Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

He should know better tbh. It’s not that it sets a bad example but it puts us under more pressure in midfield.

People will ignore the game as a whole and use this as a stick to beat Kerr which is what annoys me. I just want us to get to January and sign players.

They are doing that already...

Ultimately we have no idea what happened at the red card - could quite easily have been an over officious referee unable to have his decision called into question.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He should know better tbh. It’s not that it sets a bad example but it puts us under more pressure in midfield.

People will ignore the game as a whole and use this as a stick to beat Kerr which is what annoys me. I just want us to get to January and sign players.

Aye the facebook page comments are brutal already   

Ayr were by far the best team for 20 minutes but by my reckoning only had one long range shot. The rest of the first have was pretty even cagey stuff until the goal. It was hardly backs to tje wall.

Mark Kerr was very good first half but Butcher was equally good.

Ayr by far the best team i have seen in the league this year during that firat half.

From ETL it looked a clear a penalty as you will ever see.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Ayr were by far the best team for 20 minutes but by my reckoning only had one long range shot. The rest of the first have was pretty even cagey stuff until the goal. It was hardly backs to tje wall.
Mark Kerr was very good first half but Butcher was equally good.
Ayr by far the best team i have seen in the league this year during that firat half.

I think that’s probably fair. We didn’t create enough first half and missed Moffat as he creates a lot for us.

Penalty looked absolutely scandalous from where we were, will be interested to see that on the highlights but Kerr can’t get himself sent off for that regardless.

Thought Dundee Utd were pretty poor 11 v 11 but they were very good at punishing our mistakes. Last goal was a decent hit too, although it again came from a slack pass from our back 4.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not worth reading it tbh, only makes you more frustrated.

Aye.  I left the SRE page after the Arbroath game because of that.  But made the mistake of checking the comments on the official page.   First comment after D Utd went one up is just some plonked saying "Kerr out garbage".   At that stage by all accounts we had played pretty well against a team utterly romping the league

Ayr should be disappointed at the end result, as they had the measure of our United for much of the first half, to the extent they were more likely to go ahead. Harvie and Forrest on the left side were the most able on the pitch, but generally the Ayr side showed up well, working very hard. Felt they showed a bit of tiredness from their efforts in the last minutes of the first half.

Whether that contributed to the defensive error which led to the first goal I don't know, but the Somerset Park side started well enough in the second half, until what I saw as a clear penalty around the hour mark at which point they fell apart. Kerr was due a booking, but took exception and off he went.

Over the ninety, 4-0 isn't a true reflection, but Dundee United took advantage of errors at critical points in the match.

Ayr are the best away side I've seen at Tannadice this season.

Was it a straight red for Mark Kerr?
I noticed the defender being cautioned for giving away the pen but did not see what happened next.  I did not realise Kerr had been sent off till someone next to me mentioned it.

He got booked for the penalty then booked again for dissent for reacting to it.

5 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Was it a straight red for Mark Kerr?

I noticed the defender being cautioned for giving away the pen but did not see what happened next.  I did not realise Kerr had been sent off till someone next to me mentioned it.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He got booked for the penalty then booked again for dissent for reacting to it.

The BBC backs this up but I never saw the ref giving him a second yellow immediately before flashing the red .