Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He got booked for the penalty then booked again for dissent for reacting to it.

Thanks.

Pretty idiotic to get himself double booked for dissent instantly like that though.

The manager should be showing leadership and discipline in that situation and taking himself out of trouble not putting himself in even further problems and his team in an even more difficult situation with a man less.

I am sure he will be bitterly regretting not staying quiet and walking away instead of exchanging further words with Greg Aitken with the inevitable consequence of that double booking.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
The BBC backs this up but I never saw the ref giving him a second yellow immediately before flashing the red .

I only saw the red too.

I didn’t think the yellow had been directed at Kerr despite him giving away the penalty.  The Updated BBC report is now making less sense claiming the ‘second yellow’ was for giving away the penalty.

Penalty or not and red card or not, Greg Aitken is a fucking bafoon of the highest level who should only be refereeing the sunday league. Knew we were in for a clown of a referee after 20 seconds when Moore got flattened straight after kick off and he never gave it, also after their first penalty he never gave a second one which was blatent.

Reckon he must be a killie fan or something cause he always gives us f**k all.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I didn’t think the yellow had been directed at Kerr despite him giving away the penalty.  The Updated BBC report is now making less sense claiming the ‘second yellow’ was for giving away the penalty.

No idea what's going on. I  thought Harvie was booked for dissent too after the penalty,  before Kerr was sent off,  but the BBC says he wasn't.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So is there a chance it could be a straight red? Surely in that instance you could appeal it?

If he's told the ref to f**k off or something along those lines we ain't going to get a red card rescinded for that are we

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So is there a chance it could be a straight red? Surely in that instance you could appeal it?

If it was a straight red, and it looked like it to me, it will have been for abusing the referee* in which case you won’t win an appeal.

* I honestly can’t think of another reason in a situation like that.

beaten to it by rb123!

Edited by Granny Danger

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If it was a straight red, and it looked like it to me, it will have been for abusing the referee* in which case you won’t win an appeal.

* I honestly can’t think of another reason in a situation like that.

beaten to it by rb123!

Is dissent not a booking at most though?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I imagine it depends on the level of abuse.  I’m pretty sure I’ve seen straight reds for dissent before.

Fair enough then.

I think Kerr should do better in that instance but I'm sure he'll be more annoyed at his reaction rather than the decision to give the penalty,

He held his hands up last week when he got it wrong against Arbroath and I'm sure he'll do similar this time and learn from it. 

Just seen the incident (Dundee Utd breaking the rules with the early upload) and it's a yellow to Harvie for dissent and then a straight red to Kerr for dissent so I'm guessing Kerr gave him more abuse than normal. Guessing a straight red in any circumstance is two matches out?

Also the goals we lost from open play are fucking abysmal. Not decided yet who's was worse. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Harvie got booked (for dissent I presume) and then, not to be outdone, the gaffer got a straight red for dissent. It's a close call but looking at the video I think Kerr knocks the ball away before Shankland kicks Kerr. Might explain the heads gone from Kerr... hey ho

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just seen the incident (Dundee Utd breaking the rules with the early upload) and it's a yellow to Harvie for dissent and then a straight red to Kerr for dissent so I'm guessing Kerr gave him more abuse than normal. Guessing a straight red in any circumstance is two matches out?

Was the abuse from Kerr before or after Harvie's booking?

would be particularly stupid if it was after.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was the abuse from Kerr before or after Harvie's booking?

would be particularly stupid if it was after.

It was after.

It didn't look like he was giving him abuse though unless he was being very nice about it. Ref gives the penalty. Harvie and someone else go over followed by Kerr, ref books Harvie and he walks away in the huff. Then Kerr looks to be talking to him for a few seconds and then walks away. There's then a short delay and the ref blows his whistle and goes and sends him off.

Normally if it was abuse you'd imagine it would be a bit more aggressive but Kerr looked pretty calm about the whole thing.