Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

If we play like we did yesterday then we’ll cause Dundee Utd problems. I don’t care if it was only Alloa they couldn’t get near us at times and that was without Moffat linking everything together.

Roscoe marshalled Shankland pretty well last time so I’d be inclined to play him alongside Bell.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Have you got anyone decent left?

Kris Doolan, rated highly by Partick fans. Proven goal scoring record in the league above and very loyal to his club, whats not to like? 

Would quite like to see us go up to Dundee and get a result, for Kerr's sake it would really quieten down alot of his early critics. Fancy us for a score draw in this one, hopefully the weather will be a little more settled than the previous two games. 

Edited by Hawk89

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

An unlikely combo but United win this and we beat Caley then that probably wraps it up for United before Santa arrives.

If it's not done and dusted already of course.

And of course you guys overtake Ayr in the league. Mind and keep your side of the agreement then.

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It is. 

I tend to agree. More because I can't see anyone else putting together a set of results, rather then thinking United are an unstoppable force.

That being said, they've won 8 in a row and conceded two goals or something daft like that, so clearly handling this league of jobbers very handily.

Tbh our last two performances have been quite poor, we've had a mini-blip of late - albeit still winning against the league's worst team (imo) in Morton and a psuedo-home game against Arbroath. Ayr - and Dundee - will be much firmer tests.

I reckon it'll be a United 1-0 with Shankland scoring late on thanks to a poor pass back from the midfield...

For those saying we've wrapped the league up etc. I would wait until late January/early Feb at least. It's unlikely but we could have our entire side gutted (lose Shanks, Appére and Robson etc.) in the transfer window whilst having a 10-15 point gap - that would be certainly make the league more interesting. I can certainly remember our neighbours blowing it from a similar position in 2009-10.

I'm uncomfortable with the talk of having the league wrapped up. Given our cushion, I would take draws against the challengers and focusing on beating the bottom half teams.

If we can get 4 points from this and the derby I would be more than happy.

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I'm uncomfortable with the talk of having the league wrapped up. Given our cushion, I would take draws against the challengers and focusing on beating the bottom half teams.

If we can get 4 points from this and the derby I would be more than happy.

Can we have the draw please ?

These two goals United have lost in the last eight matches: they've both looked like own goals to me. Obviously Reynolds got Alloa's goal, but was it not Liam Smith's unwitting intervention which was judged to be over the line at Greenock? I know the tannoy operator announced Sutton had scored, but at the match the assistant didn't indicate the ball had crossed the line at that point.

Anyway, the last few performances haven't been great, and Ayr have had an Indian Sign over us for the last couple of seasons. That might indicate a hurdle for United on Saturday. A victory will make me a wee bit more optimistic.

8 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We win the next two games I think the league is pretty much in the bag for United. Can’t see us losing upwards of 19 points and can’t see any team good enough to put a run of any sort together to catch us

The later is definitely true not too sure about the former.

9 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We win the next two games I think the league is pretty much in the bag for United. Can’t see us losing upwards of 19 points and can’t see any team good enough to put a run of any sort together to catch us

We are only 13 points ahead, not 19.  We could win the next two games and still only be 13 points ahead depending upon how ICT do.