Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Any Raith "supporter" booing at the end or indeed during the match today needs to take a good, long look at themself. We were all at sea in defence due to injury and self inflicted suspension and we had players out of position. We also had fewer options from midfield because, for example, Gando wasn't an out ball and McDonald couldn't make an overlap run. Other players had poor games but only the bar prevented a superb Dingwall goal and Bowie missed a sitter header. With all of these variables at play do you really think your bovine booing did anyone any good? Does it ever? What, precisely, were you complaining about? Bad day at the office. Still top.

I agree with most of this but dispute the remark about Bowie missing a header,  Brennan had an exceptional game today and should be credited due to his performance. 

Dumbarton were excellent today. Got their goals, identified our weaknesses and defended excellently. 

Too many players missing or out of position, and too many poor performances. A real and clear lack of quality up front. 

Tough ask today with that back line though, not just with the defenders missing but also with McDonald missing on the left.  However I was disappointed at how poor we were going forward. At 2-0 we had to show some quality to break Dumbarton down and it really wasn't there. 

Some absolute roasters in the crowd today. There was no lack of effort from these players, the squad is fucked with injuries and there wasn't enough quality there to break Dumbarton down. Anyone booing can f**k off tbh. 

Edited by CALDERON

Jamie Gullan was fuming with Watson in the second half,  Watson would receive a pass from MacDonald and fire it straight back to him despite Gullan being  15 yards up the park and in a good position to make a run.

How the f**k John and Smudger let him away with that beats me. 

I agree with most of this but dispute the remark about Bowie missing a header,  Brennan had an exceptional game today and should be credited due to his performance. 
It was nowt to do with Brennan. Brennan was rooted to his line. Bowie connected only a few yards out and it flew off his bonce for a goal kick.

I'm in New Zealand and couldn't sleep so decided to tune in. Agree with all thats been said so far, the whole defence and Hutton were very, very good and we took our chances when they came, albeit one had a chunk of luck. To be without Layne and Frizzell, and losing Crossan so early in the second half, we should be over the moon with that result.

That's us won 3 on the trot away from home and we go into next weeks match with Stranraer full of beans. Hopefully Layne and Frizz will be back to ease the injury worries.

I can’t remember the last time I booed the team, but I wouldn’t be criticising those who did so today. That was a poor performance.

Nothing much happening up front and the emergency full backs were both poor. If someone has paid £16 to watch that they won’t have been impressed. 

Edited by Scary Bear

Shame about the result today, but we were really short of ideas on breaking down a tight defence. It's easy to point to the injuries and suspensions, but three of these were self inflicted. I felt we started the game the better of the two teams, lost an unlucky goal and then lost a poor goal from a set piece. 

Watson is a back up right back but killed any momentum on the left as he was trying to cut the ball onto his right. It's hardly the lad's fault and he didn't do anything wrong. Aside from that, we offered very little in the way of balls on the deck into the feet. McDonald and McKay worked well at centre back, and were happy to play the ball about but after that we'd slow the play down too much. For all he's underperformed since returning today is one where you want Armstrong having a go on the wing. Dingwall seems to be much improved playing centrally too. 

Fair play to Dumbarton for the result. Came and did a good job and never looked in any danger after scoring. 

Folk booing are utter melts. 

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Almost goal of the season for us to when it was 0-0. About 25 passes then a reverse chipped ball from a Hendry split the defence open and Dingwall lifted it first time over the goalie, only for it to hit the bar and bounce straight back into the goalie’s waiting arms.

Brennan got his fingers to it to tip it onto the bar.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It was nowt to do with Brennan. Brennan was rooted to his line. Bowie connected only a few yards out and it flew off his bonce for a goal kick.

We are obviously talking about different events, however, Bowie is still due credit for the instance I mentioned, but please don't single out Bowie as others had efforts that were poorly executed.

Glass half full. 

Dumbarton deserve praise today - so I’m going to give them it. They played very well and deserved to win. Kyle Hutton in particular was a constant thorn in our side and read the game very well, broke up our play and generally dominated our midfield. Duffy had clearly done his homework on our makeshift back line and knew that Watson was never going to go beyond the right back, instead looking to cut inside high up the park and find Hendry. As soon as he stopped and brought it back on to his stronger foot Hutton either read it and cut it out or anticipated it and pressured Hendry enough to not allow him to make an incisive pass. Quite an impressive performance from someone who I’ve never been impressed by any time I’ve seen, until today.

Our defence was ragged, which shouldn’t be any surprise to anyone. Anderson looked out of place and Watson, as alluded to, didn’t influence the game in an attacking sense. Kieran MacDonald took the captains armband and was superb again.

Our lack of goals is concerning. For all our injury woes our front line had remained relatively untouched, which makes it all the more worrying that we are struggling to find the net with such regularity. We’re top at Christmas - that’s good. But we could really do with a few players finding their shooting boots soon.

I have said, and continue to do so, that Bowie needs to sit for a game here and there, at a minimum. Baird is looking spent, but Gullan still looks a threat. Smith in for East Fife, with Gullan and Allan. I hope we do have Bene back, but I’m still not certain how the yellows tot up.

Jamie Gullan was fuming with Watson in the second half,  Watson would receive a pass from MacDonald and fire it straight back to him despite Gullan being  15 yards up the park and in a good position to make a run.
How the f**k John and Smudger let him away with that beats me. 
Probably because he knew Gullan would make a mess of it anyway.

I have said, and continue to do so, that Bowie needs to sit for a game here and there, at a minimum. Baird is looking spent, but Gullan still looks a threat. Smith in for East Fife, with Gullan and Allan. I hope we do have Bene back, but I’m still not certain how the yellows tot up.

Mcglynn must know bene is back or he wouldn't have said it. Bowie is in his first full season of senior football and is a talent but will have to sit out now and again as you say tx. If we had a nizzy type in this squad I think we'd stroll the league. We're still the top goalscorers in the league without a standout striker though aswell as top of the league and we apparently have an ordinary team so long may our ordinaryness (doubt thats a word) continue.