Dun Utd v Ayr Utd - 21/12

I’m fairly certain Dundee Utd have won the league. If they lost it from here it would be an absolute disaster for them but it would also take a big winning run from us or Inverness. It’s hard enough trying to win 2 or 3 on the bounce let alone 6 or 7.

As such I’ll take anything we can get here. Kerr needs to bring Moffat back in for Moore though.

57 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m fairly certain Dundee Utd have won the league. If they lost it from here it would be an absolute disaster for them but it would also take a big winning run from us or Inverness. It’s hard enough trying to win 2 or 3 on the bounce let alone 6 or 7.

As such I’ll take anything we can get here. Kerr needs to bring Moffat back in for Moore though.

We’ve won eight (EIGHT) on the bounce.

Expect nothing - but these games suit our attackers.

Forrest, moff, Kelly and McCowan will be up for this and will have some space to play.

Unfortunately I think this is the type of game that Andy Murdoch proved his worth. I'm not sure Kerr and doc can give enough protection to our defence.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah but we've beat you in 4 of the last 5 meetings between the teams.

Shouldn’t that be “...we’ve beaten you...”?

Aren't you a teacher?

All that aside the past is often a guide to the future, but not always.

Just now, itzdrk said:

I'll be giving Dundee United f**k all money.  I expect administration to be announced off the back of not getting my £50 this season. 

We will save a fortune in smelling salts due to you not attending.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Roscoe for Muirhead and Moff for Moore. Expect there'll be plenty of goals. Hopefully the seethe McCowan & Forrest had yesterday at not scoring carries into this game.

I thought Muirhead was better than Bell yesterday. By some margin. On that basis, I'm not sure he warrants being dropped.

Moffat had a strange game for what little he played. There was a very uncharacteristic pass that he overhit when he should have played someone clean through. Very unMoffat like. I'd still have him in ahead of Moore though so agree with that.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I thought Muirhead was better than Bell yesterday. By some margin. On that basis, I'm not sure he warrants being dropped.

Moffat had a strange game for what little he played. There was a very uncharacteristic pass that he overhit when he should have played someone clean through. Very unMoffat like. I'd still have him in ahead of Moore though so agree with that.

With Bell back  I thought Kerr might alternate them for a bit, and with how he performed in the first game, Roscoe would get this one.

I doubt there’ll be as much “edge” to this as before now DU clearly have the league sewn up, McCall has gone and our fans’ attitudes to Shankland seem to have mellowed largely.

With that in mind I’m hoping Saturday will see the Championship’s United alliance donating some points towards Ayr’s fight to stay in the top 4 at the expense of Dundee.

I doubt there’ll be as much “edge” to this as before now DU clearly have the league sewn up, McCall has gone and our fans’ attitudes to Shankland seem to have mellowed largely.

With that in mind I’m hoping Saturday will see the Championship’s United alliance donating some points towards Ayr’s fight to stay in the top 4 at the expense of Dundee.

Nah, the dees seem to me to be more the good guys in this city (with a few notable exceptions).

Unfortunately my wee man has put a shankland strip at the top of his Santa list.

Ahh well, there are worse teams he could support.