Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was after.

It didn't look like he was giving him abuse though unless he was being very nice about it. Ref gives the penalty. Harvie and someone else go over followed by Kerr, ref books Harvie and he walks away in the huff. Then Kerr looks to be talking to him for a few seconds and then walks away. There's then a short delay and the ref blows his whistle and goes and sends him off.

Normally if it was abuse you'd imagine it would be a bit more aggressive but Kerr looked pretty calm about the whole thing. 

Watching it now. It looks like the Ref hears Kerr mutter something under his breath. He's putting Harvie's name into the book and his head lifts up directly at Kerr before reaching for his pocket.

17 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Harvie got booked (for dissent I presume) and then, not to be outdone, the gaffer got a straight red for dissent. It's a close call but looking at the video I think Kerr knocks the ball away before Shankland kicks Kerr. Might explain the heads gone from Kerr... hey ho

Ffs i thought it was Stanton who went down, that has just cheered my evening up no end 

Very soft penalty if it is one at all, camera angle makes it difficult to judge but by the direction the ball goes looks like Kerr must have got a toe poke to it before Stanton then kicked kerrs foot. Still though no excuse for Kerr to react like that, moronic.

Penalty or not and red card or not, Greg Aitken is a fucking bafoon of the highest level who should only be refereeing the sunday league. Knew we were in for a clown of a referee after 20 seconds when Moore got flattened straight after kick off and he never gave it, also after their first penalty he never gave a second one which was blatent.
Reckon he must be a killie fan or something cause he always gives us f**k all.

Pretty sure he is from killie

I'd like to hear what Kerr says, not that we ever will.  When you see some of the stick and proper meltdowns some players have at referees and get no action, to see him get a straight red while walking away from the guy.....it's either really really harsh or he has said something that is bad enough to be a sackable offence for me.    The way it looks on that video is that he has walked away with a "that's fucking nonsense" or similar, which anyone who has played at any level knows happens all the time. 

Looks a penalty to me!
That defending is fucking hilarious, Bell has immeasurably weakened the defence since returning. 

Bells mistake almost went in slow motion. Why he even bothered to take a touch there and not just put it out of play baffles me.

I thought he was ok last week if a wee bit rusty but he’s had the opposite impact I expected him to have. Not really sure who we play now as none of the three options appeal to me at the minute.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bells mistake almost went in slow motion. Why he even bothered to take a touch there and not just put it out of play baffles me.

I thought he was ok last week if a wee bit rusty but he’s had the opposite impact I expected him to have. Not really sure who we play now as none of the three options appeal to me at the minute.

Don't understand for his first mistake why he doesn't cynically clip the heels of McMullan and take the yellow card and the free kick, would have made much more sense than allowing him to run into the box.

Just to add my tuppence worth I also thought we were immense in the first half.

The defence wad solid, bell in particular looked assured (until the error), Houston was outstanding too.

Passes were sharp, and cut through the lines well. Good, purposeful attacking play - but we lack a killer instinct (would we be top this season of we still had shankland?)

But the Dundee United fans are right in that we didn't really create clear chances. They defend well, and we should've taken a shot earlier on a few occasions. Moore doesn't do enough for me but he didn't do anything wrong today. Imo moff would've linked better from the start and I've got no idea why he's been benched recently.

But in football if you don't score you often get punished. Dundee United were very clinical, and then the penalty changes everything. I suspect it is a clear penalty which makes the red card even worse. But he's young, and he'll learn from this.

Overall I'm happy with that. At least I know that Kerr can get the team playing well. We'll beat a lot of teams with a similar performance and a wee touch of luck.

Dundee United strolling the league - and although second best, they took advantage of the Ayr mistakes/head's gone. Ah well.

Well if that wasn’t a gift wrapped Xmas present

Bell and Muirhead dear oh dear oh dear three of the goals get the ball out the park what any defender would do and defend the throw in.

Never mind our saviour Moorey wil keep us up and an 18 month contract my god help us.

Very soft penalty pollution Aitken desperate to give it no surprises there, but Kerso what were you thinking.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Which one, he's directly at fault for two of the goals! 

Looked at the pen umpteen times and, unless my eyes are totally gone, it seems obvious that Kerr just got a foot on the ball and then Stanton kicks his foot. Ref was in a good position and still gave a penalty. No wonder Kerr was angry, incandescent more likely. Still, with his experience, should have been able to hold his tongue. We were obviously  well in the game up to that point.  2-0 down with 10 men was game over. Our defence were obviously in a festive mood with their individual errors handing DU 3 gift wrapped goals. 

DU fans are always keen to point out how opposition fans are always blaming the ref when they lose. Bit like non-old firm fans in the Premier League. After today I think we might just have a point. If  Kerr's was a straight red., what have you got to say to get one of those? Surely common or garden swearing isn't enough. 

Congratulations to DU on winning the league. Rest playing for playoffs now. If Ian McCall gets his way, we'll more likely be in the playoffs at the wrong end.