Queens v Arbroath

El Bakhtaoui, Murray and Kilday not at their best today but we did enough to win. Dobbie played some brilliant football, with a sublime dummy on the left wing not long before we got the second. On another day Arbroath could have scored with some of there play being tidy with some neat touches. It would be good to sign Gaston for next season if we aren't extending McCrories loan.  Slightly concerned in the last two games we seem to get a bit hot and bothered around the 70 minute mark and make things difficult for ourselves but we did enough to win today

Bit of a slog that, with two powder puff attacks on show. We created a few good openings with some tidy link up play but a combination of poor final passes or finishing (a recurring theme this season) and an inspired performance Gaston kept us out.

It was nervy because of how familiar we all are with Queens making a mess of these situations, but I’d expect a neutral will have viewed it as a comfortable home win. Arbroath created nothing aside from the late freekick off the crossbar.

That was arguably our strongest starting XI today. If we can keep them fit and somehow become more clinical in front of goal then we may start climbing the table.

El Bakhtaoui, Murray and Kilday not at their best today but we did enough to win. Dobbie played some brilliant football, with a sublime dummy on the left wing not long before we got the second. On another day Arbroath could have scored with some of there play being tidy with some neat touches. It would be good to sign Gaston for next season if we aren't extending McCrories loan.  Slightly concerned in the last two games we seem to get a bit hot and bothered around the 70 minute mark and make things difficult for ourselves but we did enough to win today

On another day they could have scored if they actually created any clear-cut chances. Apart from a header that McCrorie looked to have covered and hitting the bar, they did nothing of note. I thought El Bak and Murray looked pretty threatening at times today. Murray being heavily involved in the second.

I wouldn't expect Gaston to sign now given he was messed about by us prior to this season. I'm sure he has a 2 year deal with Arbroath anyway.

It was nervy because of how familiar we all are with Queens making a mess of these situations, but I’d expect a neutral will have viewed it as a comfortable home win.

That is almost word for word what I said leaving Palmerston today.

In hindsight it was a comfortable win today with us creating plenty of chances. Dobbie could have had a hat-trick on another day but Gaston deserves credit as well. He really was excellent today and it's the old cliche but didn't deserve to be on a losing side.

Frustratingly I didn't think we were very good before our goal. We then scored a well worked goal and continued to try and play good football; not boot it. Using Dobbie as a target man will never work. The defence was pretty solid, I thought Pybus and Osman had good individual games but we just need a dictator in there. Thought we always looked dangerous on the attack especially the second half.

Given our next 3 fixtures that really was a valuable 3 pts. I don't think it's unrealistic to say we could potentially pick up 0 pts from them. Hopefully we build on this though.

Post this seperately so my previous book doesn't get quoted.

Do Arbroath have a travel club type thing? There was a couple of young lads getting a bit mouthy today. Nothing too bad just a bit unnecessary. One of them randomly gave it a "get it right fucking up eez" to the home fans, at which point an older guy had a stern word with him and told him in no uncertain terms to calm it. Good bit of self policing but I wondered if he was a bus organiser or just an older guy telling them to behave [emoji38]

Also nice to hear a set of fans not give the usual Tory-b*****ds shite.

Do Arbroath have a travel club type thing? There was a couple of young lads getting a bit mouthy today. Nothing too bad just a bit unnecessary. One of them randomly gave it a "get it right fucking up eez" to the home fans, at which point an older guy had a stern word with him and told him in no uncertain terms to calm it. Good bit of self policing but I wondered if he was a bus organiser or just an older guy telling them to behave [emoji38]

We do have a supporters club and the gentleman who disciplined the wee arse hole is club president. We work hard to self police so the arseholes don’t embarrass us. Iv showed him this post and he appreciates your kind words.

He is the biggest Tory going tho.....

The young lad in question was ASC1878

We do have a supporters club and the gentleman who disciplined the wee arse hole is club president. We work hard to self police so the arseholes don’t embarrass us. Iv showed him this post and he appreciates your kind words.

He is the biggest Tory going tho.....

Aye fair play to him. There were other guys who kept saying things such as "sorry about those two", "they don't represent us" [emoji38]

Out with him and his pal, Arbroath fans seemed to enjoy themselves and were having a good laugh among themselves. Maybe there were no Tory shouts given your main man is one. If it means we don't have to hear that tired patter he's welcome back any time!

The young lad in question was ASC1878

I don't know if you're serious but that would certainly add up.

Do Queens players get a bonus for playing? Are things so tight that we couldn't afford to bring on any subs today. I thought after 65-70 mins and as the game went on the game was dying out for change. Maybe Paton in midfield or Hamilton up front to offer some height and a focal point. Even when we went 2 up I would have put a sub on to rub down the clock and break up the play

I really like Pybus. What a signing. Love the energy he brings to midfield, just doesn't slow down.

As others have said Kilday was a bit poor today. Missed a few things but mercifully we didn't pay a price for it.

Arbroath goalie had a great game, Dobbie could have had several goals today. Which would have been nice as I had a fiver on him scoring two or more...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Maybe there were no Tory shouts given your main man is one. If it means we don't have to hear that tired patter he's welcome back any time!

I have to correct you on this one; there were several Tory shouts from myself.... however they were all directed towards our 'main man' and not yourselves ;) 

Overall I'd say a draw would've flattered us had the McKenna free kick gone in - the stats dont lie on this one. Dobbie was absolutely dominant, he just oozes class with almost every touch... his vision, control and ability to create space is outstanding, there is no-one else in this division near him in terms of footballing ability, Shankland included in that.

Delighted with the result but that could have gone badly wrong with the failure to use a substitution or two when we were being squeezed. 

Exact same thing happened at the last home game against Patrick which cost us. Got away with it this week. 

To say Arbroath are part time they never faded out of the game. Not sure if that says more about them or less about us... 

I have to correct you on this one; there were several Tory shouts from myself.... however they were all directed towards our 'main man' and not yourselves [emoji6] 
Overall I'd say a draw would've flattered us had the McKenna free kick gone in - the stats dont lie on this one. Dobbie was absolutely dominant, he just oozes class with almost every touch... his vision, control and ability to create space is outstanding, there is no-one else in this division near him in terms of footballing ability, Shankland included in that.

[emoji173]️