Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

Long-range forecast is for chilly and cloudy, a chance of showers, high of 5 from 0 in the morning. Also, I’m predicting a total w****r of a referee...not that that’s a surprise.

Yet another opportunity for Rovers fans to complain about suspensions and make weird line-up predictions.

Now, what’s screwed up on the Sons side of things?

Injuries and suspensions woe is us.

Defence is going to be a headache for JM but we’ve only ourselves to blame as both Bene and Davos suspensions were avoidable. Expect a tough game and with our players out I’m glad this is a home fixture. Great to see Hendry back in the mix as he’s class for this level and hopefully no one tries to cripple him this game.

We played Dumbarton at home on the 15th December 2018. It was Baltic and we won 4-2. The SPFL must have decided it was so good they’ll stick it on about the same time and hope for a repeat. I’m putting two pairs of socks on for this one. Winter jacket, hat and gloves getting looked out too.

Injuries and suspensions woe is us.

Defence is going to be a headache for JM but we’ve only ourselves to blame as both Bene and Davos suspensions were avoidable. Expect a tough game and with our players out I’m glad this is a home fixture. Great to see Hendry back in the mix as he’s class for this level and hopefully no one tries to cripple him this game.
We don't have to concern ourselves with deliberately injuring bums like Hendry thank you very much.

Injuries and suspensions as we all know are far, far from ideal. That said, if we want to win the league these are your 'bread and butter home games that need to be won'. 

In spite of the injuries, the spirit on show from the players over the last month - and the return of Hendry:wub:  - has me quite confident we will get the three points.

If Anderson is fit I then the same team with him swapping in for Bene. I'd also quite like to see Victoria at some point.

Most importantly, I break off for the festive holidays on Friday 🍻🍻

ETA - does anyone know if there is hospitality on or whether the Raith suite will be open?

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

This feels like another huge game. We’ve faired much better than I thought we would against Airdrie and Falkirk but we need to follow that up with a win on Saturday. With the rest of the top 4 playing away from home there is potential for dropped points and we really must take advantage of that. Missing opportunities like that killed us last season.

I said pre season I didn’t expect Dumbarton to finish bottom despite that being the expectation of many. However, they have still performed miles better than my expectations. They seem to perform better away from home so expecting a really tough test. Is Layne likely to be fit for Saturday? Thought that would be a big loss but his replacement scored 2 on Saturday and Crossan has always looked a threat against us.

Really have to hope Steven Anderson is fit, if he is we look okay defensively. Watson was poor going forward on Saturday but did a solid job defensively so fair play to him for that. I thought McKay was excellent too. I hope to see some changes in the attacking areas, we just don’t seem to have the right mix going forward just now with 4 goals in our last 5. Although McGlynn is, quite rightly, unlikely to make wholesale changes to a team getting results.

I like Bowie but I don’t think he’s particularly well suited to being a lone striker. I prefer him on the wing or as part of a two right now. Grant Anderson gives us good width too so I would keep him in the team. I rarely come away from a game thinking Gullan has been a standout but you can’t argue with his goal scoring record. He really wasn’t happy at being subbed at the weekend though. I’d bring Baird back in place of Dingwall. With Bowie and Anderson on the wings and Gullan behind Baird.

Going for a nervy 2-1 to set us up nicely for another huge weekend on the 28th. After 6 red cards in our last 2 games a quiet game on that front would be nice. Let’s face it, it makes thing exciting but we really can’t afford any more suspensions.

29 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I like Bowie but I don’t think he’s particularly well suited to being a lone striker. 

I really like Bowie too but the boy needs to start jumping for headers. Don't think I've seen him win one yet. Does a sort of ducking jump, only way I can describe it...

I have no issues with someone tackling Hendry whilst he’s on the ball.

Off the ball though, not so much.

Yup, Hendry’s treatment at Falkirk reminded me of the targeting of Vaughan against Arbroath in the first meeting last season. Tactics from the footballing gutter.

Iain Davidson has been chopping c***s in half for over a decade for you lot and that photo of Dougie Hill trying to strangle Falkingham in an off the ball incident is championed by you guys, yet you're always on here moaning about the treatment your wee star players get on and off the ball.

Hopefully we punt Hendry in the first minute and I'll be disappointed if Duffy isn't telling our midfield the same thing. #sonsgang