Saints v Buddies 21/12/19

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Well I certainly intend on going to this game...unlike a couple of mates who have opted to watch the game on Saints TV instead in the house, in Perth 🤷‍♂️

Says it all about you and your mates tbh.

Don't tar us actual Saints fans that make the effort, with the same brush your apathy ridden pals should have stabbed between their eyes. 

Anyway, glad you're making it to see us utterly pump these jeanfield looking mother fuckers.

Edited by tree house tam
Bad England

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Don't tar us actual Saints fans that make the effort, with the same brush your apathy ridden pals should have stabbed between their eyes. 

Anyway, glad you're making it to see us utterly pump these jeanfield looking mother fuckers.

That last sentence. Wtf. 

gettyimages-805225006-1024x1024.jpg

Hold on a second ticketless Tam, where did I say it puts people who go to games to shame? Clearly the people who go week in week out deserve a pat on the back. What puts us i.e the club to shame is the fact that the vast majority of Perth don’t want to go and watch their team in action. That’s all I meant by it. Must you be so nasty during the season of joy, giving and happiness?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Hope Santa brings you the Anger Management books and DVDs that you need.

May the best team win and Merry Xmas to you and yours  :)

I'd take a 0-0 here tbh, on the condition we then beat Hamilton the next time around.

Games like this have me shitting myself as they could literally be any score.

I'd be more inclined to hope for the reserve to RandomGuy's post above. St Mirren have only picked up 3 points away from home all season and have struggled in front of goal. Our strongest performances have been away but we're picking up more points at home - a win tomorrow then avoid defeat against Hamilton is a good week for us IMO. I would take the reverse obviously, but wouldn't bargain on this lot going to Accies and picking up anything.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Hold on a second ticketless Tam, where did I say it puts people who go to games to shame? Clearly the people who go week in week out deserve a pat on the back. What puts us i.e the club to shame is the fact that the vast majority of Perth don’t want to go and watch their team in action. That’s all I meant by it. Must you be so nasty during the season of joy, giving and happiness?

"Puts us to shame" is I think what you said?

Na m9, puts you and your mates to shame. I suppose with you supporting your 10 teams you can't make McDiarmid every second week, I get it.

Really hard game to predict. Our record against StJohnstone is woeful home or away.

We have done incredibly well to pick up 4 points against Accies and Livi with our injury crisis at the back. Going forward we are looking dangerous, Obika and Junior are gelling well together and don't stop hassling for 90 minutes. I can't see the Perth Saints crumbling like they did in Paisley, we'll need to be very good on the ball.

Both are scoring goals and conceding. Would take a point from this game tbh but with Hearts playing Hamilton it's a good chance to build a bit of a gap from the bottom.

You’re getting nil - goals or points.

Thanks, useful. 
Returning the question, I can't see any mention at all of what's happened to Kane. No mention until the teams were announced last week, and nothing since. That's a wee bit unusual for us.  I'm thinking Holt will be back as at the time he seemed to be saying he was OK to continue.  I'd imagine we'll hear today in the Saints TV interview. 
So if they are out, I'd go:
                              Clark
         Ralston  Gordon  Kerr  Booth
                           McCann
MOH  Davidson Wotherspoon Kennedy
                            Hendry
If Holt is fit, swap for Wotherspoon. If Kane is fit, no change. 

So if Kane is fit Stevie May starts?

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
5 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:
Thanks, useful. 
Returning the question, I can't see any mention at all of what's happened to Kane. No mention until the teams were announced last week, and nothing since. That's a wee bit unusual for us.  I'm thinking Holt will be back as at the time he seemed to be saying he was OK to continue.  I'd imagine we'll hear today in the Saints TV interview. 
                              Clark
                           McCann
                            Hendry

I'd start Hendry ahead of both of them TBH. I know he's been more impactful off the bench but May's a busted flush at the moment. 

Part of me hopes that we'll go 2 up front, because we're at home, but the fear of leaking goals without at 3rd midfielder to shield the full backs gets the better of me. 

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
10 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:
Thanks, useful. 
                              Clark
                           McCann
                            Hendry

Kane not fit. Suspect Holt will be.

May will definitely start. 

Neither Hendry or May really make impactful contributions from the start as a lone front man. If we plan on playing 4-4-2 at any point before the break, this is likely the game to do it in.

Happy to just wait and see what TW thinks up, the last two line ups wouldn't be what I'd have picked but both have worked a charm. Almost as if he knows more about football than me.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neither Hendry or May really make impactful contributions from the start as a lone front man. If we plan on playing 4-4-2 at any point before the break, this is likely the game to do it in.

Happy to just wait and see what TW thinks up, the last two line ups wouldn't be what I'd have picked but both have worked a charm. Almost as if he knows more about football than me.

I agree this would be the game to do it but we only have 2 strikers (insert your own Stevie May joke). 

Options of course to play Matty behind the striker and Spoony on the left or MOH up front and Wright on the right. Suspect that Tommy won't want to shake things up that much though. His pre match suggested he was worried about home form. 

19 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I agree this would be the game to do it but we only have 2 strikers (insert your own Stevie May joke). 

Options of course to play Matty behind the striker and Spoony on the left or MOH up front and Wright on the right. Suspect that Tommy won't want to shake things up that much though. His pre match suggested he was worried about home form. 

Thoughts were just they played a kid at CB last week and highlights show him culpable for 3 goals they conceded. Our own season so far shows a shite defence makes the rest of your team redundant  

No sympathy in football, if they play him again, stick two up front and target the c**t for 90 minutes.