Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

Kyle Hutton was immense today...bossed the midfield.Scullion and Langan both put in very decent shifts while Mckee was pretty solid.PJ Crossan did well enough when he was on but RT was pretty woeful unfortuneately..Stand out was the defence....Neil was a rock and Mcgeever really solid too.Great Ronaldoesque goal too!!But praise needs to be singled out for Rico Quitongo who looked like a FT player.Beating players to the ball , showing great pace and recovery.We definitely lose something when hes injured.Great performance and totally unexpected win.

Well done the Duff

That was horrible. I knew it would be horrible before I went, but I went anyway and it was horrible.

Amazingly we’re still top of the league at Christmas. I should be happier but I’m not. My thoughts coming away from the ground were ‘I cannot be fucked going through to Methil on the 28th’ and ‘I wonder when McGlynn will get punted?’

Things can only get better.

Any Raith "supporter" booing at the end or indeed during the match today needs to take a good, long look at themself. We were all at sea in defence due to injury and self inflicted suspension and we had players out of position. We also had fewer options from midfield because, for example, Gando wasn't an out ball and McDonald couldn't make an overlap run. Other players had poor games but only the bar prevented a superb Dingwall goal and Bowie missed a sitter header. With all of these variables at play do you really think your bovine booing did anyone any good? Does it ever? What, precisely, were you complaining about? Bad day at the office. Still top.

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's two great away wins in a week with a pretty threadbare squad, so huge respect to the Manager and the players.

We maybe caught Raith in a depleted state today, but we have our own personnel issues, so it was a job well done.

Without Layne, Frizzel and Shiels today and with only three subs listed. Raith's first home defeat in league one. Impressive.

10 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Without Layne, Frizzel and Shiels today and with only three subs listed. Raith's first home defeat in league one. Impressive.

Worth noting that McCluskey wasn't fit either, so we basically had 12 fit outfield players (one of whom was playing more than 5 minutes for the first time in yonks) against a partially full-time side.

Raith clearly have horrific injury/suspension issues - but that shouldn't take away from our result today. I genuinely cannot applaud the players and Duffy enough - they were outstanding to a man.

Any Raith "supporter" booing at the end or indeed during the match today needs to take a good, long look at themself. We were all at sea in defence due to injury and self inflicted suspension and we had players out of position. We also had fewer options from midfield because, for example, Gando wasn't an out ball and McDonald couldn't make an overlap run. Other players had poor games but only the bar prevented a superb Dingwall goal and Bowie missed a sitter header. With all of these variables at play do you really think your bovine booing did anyone any good? Does it ever? What, precisely, were you complaining about? Bad day at the office. Still top.

Wasn't at the game as I'm working but it's hard to justify the booing considering how fucked our squad is with injuries and suspensions. We lined up defensively how I thought we would and got beat as I thought we would. We're still top though and I have seen someone calling for mcglynns head as is custom after a defeat. We're a strange bunch us rovers fans.