.2 The Club from which a Player’s registration is to be transferred temporarily
shall lodge with the Secretary via the Online Registration Procedures or by post, email or fax a completed Transfer Form indicating the type of temporary transfer signed by the Player and on behalf of each Club concerned by a Recognised Official. The terms and conditions under which a Player’s registration is to be temporarily transferred shall be clearly stated therein.
6.3.3 The temporary transfer of the Player’s registration will be effective from the date of registration as contained on the Transaction Audit Trail.
6.3.4 The temporary transfer of a Player’s registration once effected, shall continue in force until the expiry date of the period of the temporary transfer, unless the terms and conditions of the temporary transfer of registration contain provision for the early termination and/or all parties otherwise agree that
the temporary transfer should be terminated early. Such termination shall be notified to the Secretary in writing, signed by the Player and Recognised Officials of each Club concerned.
6.3.5 On the termination of a temporary transfer of registration, the Player’s registration shall immediately revert to the Club from which his registration was temporarily transferred subject to the rules of any other Recognised Football Body where applicable.”

Edited by TxRover

On 17/12/2019 at 07:37, Scottydog said:

). Hills was as a direct result of Falkingham mouthing off after Alan Walker had just been sent off for taking the law into his own hands following a thumping high tackle on another Raith man (Vaughan?).

At the end of the day neither are excusable but I remember feeling more aggrieved at the ref for allowing it all to go that far, especially the ref against the Pars that day as he had definitely lost the plot!

And aye, I'd love to see big Dougie or someone like him back at SP too!

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, Vaughan wouldn't have been playing that day and the incident that preceded it was a centre back winning a header fairly.  There could be absolutely no complaints about the Walker Red card or the second booking for Hill, who had both lost the plot, not the ref. 

On 17/12/2019 at 09:20, Zen Archer Esq. said:

What didn't help was Grant Murray winding Dougie up on the way to the tunnel, he has to take as much responsibility for the red than Hill.

What's this about? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, Vaughan wouldn't have been playing that day and the incident that preceded it was a centre back winning a header fairly.  There could be absolutely no complaints about the Walker Red card or the second booking for Hill, who had both lost the plot, not the ref. 

What's this about? 

Away and play in some traffic, ya fool!

I'll hazard a guess at this being a routine Raith victory and all of you wondering what you were worrying about at 5pm, plus some comments about us being woeful. I hope I'm wrong.
Over the last couple of years this has often been a high scoring fixture and I expect similar today, regardless of who comes out on top.