Queens v Arbroath

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be another hard game .

Arbroath are part time but at our level that makes no difference it is a myth that being full time somehow makes you a better player .

Hopefully we will have Dobbie Pybus and Lyon back.

Thought you might have been a bit more positive after our excellent result today.

Don’t know wether Dobb’s and Pybus were fit to start today, but I would think they will both be fit next Saturday. They were badly missed against Partick, so let’s get the two of them in from the start against Arbroath.

It’s not like me but I’m confident of a Queens win here.

12 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be another hard game .

Arbroath are part time but at our level that makes no difference it is a myth that being full time somehow makes you a better player .

Hopefully we will have Dobbie Pybus and Lyon back.

We have played 7 games against part-time sides this season and have won 1, drawn 3 and lost 3. 

Every single thread the part time thing comes up it's a pain in the arse. Can understand the talk when it's a midweek game or something seeing as it probably puts us at a disadvantage but on a normal Saturday I don't think it plays a part.

Just played 2 of the best full time sides in the division (Dundee (on paper) and United) and another team who's right up there so far and we could've easily come away with 7 points.

I think we will be right up for this, DC been interviewed a few times and made reference to disrespectful comments from an opponents manager after a game... didn't say who but going by what I've seen and read I think he is referring to what Alan Johnstone said after the opening match of the season...

Every single thread the part time thing comes up it's a pain in the arse. Can understand the talk when it's a midweek game or something seeing as it probably puts us at a disadvantage but on a normal Saturday I don't think it plays a part.

Just played 2 of the best full time sides in the division (Dundee (on paper) and United) and another team who's right up there so far and we could've easily come away with 7 points.

I think we will be right up for this, DC been interviewed a few times and made reference to disrespectful comments from an opponents manager after a game... didn't say who but going by what I've seen and read I think he is referring to what Alan Johnstone said after the opening match of the season...

So what you are saying is that Campbell is still raging about some remarks made more than 4 months ago. He really knows how to fester a grudge it would seem [emoji23]

So what you are saying is that Campbell is still raging about some remarks made more than 4 months ago. He really knows how to fester a grudge it would seem [emoji23]

Not raging no, said it on Si Ferry interview the context it was said is on there.

I imagine these things will be rather common for managers...

Not raging no, said it on Si Ferry interview the context it was said is on there.

I imagine these things will be rather common for managers...

Fair enough

I read it that it was the reason for your notion that Arbroath would be right up for this. Also that he had said it in a few interviews. Hence my assumption he was still raging.

Fair enough
I read it that it was the reason for your notion that Arbroath would be right up for this. Hence my assumption he was still raging.

Aye it reads like that a wee bit tbf

Think one of DCs main strengths is getting his players motivated for games. Been right up for every game, just meant it might give us an extra edge, if he was on about AJ to be fair... could've been in regards to somebody else

1 hour ago, Mexico said:

No disrespect to QOS but I feel this is a game we should be targeting to win after a run of pretty difficult games.

We have played well recently so more of the same should see us do alright.

Rightly so. Just as it was entirely reasonable for Allan Johnston to say after the opening day game that it was a fixture we should be looking to win and in context of the performance on the day, one we probably should have won. No idea why anyone would get their knickers in a twist over that.