Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I agree with this, I thought he was massively underrated and a far superior player than the likes of Dowie. I was extremely disappointed when we let him go to retain shite like Dowie and chuck a contract at Ross Perry. Another Aitken masterstroke.

He was always known as a bit of a hot headed nutter before joining us but as much as he was solid as f**k in the tackle he was always extremely composed and never lost the plot.

Aye, was disappointed when he left us, he has an affinity with Brechin City mind you, 3 times he's been with them now.

Right up there with Aitken's masterstroke of punting Scott Taggart to Alloa :1eye

On 15/12/2019 at 20:40, TxRover said:

Long-range forecast is for chilly and cloudy, a chance of showers, high of 5 from 0 in the morning. Also, I’m predicting a total w****r of a referee...not that that’s a surprise.

Yet another opportunity for Rovers fans to complain about suspensions and make weird line-up predictions.

Now, what’s screwed up on the Sons side of things?

Alan Muir. He hasn't reffed a Dumbarton game since Forfar away in April.

45 minutes ago, microdave said:

Alan Muir. He hasn't reffed a Dumbarton game since Forfar away in April.

If it is indeed Mr. Muir, that’s good news for play. Not a heavy card issuer and been almost exclusively running Premiership centers. Be a breath of fresh air after the last couple of fiascos, which is likely why he got assigned to slum it down in League One.

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

TX Rover?

No way to search for it that I could find...I looked when it was first asked. Now, I did find out about a South Americans games with 36 reds issued, and that Davo leads League One in reds, but is only about 7th in cards per game overall. Dunsmore, East Fife, and Durnan, Falkirk, are both getting more cards than Davo, but have the sense to get yellows.

Watched John’s pre match interview there. Still no Anderson according to him, so almost certain that we’ll line up Watson, McKay, MacDonald, Armstrong as a back four right to left, which is a bit terrifying tbh. He also mentions that we’ve lost someone else in training through the week but wouldn’t say who it was. I swear to fucking god if it’s Kieran MacDonald I’ll lose my shit.

Surely there’s never been a better opportunity for Dumbarton to beat us at home? 1 defeat in 16 in all competitions, more clean sheets already this season than the entirety of last season - all whilst having an average of about 5 players out per week. Really impressed by McGlynn’s work this season, not getting anywhere near enough praise.

Watched John’s pre match interview there. Still no Anderson according to him, so almost certain that we’ll line up Watson, McKay, MacDonald, Armstrong as a back four right to left, which is a bit terrifying tbh. He also mentions that we’ve lost someone else in training through the week but wouldn’t say who it was. I swear to fucking god if it’s Kieran MacDonald I’ll lose my shit.

Surely there’s never been a better opportunity for Dumbarton to beat us at home? 1 defeat in 16 in all competitions, more clean sheets already this season than the entirety of last season - all whilst having an average of about 5 players out per week. Really impressed by McGlynn’s work this season, not getting anywhere near enough praise.
This. Indeed, still too many arseholes bouncing in here slagging McGlynn, his selections and his tactics. With half a team.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This. Indeed, still too many arseholes bouncing in here slagging McGlynn, his selections and his tactics. With half a team.

Mind games. Lewis Vaughan to start.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There's very few managers at this level you'd want in these situations over Mcglynn. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Watched John’s pre match interview there. Still no Anderson according to him, so almost certain that we’ll line up Watson, McKay, MacDonald, Armstrong as a back four right to left, which is a bit terrifying tbh. He also mentions that we’ve lost someone else in training through the week but wouldn’t say who it was. I swear to fucking god if it’s Kieran MacDonald I’ll lose my shit..

The way he said it, it certainly sounded like one of Watson, McKay or MacDonald is the other player out. And, I swear to God I would never have expected to say this at the start of this season, but of those three, McKay would be the biggest loss for this game. I agree that MacDonald would be terrible, but for this game, losing our only natural CB would be a nightmare.

28 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s the deal with Mendy? Does his loan not have a recall clause? Surely in this extreme defensive shitstorm we need to get a “natural” (!) centre half back to play. Or are all loans now window to window?

I'd rather we play Baird at centre back than Mendy.