Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t agree with pre contracts either. It’s not right that players can agree moves in December and then see out the rest of the season with that club.

However, Docherty showed yesterday that he’s not downed tools and I’m fine with him staying.

I really don’t get the insane overreaction to a player leaving. Darren Brownlie has done the exact same thing and QOTS fans have managed to not go mental about it.

I think it’s the team he’s signed the PCA with that’s pissed a lot of people off. McCall is probably seen as the ‘enemy’ and he’s agreed to join him. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t agree with pre contracts either. It’s not right that players can agree moves in December and then see out the rest of the season with that club.

However, Docherty showed yesterday that he’s not downed tools and I’m fine with him staying.

I really don’t get the insane overreaction to a player leaving. Darren Brownlie has done the exact same thing and QOTS fans have managed to not go mental about it.

I don’t see the issue with it personally. Players should have the right to secure their future one way or the other in advance and not rely on a tight window. If it weren’t McCall and a team in our own league in a lower position then their would be half the complaining going on here. Maybe as a club we should start to offer our own PCA’s to plauers. As a fan would you not rather know we had some good players arriving and a squad taking shape. Due to our set up we always seem to do business within a baw hair of the window closing

Pre-contracts is a shit idea.  A complete conflict of interest if the teams are in the same league for a start and can also be between teams vying for promotion/trying to avoid relegation.

Is there another ‘industry’ where you would be allowed to take a contract with a competitor six months in advance?