Queens v Arbroath

I reckon Dobbie had 8 shots on target and Gaston saved them all.

Good win eventually, although a bit nervy for the last quarter until the OG.

Good to see Pybus having a chat to the fans behind the main stand after the game, he put in a good shift.

Arbroath’s tactics made it a really open game which suited us. Very unusual for Dobbie to be allowed that much space and with the chances he had I would have fully expected him to bag himself 2/3 goals. Gaston had an outstanding match not for the first time against us.

We definitely struggle more against teams who defend deeper (like
Alloa) - given the dominant “chances created” stats anything other than a home win today would have been a massive disappointment but until the second goal went in we could easily have conceded an equaliser.

We played some
great stuff at times with Dobbie’s vision and craft at the heart of our best play.

How many times does dick have to play 3-5-2 to realise it doesn’t work? It nullifies our biggest threat & we dont have 1 good striker never mind 2. Everyone knows our best 11 so the sooner gold & jt r back the better. Bringing greig spence on is effectively dick throwing in the towel.

QOS were solid if unspectacular, was impressed with the no 17 who controlled the game & dobbie is a class act especially when he sent one of our defenders for a hotdog with his 1st touch.

P.S the 2 absolute wallopers from our side absolutely do not represent our support

Decent shout for an Arbroath penalty?
No shout at all. Blatant dive. Even if there is minimal contact Brownlie touches him after he gets the ball. I was fizzing the boy wasn't booked. Similarly El Bak should have been booked for diving later on.

I love Dobbs but I wish he would give the FKs to someone else. And until Saturday I had noticed how one-footed El Bak is. He's really reluctant to use his left.

As was commented after the game, it really was a one way contest and could have been more than 2. I'm glad the boy stuck it in for 2-0 because Gaston was getting it before Dobbie.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I love Dobbs but I wish he would give the FKs to someone else. And until Saturday I had noticed how one-footed El Bak is. He's really reluctant to use his left.

Connor Murray hits a better right footed free kick than Dobbie does. Kevin Holt should be on everything left footed from a shooting position. Dobbie should be on the right footed ones only when Murray isn't playing IMO.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Connor Murray hits a better right footed free kick than Dobbie does. Kevin Holt should be on everything left footed from a shooting position. Dobbie should be on the right footed ones only when Murray isn't playing IMO.
I said Holt should have taken it as it was almost the same place he rattled one in against The Rangers. The Captain's word is final I suppose.