Queens v Arbroath

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I hadn't seen that article before either by the way. It was a guess on my part, I watch all the interviews and remember Johnston annoying me a little bit with that interview

Was more they way he said it.... 

If im correct he said "we should be expecting to come to places like this and win" 

So no real need for DC to do a team talk saturday just play back the AJ post match interview from the last match.

If im correct he said "we should be expecting to come to places like this and win" 
So no real need for DC to do a team talk saturday just play back the AJ post match interview from the last match.

Yeah it annoyed me a bit.

Only Ayr and United at the weekend past there have beaten us at Gayfield in the league this season too

Rightly so. Just as it was entirely reasonable for Allan Johnston to say after the opening day game that it was a fixture we should be looking to win and in context of the performance on the day, one we probably should have won. No idea why anyone would get their knickers in a twist over that. 

This.

Some of its entertaining , some of it makes me worry the Dementia has kicked in.

Simo Lichtie keeps a track of his interview gaffs

His interview with Simon Ferry was one of the better ones and I normally hate about 99% of them. There’s only so many times you can ask someone who the characters were in a dressing room before it makes you fall asleep.

His interview with Simon Ferry was one of the better ones and I normally hate about 99% of them. There’s only so many times you can ask someone who the characters were in a dressing room before it makes you fall asleep.

Iv not watched it, I refuse to watch anything to do with Ferry or his sidekick “Slaney”

Iv not watched it, I refuse to watch anything to do with Ferry or his sidekick “Slaney”

Same

I can’t watch Kevin Kyle and Paul Slane without being reminded how shite they were for us and the fact that Slane makes jokes about how great a dressing room it was when we were sitting 9th getting humped by the likes of Brechin and Forfar just annoys me more.

Same

I can’t watch Kevin Kyle and Paul Slane without being reminded how shite they were for us and the fact that Slane makes jokes about how great a dressing room it was when we were sitting 9th getting humped by the likes of Brechin and Forfar just annoys me more.

It takes a special kind of idiot to find Paul Slane entertaining

44 minutes ago, Robertolichtie said:

This reminds me of the Hammy won the league at Starks Park scenario when DC said big John had done his teamtalk for him that day when he played back all the shite and disrespect he had been showing the lichties and that’s all he had to do to get a response from the players.

Find Dick's interviews hilarious, he gets his facts wrong quite a bit, the best one was a few weeks ago when he asked the reporter "who have we got next week?" haha

That said i do recall listening to Allan Johnston's "we should be coming to these places and winning" comment and thinking it was a bit of a surprise, certainly wasn't offended but saw it as a bit arrogant and something that would definitely be worth mentioning for extra motivation for our  players for the next game between the teams.

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Find Dick's interviews hilarious, he gets his facts wrong quite a bit, the best one was a few weeks ago when he asked the reporter "who have we got next week?" haha

That said i do recall listening to Allan Johnston's "we should be coming to these places and winning" comment and thinking it was a bit of a surprise, certainly wasn't offended but saw it as a bit arrogant and something that would definitely be worth mentioning for extra motivation for our  players for the next game between the teams.

I love them, he is just a great speaker, he has some excellent catchphrases like “christmas has come early for ....” and “there keeper has taken 10 mins on each goal kick” and his No1 “I have nae complaints about the day” after spending a great couple of minutes moaning about something  😂😂😂

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Seems like eons ago since we played Arbroath on that balmy sunny day. It was cracking day out with some good football by both sides on a proper grass pitch spoilt only by the lack of pies and no toilet facilities. This Sat there will be plenty of pies, toilets galore, crap weather and pish football on an abysmal pitch.